rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

by
by (IP Logged)

Exeter's attack analysis
16 December, 2017 08:27
I know its not Bath related but considering how often Exeter is mentioned around here, I think you'll find this video analysis of Exeter's attack very interesting.

youtube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2017 08:27 by by.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Re: Exeter's attack analysis
16 December, 2017 16:39
Can you begin to imagine what the fans on here would be saying if wed given up a 17-3 lead to lose 17-22 and be knocked out of Europe?

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 17:56
Probably something about not punching enough people

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 19:54
Quote:
Toast and Marmite
Probably something about not punching enough people

Made I Larf

al Mossah
al Mossah (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 19:57
I thought Exeter were unlucky. Lots of decisions went against them. A yellow card instead of red and a blatant forward pass for one of their tries to name but two. Great game, and they will have earned a lot of respect for that turnaround.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 20:05
Not sure using the ref as an excuse would wash on this board TBH, much is said about Exeter having a squad of players just outside international duty giving them a consistent side. However, fact is you need your class internationals for those touches of magic, like Watson and Louw today.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

16 December, 2017 21:14
Exeter got away with loads in the first half. Yes Healy should have had red, but so should the Tank (?) for flying into a ruck head first. Exeter got away with numerous high tackles, diving off their feet at rucks (as they always do), and were offside on numerous occasions.

Happy to see the put back in their box for a while.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

17 December, 2017 19:35
They have one hell of a plan A
...but not much of a plan B

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 10:47
I have to say I thought Leinster and Exeter were very evenly matched tbh. Exeter do what they do very well. Unfortunately Leinster do what they do that little bit better - particularly with all of their A* international players in the team. They can call upon one hell of a pack for example when all fit and healthy and Exeters pack as a result looked a little neutered compared to usual when put against an equally strong and rugged pack.

Leinster also chose their moments very well when it came to attacking Exeter's rucks. The refs in France are certainly more lenient when it comes to making a clear release as the tackler when going to jackle and this worked well for Leinster whilst the Exe lads clearly were still more used to being guided by the refs in this area of the game as they get in the AP.

The only one who cottoned on quickly is Luke Cowan-Dickie who I thought was absolutely sublime and has to be put straight back into England's camps. He, George and Dunn are certainly the future of England's hooker stocks and that's discounting someone like Tommy Taylor who is out injured but also very good.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net