rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Aled Brew
19 December, 2017 15:41
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk] Signs for two seasons

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Aled Brew
19 December, 2017 15:44
Awesome news. Good timing on his part to come up against (and destroy) the Toulon winger! Didn't realise Brew was that old actually (31).

Paul60
Paul60 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:00
Great news he has been fantastic lately - hope for our sake he doesnít get the call from Wales - but suppose it would be a great achievement for him.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:03
Great news. Aled and Stooke have been IMO the best signings we have made for actual performances on the field and for their being regularly available.

He fully deserves his 2 years. Well done Aled and the club.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 16:20
Excellent news - unanimously liked

by
by (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:12
Terrific news, love watching him play wearing his heart on his sleeve and with his confrontational style chasing down and bashing the opposition. I know some critics write him off as a "has been" based on his form with the Dragons but he is IMHO not only the most underrated player in the premiership but also the form winger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/12/2017 17:13 by by.

Bath-Boi
A.M 180 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:26
I can't remember a player taking a small opportunity as well as Aled has done

He deserves this for sure

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:28
Roko hasn't done too badly.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 17:52
Very good news indeed. I hope they change their minds and decide Banners is worth 2 years, too.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 18:07
Quote:
joethefanatic
Very good news indeed. I hope they change their minds and decide Banners is worth 2 years, too.

They already did that - Glos decided that he is worth 3.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 19:03
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
joethefanatic

They already did that - Glos decided that he is worth 3.

You forgot "KUATB"

smiling smiley

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 19:06
The brilliant reclaim from the first KO really set the momentum right from the start

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 20:21
It's hard to imagine how Banners could feel, running onto the pitch one day leading the team out with his family on his 250th appearance, winning a key match and on another day maybe sat down with a coffee thinking through offers from other clubs. That's professional sport I suppose.

Anyway, this thread is about Brew, great news indeed. He was inspirational v Toulon.

Knipm
Knipm (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:15
Fantastic news. Has been a very solid performer and the two Toulon performances were incredible. Also enjoying the addition of the 'Samoan sidestep' to his repertoire, just charging straight at/over/through full backs!

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 00:16
I really like his attitude and competitive edge. He always seems really committed.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 07:49
Quote:
Paul60
Great news he has been fantastic lately - hope for our sake he doesnít get the call from Wales - but suppose it would be a great achievement for him.

I was worried about this too but with only 9 or so caps he is well below the 60 cap threshold recently introduced by Wales; we can just look forward to waching him in the BB&W...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 08:18
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
Paul60

I was worried about this too but with only 9 or so caps he is well below the 60 cap threshold recently introduced by Wales; we can just look forward to waching him in the BB&W...

Wales more likely to go with younger wingers, K Giles, Steff Evans etc, I was more worried about Dragons who are gathering some really solid players recently so great to see he has re-signed.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 08:24
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
Paul60

Wales more likely to go with younger wingers, K Giles, Steff Evans etc, I was more worried about Dragons who are gathering some really solid players recently so great to see he has re-signed.

Fair point, the Dragons loss is definitely our gain...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 09:22
Iíve been impressed with Brew since he arrived, glad he is staying.

by
by (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 09:58
From the Chronicle writer on facebook:

"Spoke to Rhys in the week and he said after the first Toulon game Mourad Boudjellal made a beeline for Brew and told him how well he'd played. Brew had signed his new Bath deal a day earlier. Good job!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net