rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Exe v Bath
02 December, 2017 13:44
7 v 0 after 10 minutes.

Exe starving Bath of any possession

Mike the Taxi

Re: Exe v Bath
02 December, 2017 13:45
Poor kick by Kahn; Bath offside then give away penalty at line-out

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 13:46
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
7 v 0 after 10 minutes.
Exe starving Bath of any possession

Not true. We are handing them possession and they are saying Ďthanks very much, we will keep thatí.

supermarinematt
supermarinematt (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 13:46
Poor so far, gonna be a long afternoon unless we get the ball and dont kick it away

Mike the Taxi

02 December, 2017 13:48
Exe try

12 v 0

by
by (IP Logged)

Making us look like a bunch of school boys

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Very very poor so far. Looking like a long afternoon.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 13:49
Oh dear, we arenít rucking or tackling and are kicking it away. We need to change our tactics NOW or we will concede 50.

Mike the Taxi

Roko missed tackle.

Converted

14 v 0

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Roko missed tackle.
Converted

14 v 0

Was Watson

Mike the Taxi

02 December, 2017 13:50
Sorry, Radio Bristol commentary is all I have to go by; Sheridan again!

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 13:52
I just don't understand why teams kick the ball against Exeter, they'll comfortably go through the phases until they score from outside their 22.

supermarinematt

If Exe were a little more precise they would be even further ahead. This shows us that we aint no where near as good as the league position

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 13:52 by supermarinematt.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

We look terrified and clueless at the moment.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

This is what some of us have been worried about for quite a while & we currently look a mile away from top 4.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 13:54
Men against toddlers. Exeter are a real credit to their City and fans.

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 13:57
This is a painful watch

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 14:03
We are absolute rubbish. Score the pen, cant get the restart and then cough up a converted try

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:04
Considering the personnel in our line up that should not be the case.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:06
Well, this is embarrassing. Todd did say it would be a good indicator of where we are as a team. Mid table seems to be the answer.

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:06
This I shocking! We canít tackle iour back row is non existent. Makes louw and faletauís absence all the more noticeable. Going to get stuffed

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:09
Ewels off with a leg injury, TBP for the chiefs.

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:10
Shameful

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 14:10
Bonus point try in 35 mins ....

bathboyinmidlands
bathboyinmidlands (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:11
This is almost laughable how bad we are. What were they thinking when selecting the back row they are completely wrong against Exeter with no jackler or ball carrier.

Can anyone tell me how we have progressed since last season as I just canít see it.

We are a million miles from Chiefs and sarries. Embarrassing.

Coaching staff need to take a long look in the mirror

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:14
I know very little about rugby but even I know that these tactics will not work against Exeter. How the players / coaches think they will is...well...just odd.

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:15
When we are defending they are constantly running at soft shoulders between two players, whereas Bath are just running straight into guys and getting pushed back.

Really awful viewing.

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 14:15
All that ball, didnt really go anywhere and turn it over. Terrible rugby

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:16
Truly shameful.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:17
Secret ploy, we let them secure the BP in the 1st half, they then ease off in the 2nd half and we storm back to win the game.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:20
Quote:
BathMatt53
We look terrified and clueless at the moment.

Whats happened to our 'Stars' ?

seb
seb (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:20
Really poor, one bid difference between their forwards and ours (and there are many) is that they take the ball at pace and break the gain line. We take it standing still and Ďfoldí into the tackle. I could go on....

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:27
Excellent backline on paper, but God we're playing so poorly. Our linespeed in defence is nowhere near what it was earlier in the season.

Really poor.

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:28
To be frank Ex have not been that special but do the basics very well- we look clueless and powder puff

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:34
Can anyone think of a worse half of rugby that Bath have played? I know the game hasnít ended but I am sure we wonít recover from this, in fact I expect Exeter to rack up 50+ points which is totally depressing. In one match our season has been ruined since we have absolutely no excuses. Whilst we donít have Underhill, Louw (for some strange reason) & Faletau (for a poor reason) we still have a decent back row & loads of internationals in our line up. Clearly the coaches havenít been watching Exeter & havenít prepared the team properly for this match. Whatever we do in the rest of the season we canít live this down. At least I have West Ham as my other team ........... wait (Sm147)

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:34
If it was a youth game you would blow up now and get everyone an early hot-dog and chips. Exe a different class in that first half. The question of course is can the coaches and players react after the interval and play how we know they can play?

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 14:37
I'd empty the bench now. It can't get worse and might change things for us

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:38
Quote:
BathMatt53
If it was a youth game you would blow up now and get everyone an early hot-dog and chips. Exe a different class in that first half. The question of course is can the coaches and players react after the interval and play how we know they can play?

Same old then !

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:43
Is Watson injured? Looks disinterested

bathboyinmidlands

02 December, 2017 14:43
So can anyone see what the plan is for the 2nd half as so far canít quite see what has changed.

Aimless, clueless, hopeless

nixworld2
nixworld2 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:44
This is approaching truly embarrassing. Good teams change tactics when things aren't going well, but we seem incapable of that.
If I see one more ball kicked away, my living room windows are in danger!

We at least need to increase quality of performance and come out of this with heads held high. At the minute, that appears impossible. It's the manner of the loss ( I don't think I am being too presumptive, there!) that will be especially painful.

I dread to think what will happen in Toulon (Sm147)

At least Max Lahiff's hair has given me something to smile about!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:45
They probably think they are playing an A team match which we always lose by a shed load of points which in a strange way might be coming back to bite us as any heavy loss is unacceptable.

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:45
Although Exeter are playing pretty well, they are, unfortunately for us, far from running in top gear which is a reflection on just how poor we are today.

When they have ball in hand they threaten every time so why keep kicking it back?

Like we tell the lad in the U13s squad we coach, we donít mind losing but itís the manner in losin that matters.

We look like a poor championship side today....oh, and Waldrons now gone over!

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 14:46
Every break Exe make they make yards and yards. We seem to have given up. Pitiful try to give away

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:49
I think Bath players have been told there is no Christmas party at Farleigh House ! (Sm100)

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 14:52
I think half the players are back on the coach home already

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:00
Hugely embarassing performance being capped by how poor the officials are - tries £ & 4 shouldn't have been given, wrong lineout calls galore, players (from both sides) rejoining rucks from in front of the ball.

Exeter are so far and away the best side in the league at retaining possession that kicking the ball to them is stupid.

Poor tactics, awful performance.

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 15:00
Not sure we deserved that, but I'll take it

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:02
6th try conceded, this could end up at 60.
What's Bath's worst ever league result?

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:04
I donít ever remember feeling genuinely embarrassed but I do today. I feel for those fans that made the trip given what they have had to put up with.

bathboyinmidlands

02 December, 2017 15:05
God forbid TB comes out with his usual platitudes and clap trap after this shambles. Unfortunately I can hear him now...

ďArh look I was really proud how the boys reacted blah blah blahĒ

He needs to start getting angry cos you can bet your life BC will be, along with the rest of us.

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 15:05
So is this coaching or players who are just not good enough? I can't make up my mind

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:07
Nicely crafted second try.

When will fans learn that what the coach says to the press is very different to what he will say to the team?

supermarinematt

02 December, 2017 15:10
Quote:
Dorset Boy
Nicely crafted second try.
When will fans learn that what the coach says to the press is very different to what he will say to the team?

I think we understand that, but after this kind of performance just say it how it is. Don't see what difference it makes. Can't tell me the players are so sensitive they can't take criticism

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:12
At least hen we racked up 4 tries in 20 minutes against Quins they really rolled up their sleeves & got stuck in & looked the better side for the rest of the game. Evidently TBís interval team talk was worse than useless. Top 6? In your dreams (Sm6)

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:15
Try bonus for Bath.... checking grounding though

Mike the Taxi

02 December, 2017 15:15
Banahan bonus point try!!

42 v 27

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:16
Well fought back boys. Someone needs to say it.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:17
FT: 42 - 29

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

Well, at least the BP. That's something.

Mike the Taxi

Converted

42 v 29

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:18
Well played Exeter, completely outclassed Bath.

At least we have the last 15 minutes to feel positive about, even though the previous 65 we horrendous!

Many would have settled for a BP beforehand
Runs for cover!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 15:19 by Dorset Boy.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:19
Quote:
Dorset Boy
6th try conceded, this could end up at 60.
What's Bath's worst ever league result?

68 - 12 v Gloucester in 2002

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:20
Why couldn't we play like that from minute 1?

Think Priestland just played himself into the starting number 10 jersey.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:23
Interesting tactic, tire the opposition out by getting them to run back to halfway after so many tries, then start playing properly for the last 20mins. Not sure itís the most effective approach. Still, we did show a lot of heart in the final Q.

benjbath
benjbath (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:23
Such@#$%&tactics for the first half and poorly executed as well. Have to say though I am pleased with how we came back. We needed to do that from the start of the game and I don't see why we don't. Kicking is only good game management when they're not sitting three players in the back field because it's so ridiculously telegraphed.

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:24
Much better last quarter...much better. Bonus point comeback but classic example of the scoreline not reflecting the game.

Well done Chiefs, well deserved win.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:27
Look these games happen, when for whatever reason your 5% off against a quality side like Exeter you are going to be up against it. Great last 25 mins to bag a really unlikely bonus point which could be so important come the end of the season. Forget the score teams will come to Sandy Park and play the Chiefs off the park and still come away without a point.

I am sure the coaches and players will be desperately disappointed but they will work hard on what needs to be worked on and put the game behind them. My concern still revolves around our lack of depth and big ball carriers.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:28
Utterly useless for most of the game. No energy no line speed and horrible amount of missed tackles....does anyone have a clue what our tactics were because @#$%& if I could see any.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

stephen4944
stephen4944 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:41
After a poor match, I feel a modicum of credit to whoever declined the conversion attempt for try 3, to allow the time to get the fourth.
Without that, we may well not have come away with the bonus point.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:51
Only reason we scored a bit was because the game was over and Exeter weren't trying as hard. Bath were poorly prepared tactically and poorly motivated on the day. We have some very good players but we have been less than the sum of our parts since about October last year.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:53
We played the wrong game plan and we executed it horrendously, none of our kicks were on the money. Our defence was constantly back peddling and even though we chose not compete at the rucks, our players were getting caught on the floor in the tackle.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:56
Ah well - BP from Sandy Park is on budget, so a bit of credit for that. Kahn seems to be on the wane, which is a shame, but maybe Chris Cookís time has come. We really did lack one more ball carrier and Zach looked very lightweight when he took the ball flat, but he came back well when the game opened up. Lahiff was pretty feisty too. Was, however, a bit depressing to have it so emphatically confirmed that we are well short of the top 2-3 teams.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:57
Comprehensively outplayed by the better team for an hour. The fact we didít let our heads go down and scrambled a BP is a positive, but thatís about it.

I guess a back row missing a Underhill, Faletau and Louw was always going to struggle, but in reality I think it was very poor tactically and we didnít know how to deal with Exeter at all..

Stuart

Former ed.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:59
An extremely well coached team vs an extremely poorly coached team.

Men against boys.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 15:59
Exeter wanted it more (Sm145)

In all seriousness though, it was just tactical stupidity, it was like we had never seen Exe play before.

Well, thatís done now, we got a point which is more than many teams have done at Sandy Park in the last year - onward!

(I thought that JP Doyle was fine and Exe were clinical as ever, very well done to them you can see why they are champions.)

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:01
At least Banners salvaged the LBP after JJ's seventy eighth pointless grubber of the season nearly threw it away.

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:01
Mercer did look good in the wide channels but also looked like a rag doll defending at times, need a bit more of an enforcer at 7.

Sirengco
Sirengco (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:04
I don't particularly mind losing to Exeter away... they are on a great run of form and it's a difficult place to play. I was very disappointed in the nature of the loss and lack of coordination.

Who was our defensive captain pushing the line speed?

Where were the strike runs off early phase ball?

Who was sticking their hand up to rally the team and keep heads high? (Usually Stoke and one of the reasons he is so important)

Coming out second best is nothing to be ashamed of, it's a fantasticLy competitive league. BUT atest go out with passion... glad we showed some in the last 20 atleast but we need some clearer on-pitch leaders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 16:05 by Sirengco.

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:04
I just wish Exeter had stopped playing for the last 15 mins last week!!! Seriously though, as a 'neutral' was concerned with A Watson's game. Is he carrying an injury? Never seen him play like that, missing tackles etc Does he need a break?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:17
Quote:
by
Why couldn't we play like that from minute 1?
Think Priestland just played himself into the starting number 10 jersey.

Lol. If you think the last 15 minutes of that match was reflective of a proper game, then you are deluded.

One side with nothing to play other than avoiding injury for for 40 minutes.
Bath weren't particularly good at the end, Chiefs just lost the edge that they played for the first 50 mins. Well done Bath on getting the 4th try, but I would take very little pride in that given how the proper match went.
I'd actually like to see the TBP changed to 3 clear tries like they do in France, as it would help to keep teams focused throughout.

If I were a Glaws or Tigers fan for example, I might be annoyed at Exeter gifting a point to the opposition, but I can't get too bothered about it as a Chiefs fan.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:23
F off Fatheralice, win with class and stop trolling to rub things in

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:27
Quote:
ballsout

True gent. You are a credit to yourself. Which football team do you support?

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:29
A great team would never back off in the last 15 mins and give the opposition a bonus try point. Mr baxter will not be happy about that - watch out Leinster.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:32
Father Alice I think that the point that by was making was that we werenít as bad in the last 15 as we were in the first 40. He wasnít saying that we were the All Blacks or anything...

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:32
Classy from Fatheralice (bad winners are even worse than bad losers) NOT, and got the sort of reaction a really peed off fan might give.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:35
Quote:
Dave Berko
Quote:
ballsout

True gent. You are a credit to yourself. Which football team do you support?
I'm sure Ballsout can defend himself, but you're comment would have been better directed at FAs classless iinitial post.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:38
Quote:
hemington
A great team would never back off in the last 15 mins and give the opposition a bonus try point. Mr baxter will not be happy about that - watch out Leinster.

I've said exactly that on our site. I actually think Bath may have done us a favour there.

No gloating intended. I just think there are 2 sides to every coin, and to think that Bath would have been able to play like that from the start, which is what the original post I was replying to implied is unrealistic.

Edit - probably not going to take anti-trolling advice from Ballsout if thats OKeye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 16:41 by fatheralice.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:38
This game always had the possibility to pan out like that.
As was said beforehand (BallsOut IIRC) we love to play without the ball, whilst Ex want to keep possession at all costs.
I was certainly expecting to lose by 10-15 points (expecting 5 tries to 3).
We (often, not always) lacked line speed in defence, but we're still aggressive in the tackle. In attack we typically took the ball stationary, whilst we chased box kicks poorly (and kicked a touch too long).
I don't think the points of difference were all that marked TBH, but they were vital. Whilst we didn't get there in the way I expected, we did end up where I did.

Our game-plan was always on a hiding to nothing against at Exeter, but you could make a very good argument that it's better to play it anyway, learn and get better at it, than it is to throw it out of the window because it doesn't work yet against the very best.

If taking the foot off the pedal in the last 20 is no excuse, and evidence of a bad team when Bath do it; how come taking advantage of another team (who'd never do such a thing) do it is a bad thing? You can't have it both ways, and a match lasts 80 minutes, whether you're ahead or behind - we certainly showed all the guts and commitment in that final 20 that we get told doesn't exist... and we do get to!d that, every week.

As for how far we are behind the top 2... yes we're behind them, and are several years of development behind them, and less consistent in our game plan. We're also so far behind them that we haven't beaten a top 2 team in all of... erm... 3 months.

Look, I know we played poorly for 60 minutes today, and I know this board doesn't have much perspective at the best of times; but we also lost away to the best team in the league by a margin that we should have expected. We are not bottom 4 as a result, we're not even mid-table as a result... in fact, we're still top 4!
Losing by 7-14 points at Sandy Park puts us in he same bracket as Wasps, Newcastle, Glasgow, Harlequins; and better than LIrish, Northampton... this season.
Of all teams to play at Sandy Park this season, only Glasgow have got closer than we did today, and they lost by 9. We're the only visitors to earn a bonus point.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:43
I am not going to gloat as two wrongs don't make a write but from a Chiefs supporting perspective we have copped plenty from certain people, not all I hasten to add, off this board when we couldn't beat you and didn't get much in the way of respect then so I can't blame some in responding now that we get some of our own back on the pitch.
We have had plenty of so called BAD WINNER flak coming our way in the past......
It would have been physically impossible for us to continue our intensity in the way we did in that first 50 minutes so expected us to tire but not as much as to give up that point.
I expect a very different tough game at the Rec and a lot can happen between then and now

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:50
The last 20 was more Bath changing up the game plan than Exeter taking their foot off the gas. Giving up the scrum in the dying minutes was soft but Bath worked hard for their scores and Exeter players definitely worked as hard as they had been all game trying to deny it, look at Woodburn injuring himself in a last ditch tackle attempt on Brew.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 16:57
Quote:
fatheralice
I actually think Bath may have done us a favour there.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, we're THRILLED to hear it. Thank you for letting us know another area Exeter came out on top.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 17:07
Left sharpish at the end as I got fed up with the smug home fans laughing at our ineptitude. Long time since I've been that embarrassed to wear the Bath shirt.

Exeter are simply superior to us from ownership down to squad makeup, but where it notices most is with the coaching. Baxter gets greater than the sum of their parts from the Exe squad and is a proven winner. TB is a nice bloke getting less than the sum of parts from the Bath squad and only has plan A.

We are simply not getting any closer to challenging for honours.

Will be in Toulon next week and before today I really thought we might have a chance as they've been playing poorly. After watching our amateurish performance today it's going to be like an early xmas present for Toulon. Perhaps the kit man should be in charge of tactics, because our usual kick it away plan A isn't going to work there either.

What annoys me more than anything is I really don't like going to Sandy Park, although went hopeful of a decent performance, but instead my time was wasted.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 17:09
FatherAlice, if you're expecting a friendly response by coming onto the board of a team who have been pasted (and, seriously, everyone on the board knows this) and trying to talk down the only positive they might have out of the game... well I think you're a touch naive. Also, you're going to have to start dealing with jealousy and bitterness from some other fans now - you're not the plucky upstarts anymore. You can, of course, collect your tears in the Premiership trophy...

Bath were much better in the second half - line speed and intensity in defence was at least acceptable. Which is not difficult given that we were as wretched in the first half as Quins were last week.

by
by (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 17:26
Completely agree with you OutsideBath, particularly in defence, way too often we've seen teams run straight through the middle of us, finding huge gaps between two forwards.

I'm completely on board with TB as coach but we seem to have lacked basic skills for the last 3-4 years, something you'd think a NZ coach would identify and fix ASAP.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 17:49
Tyler, interesting but was there a plan?
I have absolutely no idea what it was.
I accept that sometimes it goes wrong but please someone tell me what it was.

FLAP

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 18:02
Which Tyler, you're talking as if our tactics today were an anomaly. As if we nearly always take the ball running rather than stationary, as if our ball retention and ideas in attack have some how evolved and developed over the past 30/40 games.
I find this odd, this idea that every week is a one off, an event in isolation.
We win more than we lose but given the stars on the payroll, we should expect to. Do we look like evolving a trophy competing style of play? No.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 18:18
Quote:
Danchinho
Which Tyler, you're talking as if our tactics today were an anomaly.
not if you read my post I didn't.
As for developing a trophy winning style of play, I guess that depends on whether Sarries of 4 years ago were ever winning any trophies, 'cos that's what we're trying to do right now - we're just not as good at it yet

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 18:26
I didn't even say winning, just to look like we might be able to compete would be a big step forward. We don't look like we've developed at all though.
Either TB can't formulate a style to suit the players he has or the club can't sign the players he wants to play the way he wants.
Something is not working, clearly.
Either one party is not able or the other is not willing.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

02 December, 2017 18:46
Ok we might have non executed the alleged tactics, but can someone please tell me what those tactics were?

Especially you W T since you think there are are some tactics.

HOP

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net