rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

22Dropout
22Dropout (IP Logged)

Clock and screen
17 December, 2017 14:21
The Rec was bouncing yesterday. One of the best atmospheres I can remember for a very long time. One negative was the fact that there was not one match clock running anywhere around the ground. Itís only when itís not there that you realise how essential it is, and Iíve no idea how the players managed to know how long was left, never mind us poor spectators! Also the screen was a shambles too - and the announcer blaming it on cold wea5her was a joke! Poor show on both counts from the club, but not from the team! Absolutely cracking result!!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Clock and screen
17 December, 2017 14:39
There was a clock on the corner of the east stand near the sports centre. It was a Tissot one, opposite the cameras I guess?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2017 14:53 by BathMatt53.

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

17 December, 2017 14:42
There were clocks at each end of the pitch-side hoardings of the East stand. From roughly behind the posts in the Terrace though, neither were legible.

I can never understand a word from the announcer.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

17 December, 2017 15:48
Clock at corner East stand clubhouse end was working.
Canít stand the Pavlovian announcer exhortations. Counter productive to genuine crowd atmos in my view.

FLAP

MESSAGES->author
liquidmonkey (IP Logged)

17 December, 2017 21:07
Clocks were working fine just not in the regular positions for Euro matches.

The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.
Horatio Nelson

Adopted players:
2018-19 Tom Homer
2017-18 Freddie Burns
2016-17 Nick Auterac
2015-16 Guy Mercer
2014-15 Juan Pablo Orlandi

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 08:21
Hopefully they can get some of Dysons engineers to sort the screen out and while they are at it if they could raise it 10 feet, so the bottom left corner is visible that would be great.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 08:25
Quote:
liquidmonkey
Clocks were working fine just not in the regular positions for Euro matches.

They may have been but they are not visible from the middle of the terraces so are of no use what so ever

Kayjay
Kayjay (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 08:57
I emailed the club last season to say nobody beside me in the terrace could tell what the tannoy was announcing....they replied they would turn the volume up. The volume isnít the problem, we still canít figure out whatís being said this year.
Amusingly the Rec really was a Wreck this weekend, no clock visible from our area, no big screen and no idea what was being announced.....but the highlight for us was Bastareaud dashing to remove that fire blasting stuff from the pitch as the match was about to start.....it was just left there!!
Maybe Santa can give us a screen, a clock and a tannoy that works!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/12/2017 08:59 by Kayjay.

bathwickboy
bathwickboy (IP Logged)

18 December, 2017 10:13
I know what I would do with the announcer's microphone but I am too much of a gentleman to say!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net