rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

malco
malco (IP Logged)

Big problem for Gloucester
19 December, 2017 08:59
Word on the grapevine is that Johan and Ruan Ackermann and are being investigated by the Police after being implicated in the assault of a young man at a nightclub in Cheltenham at the weekend.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

Re: Big problem for Gloucester
19 December, 2017 09:08
Surely one of them is to old to be in nightclubs?

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 09:15

Olly_L
BathLad (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 09:37
As with most circumstances like this I highly doubt it was unprovoked considering how quickly it was published on social media by someone with 24k followers and probably gaining more by the minute with this.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 09:48
By grapevine do you mean the Daily Mail who ran a story on this last night?

malco
malco (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:10
Quote:
ballsout
No, I mean the South African rugby journalist who told me about it in a Skype chat yesterday afternoon. Sad that you still have absolutely nothing of any constructive value or interest to contribute and that you spend your miserable days scouring forums on the Internet to find opportunities to be rude to people. I cannot comprehend how sad and inadequate your pathetic excuse for an existence must be for this to be the only way you can find any sense of achievement or satisfaction. Pitiful.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:20
re. title ........................... and?
Are we bovvered? I don't think so!

Not like you to repeat tittle tattle, Malco! Esp not when it comes from a facebook troll.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Olly_L
BathLad (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:33
Why boast by the people you've heard it by? Surely if you found out yesterday afternoon you'd have posted it and beaten the Mail to it? Not exactly breaking news when you are beaten by 12 hours. Rarely seen malco actually break anything significant that hasn't been posted for a considerable period of time, can only put this touchiness down to his insecurity at being caught out for copying a DM story and claiming it's his.

malco
malco (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:36
Quote:
annie blackthorn
re. title ........................... and?
Are we bovvered? I don't think so!

Not like you to repeat tittle tattle, Malco! Esp not when it comes from a facebook troll.

The journalist dropped me a line to ask what the sanction would be if it was true Annie, I hadn't realised it was in the papers. It is news in South Africa.

I grew up in apartheid era South Africa. Things are done differently there. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it in the time honoured fashion, as a man. You don't go whining to the Police or the newspaper, you roll up your sleeves and settle your differences. Society there is a lot more self policing as a result. If you go to a nightclub and you are rude or disrespectful to someone, you can expect to get a hiding, or worse. As a result people there tend not to behave in that way.

If the Ackermanns have done what they are accused of then I would doubt very much that it is unprovoked, but I fear that if provoked then the response would be quite likely, because that is what they will be used to.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:37
I thought that it was interesting and rugby related personally - don't really care where it came from originally?

Story developing into it being some special needs (autistic) bloke now who was allegedly hit, think that I will reserve judgement until something official develops...

malco
malco (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:42
Quote:
BathLad
Why boast by the people you've heard it by? Surely if you found out yesterday afternoon you'd have posted it and beaten the Mail to it? Not exactly breaking news when you are beaten by 12 hours. Rarely seen malco actually break anything significant that hasn't been posted for a considerable period of time, can only put this touchiness down to his insecurity at being caught out for copying a DM story and claiming it's his.

I'm not boasting.

I don't read the Daily Mail.

I'm not claiming it is mine.

I had heard the story and thought people would be interested it.

I should have known better.

Posting stuff on this website for the benefit of others that has not been posted is, I had thought, the whole point of it. It isn't for my benefit. I didn't bother for a long time because the same old people end up abusing me for it. I realised before that this is their website. A place dominated by a small minority of gobby @#$%& like Ballsout who know nothing and resent anybody who isn't just like them. Nothing of any value to read here or participate in. Just somewhere to be talk@#$%&and be rude to people.

I can't be bothered.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:44
Quote:
malco
Quote:
ballsout
No, I mean the South African rugby journalist who told me about it in a Skype chat yesterday afternoon. Sad that you still have absolutely nothing of any constructive value or interest to contribute and that you spend your miserable days scouring forums on the Internet to find opportunities to be rude to people. I cannot comprehend how sad and inadequate your pathetic excuse for an existence must be for this to be the only way you can find any sense of achievement or satisfaction. Pitiful.

Woah, bit of an over-reaction to being accused of being a Daily Mail reader.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:47
Ballsout got a bite, hazaah. /slow clap.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:50
"Things are done differently there. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it in the time honoured fashion, as a man."

By which you mean repeatedly smashing someone in the face causing bruising and internal bleeding

Nothing like intelligent, mature, modern day justice for you - still, try watching the Handmaids Tale to find out how to do 'time honoured fashion' stuff really well

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:52
If this was our club involved then Shedweb would be all over this poking insults at Bruce and the coaches whether true or not. Hope we can show them how to behave.

Thanks Malco, I don't read the Mail so wouldn't have seen the story otherwise.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 10:54
Quote:
malco
Quote:
ballsout

Yep, you heard it yesterday afternoon, but waited until the following morning to post it. Given the made up bull you've spouted on here in the past, no need to act all high and mighty about it.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:00
Quote:
ballsout
Yep, you heard it yesterday afternoon, but waited until the following morning to post it. Given the made up bull you've spouted on here in the past, no need to act all high and mighty about it.

Lol, he was absolutely fine until you started poking him with a sharp stick!

I do think that, however things were dealt with 20 / 30 years ago in South Africa, a 47 year old man of significant standing would (or should) know better than to get into a fracas of any sort in a public place, if indeed that is what happened as the media has suggested.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:03
Don't think it really matters how things are dealt with in SA, if they can't conform to the UK way of life then they should go home.

Obviously at present though they are both innocent until proven guilty. This could just be a piece of fake news.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:22
Don't think it really matters how things are dealt with in SA because SA is hardly a model society.

I'd say people giving a hiding there (presumably the bigger, bullying types) rather than using the justice system says a hell of a lot, but little in Malco's favour.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:31
Is there some reward I am unaware of for poking Malco with a pointy stick at every available opportunity ? It is an interesting(ish) rugby related story but half the replies here seem to be attacking the messenger for delivering the message.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:33
I think that when a drunk person has a fight with a professional rugby player, they should expect to get bruised, not impressed with the sister's tats

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:35
Quote:
woodpecker
I think that when a drunk person has a fight with a professional rugby player, they should expect to get bruised, not impressed with the sister's tats

Woopecker, see my comment of 10:37am above. I think that we need to see how it pans out as we have no idea if either of them were drunk.

malco
malco (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:37
Quote:
DanWiley
Don't think it really matters how things are dealt with in SA because SA is hardly a model society.
I'd say people giving a hiding there (presumably the bigger, bullying types) rather than using the justice system says a hell of a lot, but little in Malco's favour.

What do you mean "in my favour"? I'm not the one who has beaten somebody up, I'm just telling you, as someone who is 18 months older than Johan Ackermann and who lived there for six years, what attitudes exist in South Africa that might explain his behaviour. Imagine what it was like to go to that place as a 15 year old from rural Somerset. I met a lot of "bigger, bullying types" who resented the fact that I was an English kid, very much, I can assure you.

I don't come to this website very often any more. I only started posting again a few days ago because some people had asked me to and, in fact, I've just had my seventh major operation on my right leg in ten years and I'm bored and frustrated and looking for things to do. I logged on this morning, didn't know this story had made the newspapers here, saw that it hadn't been covered here, and thought some people might find it interesting or amusing, in the same sort of way that Gloucester supporters would be quick to if it had been a Bath player and coach implicated.

I didn't ask for scorn or abuse. I stopped posting here before because I couldn't be bothered with it. I'm sorry I bothered with it again now. I'll just leave you, Ballsout and the other little band of regular malcontents to talk@#$%&and insult each other. I have more important things to worry about.

noidea
noidea (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:38
Quote:
gaz59
"Things are done differently there. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it in the time honoured fashion, as a man."
By which you mean repeatedly smashing someone in the face causing bruising and internal bleeding

Nothing like intelligent, mature, modern day justice for you - still, try watching the Handmaids Tale to find out how to do 'time honoured fashion' stuff really well

Well I'm a 47 yr old South African & I can tell you where I came from the real men were the ones who were able to turn the other cheek.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:38
Merry Christmas, everyone

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:46
I just realised: malco could well be short for malcontent.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:47
Quote:
jayeatman

Unnecessary.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:50
To me condoning, appeasing and even advocating a system where the strong give the weak a good hiding rather than use the law is to ask for for a little scorn. It's certainly seems fair enough to say "actually I don't think that is acceptable".

I don't see anyone who has particularly abused you.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 11:51
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
woodpecker

Woopecker, see my comment of 10:37am above. I think that we need to see how it pans out as we have no idea if either of them were drunk.

Fair point, but what about the tats?

malco
malco (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:30
Quote:
DanWiley
To me condoning, appeasing and even advocating a system where the strong give the weak a good hiding rather than use the law is to ask for for a little scorn. It's certainly seems fair enough to say "actually I don't think that is acceptable".
I don't see anyone who has particularly abused you.

Show me where I have done that.

I went to a school in South Africa which was steeped in apartheid and as a 15 year old from rural Somerset who knew it was wrong and wouldn't be involved in it I was marginalised and subjected to levels of bullying that you would never believe to be true. Not just from pupils but also from teachers. I have lived with the result of that for my entire adult life. I am not condoning it, I am telling you that it exists. It is a brutal country without the values and systems that we have in this country.

The Ackermanns have spent their entire lives there, in one of the most brutal regions of one of the most brutal countries on the planet. They have just left there for the first time and moved to Gloucester. Bringing their experiences and attitudes with them. I don't know what happened at the weekend, but supposing a bodybuilder got aggressive with either or both of them, do you think they are likely to deal with it in the way that they will always have dealt with it, or do you think that they would stop and call someone to ask them what might be the most appropriate way of dealing with it in a nightclub in Cheltenham first. Am I getting through to you or is it just the case that you prefer not to understand just so that you can try to justify being rude to me?

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:40
I don't understand why someone is being harassed on here for providing news, regardless of whether it is old news or not.

As my Mum used to say to my sister and me, pack it in or I will bang your heads together (she never did).

On a lighter note, over on Shedweb someone has asked a good question, what was the son thinking of, going to a nightclub with his Dad?!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:40
Quote:
jayeatman

Lol

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:43
"I'm just telling you, as someone who is 18 months older than Johan Ackermann and who lived there for six years, what attitudes exist in South Africa that might explain his behaviour"

Seems pretty clear, you try to explain their behaviour without condemning it. Further you say:

"I grew up in apartheid era South Africa. Things are done differently there. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it in the time honoured fashion, as a man. You don't go whining to the Police or the newspaper, you roll up your sleeves and settle your differences. Society there is a lot more self policing as a result. If you go to a nightclub and you are rude or disrespectful to someone, you can expect to get a hiding, or worse."

Phrases like "Time honoured fashion" and "as a man" read to me like you are supporting the behaviour. Conversely "whining to the Police" is a pretty pejorative take on what actions they should have taken, if any were required, particularly when you go on to say:

"As a result people there tend not to behave in that way."

Which again, seems to be supportive of the "get a hiding" approach.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:44
Quote:
Beergoggles
Is there some reward I am unaware of for poking Malco with a pointy stick at every available opportunity ? It is an interesting(ish) rugby related story but half the replies here seem to be attacking the messenger for delivering the message.

Probably something to do with the horrible, abusive way he ran this site years ago, his self obsession and his ability to shall we say, bend the truth, often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 12:45 by ballsout.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:44
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
woodpecker

The sister broke the story yesterday on Instagram. She has 24k followers because of her tweets or are they tats?

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:47
Quote:
malco

Things are done differently there. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it in the time honoured fashion, as a man. You don't go whining to the Police or the newspaper, you roll up your sleeves and settle your differences. Society there is a lot more self policing as a result. If you go to a nightclub and you are rude or disrespectful to someone, you can expect to get a hiding, or worse. As a result people there tend not to behave in that way.

This 'sounds' to me like you are condoning, nay praising the SA social system.

Quote:
malco

If the Ackermanns have done what they are accused of then I would doubt very much that it is unprovoked, but I fear that if provoked then the response would be quite likely, because that is what they will be used to.

Certainly agree with you there. This yobbo almost certainly provoked it and if he did I'd go so far as saying he deserved it. Doesn't mean the Ackermanns shouldn't have known better though.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:47
Malco has shared some news with this site - good on him.

If he is 'sensitive", perhaps it is because he is attacked each time he posts.
His views are his own and I neither support nor promote them, but when he posts an item of news -even if it not exclusive, he does not deserve abuse for that simple act.

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:54
I think we all should be careful about assuming provocation or not. I understand that this is now being investigated by the police so perhaps we should all calm down and await their deliberations.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:56
Well, it will all come out in the wash (not the tattoos obviously) and we will know if they are just unfounded allegations, totally fake or true. I'm sure the police will get to it eventually - quicker than the Ben Stokes scuffle?

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 12:59
I personally have no problem with Malco giving us the news (no one else had posted it even though it had been in the Mail). I have no problem with his views on how men sort stuff out in SA (although I don't support or condone it) - it his view and he is welcome as far as I am concerned to argue it on here. What I take exception to his rant 6 messages in. Not necessary (even if BO was poking you) all you do is wind people up and then get offended because they rant back at you.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 13:25
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
woodpecker

The sister broke the story yesterday on Instagram. She has 24k followers because of her tweets or are they tats?

Her lips look a bit suspect too

personally I like to hear Malco's stories about when he was in SA

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:11
Quote:
P G Tips
His views are his own and I neither support nor promote them, but when he posts an item of news -even if it not exclusive, he does not deserve abuse for that simple act.

PG
Well said
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=267

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Woodster
Woodster (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:15
Quote:
P G Tips

PG

Agreed, I like reading what Malco posts.

22Dropout
22Dropout (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:18
Quote:
P G Tips

PG

Well said

+1. Leave the guy alone. He (and indeed anyone) should be able to post on here w/out being subject to this type of instant abuse. I'm sorry he left, and miss his input, but I wouldn't blame him if he disappeared again!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:26
Quote:
P G Tips

PG

Absolutely

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:28
Where is this abuse?

Those closest thing I can find is a small amount of mild ribbing from a known WUM and:

"I just realised: malco could well be short for malcontent."

Of course, if you include:

"I cannot comprehend how sad and inadequate your pathetic excuse for an existence must be for this to be the only way you can find any sense of achievement or satisfaction. Pitiful."

"gobby @#$%& like Ballsout"

" band of regular malcontents to talk@#$%&and insult each other"

Then I might agree there is some abuse on this thread.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:38
I agree 22Dropout with you and PG Tips.

The point about the site is we all have differing views and they should be respected. I have great sympathy for Malco as I am often ridiculed and insulted myself by regulars on this site.

I like reading what Malco has to say, and his views on things, plus his obvious 'inside knowledge' which frankly I don't have access to. I sincerely hope he does and continues to contribute.

Certainly not being a Daily Muck reader, or have anything to do with Twitter, Instagrams (whatever they are) or other social media (mainly tittle tattle), I would never have known anything about this story, which I take with a pinch of salt anyway. I would bet the two A's were provoked and probably outnumbered, as I cannot see a professional sportsman getting involved otherwise.

Please keep up the good work Malco.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 14:55
I am grateful to Malco for bringing this to our site. I do not read the DM nor have I seen anything about this on the BBC.
Hey Malco keep up the good work!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 15:16
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
woodpecker

Her lips look a bit suspect too

personally I like to hear Malco's stories about when he was in SA

Bit like Hotlips in Mash! Mind you I bet her followers have increased recently!

The story was on Newsnow early this morning with 3 links, The Daily Mail, Rugby365 and Planet Rugby apart from social media. We have a link to Newsnow in the links section.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 15:44
Glaws themselves are confident neither Akermann has done anything wrong: [www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk]

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 15:45
Quote:
Rawce
Glaws themselves are confident neither Akermann has done anything wrong: [www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk]

Fair enough, nothing to see here - move along.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:12
So this thread is up to 50 posts and we know very little about the incident or how it might affect Gloucester.

Not at all sure about deducing members political stance from a few lines, but I would like to point out African politics is a complete jumble as far as I can see. Is the present situation in SA more equal for all? Is Mugabe's internal successor any better ? My advice would stay clear unless you are an expert!

The incident itself, probably actual bodily harm, unless there are internal injuries, skin not broken, grazes don't count. Suspect it probably wasn't the only one last weekend.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye. Rugby coaches don't just go out looking for a fight.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:51
Statement from Glos Rugby:
Quote:
"Gloucester Rugby takes any allegations extremely seriously and we have conducted a full investigation in to this matter.
"Having spoken to Johan, Ruan, the club where the alleged incident took place, the police and other independent witnesses as well as viewing subsequent CCTV footage, I am completely satisfied that whilst an incident did take place, it was instigated by others and not by Johan and Ruan as has been incorrectly reported.

"Both Johan and Ruan have been upset and disappointed by the allegations, but do appreciate the support from Gloucester Rugby fans, players, colleagues, friends and family."
And with that statement, the original accusations have (apparently) been deleted from Twitter / Instagram; whilst the "victim" is (apparently) still bigging it up about how he could have taken either of them on their own.

Still, an aspiring model got her picture in the national press; and an aspiring personal trainer got pics of his abs in the national press; and I'm told that both have more than doubled their number of followers on twitter / instagram etc.

RAEBURN SHIELD

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:57
A bit of Christmas cheer would be in order.

Some of the vituperative retorts about a non Bath subject are astonishing. Chill out, we should be in a chipper mood after the w/e.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:01
A nothing story, or fake news as Mr Trump would say! I would rather believe the Ackermanns than some body builder and tattooed sister.

I wonder if the Daily Wail will print an apology or at least a story correction? Think pigs might fly first but in the meantime they can go around spreading malicious accusations with impunity. Great journalism- not! Why do people buy such papers?

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:21
I've just discoveted the word "broflake".

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 17:25 by joethefanatic.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:23
What was this thread about? I forgot

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:25
Is that cornflake's brother? Come on Joe context and explanation please!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:26
I've just discoveted the word 'discoveted'.

MESSAGES->author

19 December, 2017 17:31
Quote:
shipwrecked

Apparently related to the "snowflake", SW. The context is this email thread.

Broflake - a commonly seen stereotype of the quintessentially conservative, heterosexual, white male, who despite all his privileges and advantages in life, is easily sensitive to any criticism or mockery. Unable to see outside of his own perspective, and takes everything personally, even when it's not about him specifically. Fragile like a snowflake, but with the mentality of a "bro." Usually denies or ignores reality and the very real struggles of other genders, races, sexual identities, etc. Represents those afflicted with the "fragile male ego" and is the opposite of "woke."

Although, I don't know what "woke" is.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

MESSAGES->author

19 December, 2017 17:32
Quote:
BathMatt53
I've just discoveted the word 'discoveted'.

smiling smiley

What you feel when you get a disappointing Xmas present?

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:34
Quote:
joethefanatic
Quote:
shipwrecked

Apparently related to the "snowflake", SW. The context is this email thread.

Broflake - a commonly seen stereotype of the quintessentially conservative, heterosexual, white male, who despite all his privileges and advantages in life, is easily sensitive to any criticism or mockery. Unable to see outside of his own perspective, and takes everything personally, even when it's not about him specifically. Fragile like a snowflake, but with the mentality of a "bro." Usually denies or ignores reality and the very real struggles of other genders, races, sexual identities, etc. Represents those afflicted with the "fragile male ego" and is the opposite of "woke."

Although, I don't know what "woke" is.

That was aimed at me wasn't it? It WAS wasn't it? I knew it!

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 19:00
@alastaireykyn teet:

From what Iíve learned of the Glos incident (a fair bit) this appears to be a monumental stitch-up, involving some very unsavoury characters. Seems the Ackermanns have been put through the mill.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 19:02
Well as 'arry 'ill would put it, there is only one manly, time honoured way to settle this ........ FIGHT!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 19:17
I would guess that those 'unsavoury characters' will be in correspondence with lawyers for Glos Rugby club fairly soon then.

wombles222
wombles222 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 20:08
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Rawce

Fair enough, nothing to see here - move along.

Personally (and of course I could be totally wrong) It does not read like that to me at all. What it reads is that they were involved in an altercation, the club is confident they were not the perpetrators and that the club stands by them.

It is specific whilst being deliberately vague. Something happened and someone was injured as a result, that is all we know. The police correctly will be the sole decision makers on what has occurred. However as is well known it takes two to tango!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 20:25
When I mean that there is nothing too see I just mean that its not a very exciting situation IMO. Like you say, the Police will get to the truth and deal as they see fit I guess...anyway, back to Bath Rugby!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 21:06
Realistically if you get in a fight with 2 South African ex rugby players you have to be prepared for some serious bumps. If your'e not you walk away!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 06:54
Quote:
malco
Quote:
DanWiley

What do you mean "in my favour"? I'm not the one who has beaten somebody up, I'm just telling you, as someone who is 18 months older than Johan Ackermann and who lived there for six years, what attitudes exist in South Africa that might explain his behaviour. Imagine what it was like to go to that place as a 15 year old from rural Somerset. I met a lot of "bigger, bullying types" who resented the fact that I was an English kid, very much, I can assure you.

I don't come to this website very often any more. I only started posting again a few days ago because some people had asked me to and, in fact, I've just had my seventh major operation on my right leg in ten years and I'm bored and frustrated and looking for things to do. I logged on this morning, didn't know this story had made the newspapers here, saw that it hadn't been covered here, and thought some people might find it interesting or amusing, in the same sort of way that Gloucester supporters would be quick to if it had been a Bath player and coach implicated.

I didn't ask for scorn or abuse. I stopped posting here before because I couldn't be bothered with it. I'm sorry I bothered with it again now. I'll just leave you, Ballsout and the other little band of regular malcontents to talk@#$%&and insult each other. I have more important things to worry about.

For heavens sake donít be so sensitive Malco. I for one found this of interest as Iím sure others did. You should by now have learned to rise above this stupid abuse rather than to descend to their level. Your comment suggesting that South Africans of a certain age are accustomed to taking the law into their own hands did sound a bit like an excuse though it evidently wasnít intended. You are very welcome on this board which is not just run by the few individuals you describe so do continue to contribute. On a related issue I do find the apparent closeness between fathers who are coaches & their sons who play for the same club rather odd. Firstly there was George throwing all his toys out of his prom when his Dad was sacked & then the suggestion that Mallinder will do the same. To top it all we find Ackerman junior following his daddy to the same club in the UK to play for him & then going out clubbing with him. I canít imagine my son or any other youngster doing that. Whatever happened it doesnít indicate that having your Dad around provides a calming influence (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:05
The match thread post where we have beaten the 3 times European Champions and one of the best nights at the Rec in years 96 posts. A post about one of our local rivals coaches and players involved in an incident and then some squabbling gets 69 posts! Almost feel like no ones happy on COML when Bath win, they just like to have an argument and have a dig at the club, players and forum members!

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

nigewing
nigewing (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:41
As an ex resident of Cheltenham I can confirm that the ď21 ClubĒ is a grotty basement drinking den just about big enough for 21 people!!!

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:44
"Almost feel like no ones happy on COML when Bath win, they just like to have an argument and have a dig at the club, players and forum members!"

Sounds about right to me!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:00
Not true, its just the few angry / moaning ones make more noise than the hundreds on the site who are thrilled.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:07
In relation to poster's sensitivity I agree with BH's post in part in that most rugby supporters have played the game at various levels and as such can look after themselves.

However, why should we have to be sensitive? Shouldn't comments on here be civil and objective. I do get the impression some posts are thrown up reactively simply in response to a previous argument or poster and often at a tangent with minimal relevance to the thread.

Isn't verbal lashing out just as wrong as the physical version?

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:32
Shipwrecked, whose comments on here haven't been civil and objective?

"Isn't verbal lashing out just as wrong as the physical version?"

I think both are wrong, but physically beating someone is worse than verbally lashing out.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:35
I'd also say that there's less to say when things are going well. Once you've said "congrats" to the players that probably don't read very much into such sites, what more is there to say? Of what there is left to say, how much of its differs from person to person. What does more than a small number of posts add?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:47
Quote:
DanWiley
I'd also say that there's less to say when things are going well. Once you've said "congrats" to the players that probably don't read very much into such sites, what more is there to say? Of what there is left to say, how much of its differs from person to person. What does more than a small number of posts add?

Quite right! We canít carry on for ever rejoicing & saying well done. This was an entirely different topic which I thought was of some interest. I agree all this sniping & bearing of old grudges is pathetic & unnecessary. If personally directed I try not to take offence, skim past them & get to the next more considered post. I also entirely avoid certain posts as they are of no interest. If others find this topic inappropriate why not do the same?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2017 09:49 by Bath Hammer.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:53
So basically then BO and Malco need a night out together bonding at the 21 Club in Cheltenham.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:03
Quote:
BathMatt53
Not true, its just the few angry / moaning ones make more noise than the hundreds on the site who are thrilled.

I think this is an illustration of the 80/20 rule or the Pareto Principle to give it its proper title. 20% of the coml participants will contribute 80% of the posts whilst the other 80% of participants will post occasionally or "lurk" on the site taking in the news and views...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:10
Quote:
DanWiley
Shipwrecked, whose comments on here haven't been civil and objective?
"Isn't verbal lashing out just as wrong as the physical version?"

I think both are wrong, but physically beating someone is worse than verbally lashing out.

Dan, some of the early posts in this thread on both sides were unnecessary and just seemed provocative, in relation to the other point, I wasn't saying which was worse simply they were both wrong.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:25
Really? BO's:

"By grapevine do you mean the Daily Mail who ran a story on this last night?"

Was moderately uncalled for, but let's be honest, its fairly mild for BO's standards.

The response:

"I cannot comprehend how sad and inadequate your pathetic excuse for an existence must be for this to be the only way you can find any sense of achievement or satisfaction. Pitiful."

Yet it became about Malco and how he was being abused.

For my own part I can't see anything I've posted that wasn't civil. Though I can accept many people didn't really care, I don't think people should be allowed to apparently advocate "might is right" society unchecked.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:52
FFS guys, it's Christmas!
Haven't you lot got families to argue with?

RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2017 11:30 by Which Tyler.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 11:00
Not yet, I'm still at work.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 14:04
I live in Cheltenham, although in many ways itís a lovely town, thereís a high probability of meeting Gloucester players and coaches.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 16:00
Quote:
DanWiley
Really? BO's:
"By grapevine do you mean the Daily Mail who ran a story on this last night?"

Was moderately uncalled for, but let's be honest, its fairly mild for BO's standards.

The response:

Yet it became about Malco and how he was being abused.

(Sm152)

Malco often throws out vile abuse like the ablve whenever he feels evern mildly slighted. It's a bit weird.

Also, for someone who often revels in (out of place) machismo, he's quite a thin skinned sensitive soul.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 17:34
Time to close this thread I think? If anything comes of the alleged incident in Cheltenham it can be discussed separately.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 18:09
I think it will die of its own accord, or not if something interesting happens.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 18:27
Ah, itís good to get a reminder about why Iím happy not to be editing the site any more.

The old Malco makes statement, BO says something pointed critical, Malco loses the plot on the spot, BO sits back satisfied loop.

For whatever reason BO canít stop prodding, but is very careful never to do so in a way that actually breaks any conduct rules. And Malco simply cannot ignore the comments, instead convincing himself heís the recipient of the abuse while actually doling out most of it.

And you guys only see the part which isnít conducted by private message.

So it shall be for ever more.

Oh, and does anyone give a flying feck what Gloucester players/coaches get up to anyway?

Stuart

Former ed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2017 18:28 by TCM2007.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 10:29
Precisely! Well put, Stuart. (Sm108)(Sm133)(Sm120)

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net