rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Expectations for next 3 AP matches
03 December, 2017 07:40
I am now feeling more than a little nervous about our next 3 fixtures. We will have to start playing for more than 20 mins per match to win two out of the three which needs to be our minimum target. Sale at home have always been tough but now seem stronger home & away. Wasps arenít back to last seasonís form & will hopefully still be missing Cipriani but managed to edge out Leicester yesterday & are hard on our heels. Worcester were looking rejuvenated but suffered a poor loss yesterday so are difficult to judge as are we I would say. I still feel we are operating in 3rd gear for much of the time. There is a lack of fluency about our moves & as we saw yesterday a lack of physical attrition at times. Because we have some talented players we can have purple patches but it is a mixed bag which must in part be down to the coaching. TB always says they will put things right. Letís see if that is the case.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:03 by Bath Hammer.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Expectations for next 3 AP matches
03 December, 2017 13:26
I would hope for 9 points from the next 3 AP matches and expect 6.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 13:30 by BathMatt53.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 14:19
Hope for 15 points, expect 13 points given our returnees.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 15:56
Trouble is we are a bit like France at the moment, you never know which Bath are going to turn up! The problem is its not each game its each half!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 16:05
I will wait and see how we go in Europe before thinking about this set of games, an away LBP and a home win v Toulon are my expectations. I hope we stay injury free and some player combinations behind the scrum settle into working together. Two good performances and no more injuries and we can go into the AP set of games with more confidence...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 16:46
Quote:
Clarkey3k
I will wait and see how we go in Europe before thinking about this set of games, an away LBP and a home win v Toulon are my expectations.

(Sm22)

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 17:28
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Clarkey3k
I will wait and see how we go in Europe before thinking about this set of games, an away LBP and a home win v Toulon are my expectations.

(Sm22)

A cheap post OB, Toulon are 7th in the T14 table atm and a shadow of the 3xHC Champs side, we were scalped by the Chiefs y'day but have a few scalps of our own this season. Why is losing away & winning at home a cause for hilarity?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 17:46
Quote:
Clarkey3k

A cheap post OB, Toulon are 7th in the T14 table atm and a shadow of the 3xHC Champs side, we were scalped by the Chiefs y'day but have a few scalps of our own this season. Why is losing away & winning at home a cause for hilarity?
welcome to the board.
We lost this weekend, therefore suggesting anything other than automatic relegation and the firing of all players and coaches is being laughably optimistic

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

03 December, 2017 18:19
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Clarkey3k

(Sm22)

Quite simply I have watched Toulon a lot this season and our aimless kicking game is made for them.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 December, 2017 07:43
We have to get our game right to beat any of these teams, let alone Toulon. It seems to me our game is not right often enough & consistently enough for us to avoid the likelihood of a series of losses. We have had some purple patches in games but we have also gone into our shells for long periods & conceded possession to an alarming degree. We HAVE TO STOP aimlessly kicking the ball back to the opposition. It is utterly pointless & drives us all mad!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 December, 2017 12:48
One interesting thing is that the matches over Christmas and new year are going to be titanic for all sorts of reasons - the weekend of 23rd for example: bottom of the table clash and then all of the middle to top teams playing each other, extremely hard to call with the top 4 all away from home. Tigers for example have Sarries then Exe.

Going to be an exciting Christmas - dry turkey sandwiches and a dozen games of rugby to watch...

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 00:17
Don't worry about the AP, we have a side of yes ageing stars to play who I am sure will expose our tactical and skill weaknesses and lack of physicality. And they might want to play for 80 minutes and have a chance to win something.

Certainly Sale and Worcester, in particular, are both physical and play with no little skill. I believe they enjoy handling the ball and are good at catching well advertised punts!

I am not expecting anything from the Wasps game as they grittily fought and out played a tough Leicester side. Wasps, especially with Launchbury in the pack, and with their talented, speedy backs being directed by Cipriani, our aimless toothless play will be picked apart.

I will be there at every game, as usual, hoping against hope we have turned the corner and showed some consistent improvement and give us hope for the future.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 00:17
Don't worry about the AP, we have a side of yes ageing stars to play who I am sure will expose our tactical and skill weaknesses and lack of physicality. And they might want to play for 80 minutes and have a chance to win something.

Certainly Sale and Worcester, in particular, are both physical and play with no little skill. I believe they enjoy handling the ball and are good at catching well advertised punts!

I am not expecting anything from the Wasps game as they grittily fought and out played a tough Leicester side. Wasps, especially with Launchbury in the pack, and with their talented, speedy backs being directed by Cipriani, our aimless toothless play will be picked apart.

I will be there at every game, as usual, hoping against hope we have turned the corner and showed some consistent improvement and give us hope for the future.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 05:03
Quote:
Bathovalballer

So, do you expect us to win any of those games BoB?

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 11:58
Is there space for someone with a positive attitude on this thread?

I fancy us to get points at home and away to Toulon in the Champions cup. All teams seem to raise their games for the Champions cup but Toulon narrowly beat Scarlets and Treviso whom we beat both of also.
I fancy us to play Priestland out in France and try to strategically beat them around the pitch with a clever game plan. Whether it will work like it did against Scarlets away I am not sure but Scarlets were last year's Pro14 winners and play expansive stuff which, Toulon on their day can do, and we beat them.

As for the AP games - Sale away will be tough as always. They are excellent at home and have taken many scalps there. We will have to be at our best to get something from there but if we fire there is no reason we can't.
Wasps at home I expect us to win having been aggrieved at the loss at home to them last year. No Charles Piutau or Kurtley Beale this year though for them and I expect it to be a tight game where - injuries permitting - we should be able to get some forward dominance against them.
Worcester away again a tough game but we should be able to win this as well.

The reality is though that it is all down to the performance on the day in each of the games tbh! We are good enough to win all 5 though if we fire well!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 12:19
Quote:
Big Dog
No Charles Piutau or Kurtley Beale this year though for them and I expect it to be a tight game where - injuries permitting - we should be able to get some forward dominance against them.

There was no Charles Piutau for them last season either - he played for them in the 15-16 season.

Wasps team at the rec on 4th March 2017: Beale; Wade, Leiua, Gopperth, Le Roux; Cipriani, Simpson; Mullan (capt), Taylor, Cooper-Woolley, Symons, Gaskell, Johnson, Young, Rieder.

We can of course win all of them, none of them are easy games though, Northampton can tell you about both!

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 15:00
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Big Dog
No Charles Piutau or Kurtley Beale this year though for them and I expect it to be a tight game where - injuries permitting - we should be able to get some forward dominance against them.

There was no Charles Piutau for them last season either - he played for them in the 15-16 season.

Dw BathMatt I was aware of this. I was not clear enough perhaps - what I meant was that they do not have a world class game winner up their sleeves as they have done previously in Piutau 15-16 and Beale 16-17! Beale single handedly decided to tear us apart at home last year I recall!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 15:26
Yes, and we were kind enough to repeatedly kick the ball straight to Beale time and time again...couldn't have been more accommodating in fact (or is this the wrong thread?)

Wightwasp
Wightwasp (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 09:01
Why should wasps be missing cipriani
When I go and watch a game I want both sides to be at full strength as I enjoy watching the best players from both teams
Bizarre!!

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 10:02
We're so inconsistent, even throughout a half that i couldn't predict. I guess that's the fun of sport!
It's easy to go with home form. Sale can be very good at home. Wasps have been very hit and miss and Worcester have shown some good signs lately.
Thing is, with the players we've got, if they play to their potential i'd say we're favourites for all 3. I doubt that will happen though. Still, hopeful before the event!

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net