rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

On the search for a new hooker!
29 November, 2017 10:00
Jack Walker out for 3 months, so we are yet again looking for a new hooker, bl**dy hell we've only just let one go

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

Re: On the search for a new hooker!
29 November, 2017 10:26
I think we possibly need to cut our losses with Walker, for all of his undoubted potential he has spent most of this time here on the physio bench! I think we made an error in not signing Charles on a proper contract, despite managing his cystic vibrosis was still incredibly robust.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 10:30
So we have Dunn and VV. How far away is Batty?

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 10:36
Quote:
JimDaff
I think we possibly need to cut our losses with Walker, for all of his undoubted potential he has spent most of this time here on the physio bench! I think we made an error in not signing Charles on a proper contract, despite managing his cystic vibrosis was still incredibly robust.

Quite annoyed by the post, Jack Walker has taken a knock playing (or training for) Bath and you want to let him go? He is a massive talent, hooker is an attritional position, they will pick up injuries.

Charles was an international rugby player, of course he is robust!

by
by (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 11:15
Oh dear.

"Dave Attwood returned to training after his long-term knee issue but felt tightness in his quad, which has set his recovery back.

There is still no return date for the lock who hasn't played since May."

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 11:19
"Quite annoyed by the post, Jack Walker has taken a knock playing (or training for) Bath and you want to let him go? He is a massive talent, hooker is an attritional position, they will pick up injuries. "

Obviously the club has to make a judgement call here, but if he gets to the end of his current contract without playing a fair bit more rugby then I would have to agree if the club said "I don't think this is going to work."

However, breaking his contract doesn't seem right.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 11:33
I must say this is bad news for Walker and the club. Personally I like what I have seen of the guy, and want him to stay and get better. He is very talented and young, but needs to be looked after. Look at Cowan-Dickie at Exeter, he has had a number of long term injuries, but Baxter and his team are looking after him, as he again has international potential and is on EJ's radar.

It will take time for him as the Prem is a big step up from his previous rugby experience at Leeds where he was highly rated and captained the side on occassions.

Get well soon Jack. Come back stronger.

PS I still think we should have kept Charles for the season, especially as we started it without Batty.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 11:39
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quite annoyed by the post, Jack Walker has taken a knock playing (or training for) Bath and you want to let him go? He is a massive talent, hooker is an attritional position, they will pick up injuries.

Let him go as in not resign him once his contact is up. I didnít mean sack him immediately, apologies if my post was misleading but itís the third time he has broken a foot whilst at Bath and Iím sure heís had another injury too. With his pedigree as ex England U20ís skipper heís probably on a decent salary and with cap restrictions we canít afford to keep players with recurring long term injuries. Itís not a very pleasant way of looking at things but the management need to be more ruthless if weíre to be successful!

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 12:47
In some ways you are correct. Wait until current contract is completed and decide then. To me it depends on the prognosis of the doctors. Can he make a 100% recovery and still play. We do not want to cripple him for life.
Despite it being a business, we still should feel some moral responsibility to look after a young player.

I fear for his future though as this is the 3rd break. I remember Adam Vander the flanker who also suffered a foot issue and had to retire.

Rugby is already tough enough on the body

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 13:08
I understand it is the same bone broken at the same place as before and that is a little surprising and worrying for the player.

In my experience, when you break a bone (like my collar bone), you usually get over calcification (ie a lump forms on the break) which usually means it is even stronger than before. Was he rushed back before the first break had healed? If so that doesn't say much for the Bath medical team and could become a long term problem.

Hope not as I believe he has shown distinct promise. Get well soon Jack, but take your time this time.

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 16:07
Crevy? Simgleton?

Would love both. Never going to happen. Liked the look of that Macanally for scotlansd as well.

Get well soon Jack.

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simple, for rucks sake.

A.B.L.

Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

29 November, 2017 20:09
Quote:
by
Oh dear.
"Dave Attwood returned to training after his long-term knee issue but felt tightness in his quad, which has set his recovery back.

There is still no return date for the lock who hasn't played since May."

Growing increasingly worried for Atters... Will he ever get back to where he was?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net