rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Injury Updates 5th Dec
05 December, 2017 19:00
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk] Chronic Updates

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

Re: Injury Updates 5th Dec
05 December, 2017 20:11
Unfortunately looks like we will again be without our first and second choice open sides.

by
by (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 20:40
No underhill, no Louw and no Ewels.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 20:55
Quote:
Gussieboy
Unfortunately looks like we will again be without our first and second choice open sides.

...and 3rd if you count Ellis. Anyone know how Guy Mercer is getting on at Ospreys?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 21:28
Well... There's not really a lot good that could be coming of him being with the ospreys.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 21:56
BoB said Mercer was too light weight and got brushed off by the big boys from Exeter...

.......Oh no, wait a minute!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

05 December, 2017 23:16
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Gussieboy

...and 3rd if you count Ellis. Anyone know how Guy Mercer is getting on at Ospreys?

Played for the first time coming on as sub for Lydiate in their close defeat to Munster at home for the second half in Sept then has been fairly regular during the AI's but Ospreys have had some really poor form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 23:47 by shipwrecked.

D s & t dad
D s & t dad (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 06:13
Not sure we will ever see Dave Atwood in a Bath shirt again, a friend/ neighbor of his told me that his injury will take the whole season to heal, he also informed me that Atwood is looking for a move to France next season for a last lucrative contract, hope this is not true but sad if it is.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 06:52
This does cause a real problem for us as the other back rowers donít seem to have the necessary foraging skills needed to secure the ball. Without those options I am far less optimistic against Toulon. Going forward it will remain an issue. Louw cannot go on for ever dashing to & fro picking up injuries in SA & Underhillís method of leading with his head doesnít bode well especially as he will be an England regular. Ellis has some of those skills but heís not fit. What is the solution now & going forward?

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 07:31
Solution probably Grant at 7 this week Underhill next week and Ellis is due back January. The level of water in the glass is exactly in the middle. Quit moaning and deal with what we have got to play with.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 08:34
Quote:
TG Kesmo
Solution probably Grant at 7 this week Underhill next week and Ellis is due back January. The level of water in the glass is exactly in the middle. Quit moaning and deal with what we have got to play with.

To be fair this is a post about who is injured - expect to see chat about players with injuries. Besides which, doesn't COML stand for 'Chatroom of Moaning Locals?'

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 09:25
Quote:
Bath Hammer
This does cause a real problem for us as the other back rowers donít seem to have the necessary foraging skills needed to secure the ball. Without those options I am far less optimistic against Toulon. Going forward it will remain an issue. Louw cannot go on for ever dashing to & fro picking up injuries in SA & Underhillís method of leading with his head doesnít bode well especially as he will be an England regular. Ellis has some of those skills but heís not fit. What is the solution now & going forward?

We seem to have managed OK without Attwood for quite a while now.

dragonfly
dragonfly (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 11:03
Quote:
Boldangrey
Quote:
Bath Hammer

We seem to have managed OK without Attwood for quite a while now.

Yes, we have managed without him but we've sorely missed a fit Atters in several games where we've looked under-powered in the scrum.

A couple of seasons in France, however lucrative, won't do the long term fitness of his knee any good either

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 11:17
Quote:
TG Kesmo

I'd be tempted to say Faletau at 7 when on defence and Grant at 8. When in attack move Grant to 7 and Faletau to 8. Taulupe very quick off the side of the scrum and a decent forager himself in D and then use his skills going forward?

Think it is an idea to give Z Mercer a game off the bench as he has had a long run starting now and am aware he is only young still and don't want to over do it!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 11:39
The cumulative effect of not having Attwood for so long is hard to underestimate but if true about his injury outlook I feel sorry for him, not us.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 11:39
Need to leave TF where he is - not sure why you would want to move one of the worlds best 8s to 7 as it is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Put Bayliss at 7 if Zach needs a rest. Grant on the bench.

Susanne
Susanne (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 11:43
Quote:
Big Dog
I'd be tempted to say Faletau at 7 when on defence and Grant at 8. When in attack move Grant to 7 and Faletau to 8.

I'm liking the sound of that!

http://i63.tinypic.com/34hhulf.jpg
Proud to adopt one of our stars of the future

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

06 December, 2017 13:06
Quote:
B4thB4ck
The cumulative effect of not having Attwood for so long is hard to underestimate but if true about his injury outlook I feel sorry for him, not us.
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=267

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 06:29
The chronicle failed to mention Roko needing shoulder surgery! Reported in The Sun this morning. 2 month out apparently! I'll believe when I see today's team sheet.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 07:36
Quote:
BathSalmon
The chronicle failed to mention Roko needing shoulder surgery! Reported in The Sun this morning. 2 month out apparently! I'll believe when I see today's team sheet.

I saw this too and agree itís a glaring omission if true, unless it happened in training yesterday...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 07:48 by JimDaff.

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 07:52
He did disappear pretty quickly from the field at Sandy Park.

I thought he was unbreakable!

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 08:03
Surely "shoulder surgery" is code for ordering a replacement T-800 part from Cyberdyne Systems?

MESSAGES->author

08 December, 2017 09:04
Quote:
BathSalmon
Surely "shoulder surgery" is code for ordering a replacement T-800 part from Cyberdyne Systems?

Brilliant

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 09:07
Roko is on social media bowling a tennis ball at Charteris yesterday. So his shoulders are currently working...

But I guess he might be booked in for an operation, although seems an odd time to do it... when we're about to play our back to back with the double European champions.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 09:33
Dan Evans now saying Roko is 'out for a while'. Darn.

I'd be tempted to shift Watson to wing and play Burns at full back tomorrow. An injury to our star man and we're suddenly looking short on pace and firepower out wide.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 10:42
Terrible news. Hope the surgery goes well and he's back with us as soon as he is ready. I can't recall him ever being out injured before?

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 11:11
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANYONE BUT ROKO!

This is legitimately as big a loss as we could imagine heading into 2 matches against Toulon whom have a back three of Ashton, Tuisova and their new league convert who is an absolute mutant, Semi Radradra!

I was rather hoping Roko could make use of Radradra's inexperience in union and score a few wonder tries.. Got to shift one of Brew or Watson presumably to the right wing. Banners is fit is he not so could still keep AW at fullback?

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 14:40
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Dan Evans now saying Roko is 'out for a while'. Darn.
I'd be tempted to shift Watson to wing and play Burns at full back tomorrow. An injury to our star man and we're suddenly looking short on pace and firepower out wide.

how long is Homer out?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 14:45
Quote:
Big Dog
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANYONE BUT ROKO!
This is legitimately as big a loss as we could imagine heading into 2 matches against Toulon whom have a back three of Ashton, Tuisova and their new league convert who is an absolute mutant, Semi Radradra!

I was rather hoping Roko could make use of Radradra's inexperience in union and score a few wonder tries.. Got to shift one of Brew or Watson presumably to the right wing. Banners is fit is he not so could still keep AW at fullback?

Semi Radradra only has a year with Toulon, maybe he fancies a stint in a world heritage city!

[www.stuff.co.nz]

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 16:41
Unfortunately I think he already has a contract agreement with the Eels once his contract with toulon expires. Would love to see him running out in the Bath jersey though... maybe he could be persuaded...

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 19:45
The Exeter game continues to have ramifications. Now with our one and only effective strike weapon out, this is going to make or break our season. I didn't see Roko leave the field, just noticed he wasn't there.

Well the other Farleigh Hotel Residents will have to step up, and Banners now has every opportunity to show his worth and value to the side.

How long before Homer and Clark are available again? As already mentioned, I would play Watson on the wing and play Homer at 15.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

08 December, 2017 21:01
Not sure Banners needs to do any more to show his worth to the side...

Clark and Homer out for a few months.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

09 December, 2017 19:13
Add Faletau out for a while...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net