rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Injury Updates 19th Dec
19 December, 2017 18:53
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk] Latest Chronic Update

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Re: Injury Updates 19th Dec
19 December, 2017 22:00
Can I make a small plea for a synopsis of the main news which is preferable than trawling through the article. It reminds me of our late lamented friend from Bristol who constantly posted newspaper links.

Shadders
Shadders (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 22:10
Underhill still out.
Charteris and Perenise probably to be out.
JJ and Dunn to be rested

James Phillips available.
New prop - Lucas Noguera Paz (LNP...) likely to make debut

Atters has been line out training today, but still 4-5 weeks away (excellent news this though!)
Jeff Williams also training, but similar distance away from playing.

No update on Taps.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 22:53
Who will our centres be with Tapuai, Clarke and JJ out? Itís not like we want to bring Brew or Banners off the wing as we would need to have Watson covering? Unless Jeff Wilson at 15, Watson wing and Jack Wilson or Brew at 13? Same issue with no Batty or Walker but Dunn rested.

Will be an interesting team sheet thatís for sure...

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

19 December, 2017 22:55
Nathan Charles in at hooker with V Vuuren?

Banners and James Wilson in the centres perhaps? With Brew, Watson and Jack Wilson as back three?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 07:13
Quote:
BathBurger
Banners and James Wilson in the centres perhaps? With Brew, Watson and Jack Wilson as back three?

I wonder if there will come the time when we have three J.Wilsons playing for Bath???

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 07:16
This match will be a tough ask with such a depleted team. Unfortunate but unavoidable if we want to perform well in Europe.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:00
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
BathBurger

I wonder if there will come the time when we have three J.Wilsons playing for Bath???

If the rumours are true we could sign J Willison, doesn't get much closer!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:03
Quote:
Bath Hammer
This match will be a tough ask with such a depleted team. Unfortunate but unavoidable if we want to perform well in Europe.

Probably makes sense to rest players for a match we historically don't get much from.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:21
Tosh. It makes sense to rest them if they need rest. Sale games up there are always close to it I see not only winnable but would make a big difference to the table with the other matches that weekend.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:42
Indeed, only rest them IF they need a rest BUT Wasps at home is the more important and, in some respects, given their injuries, the more winnable game.

So this Saturday I'd go with Cook/Priestland at 9/10, pick a big pack and big centres, kick and chase everything and try and steal a 12-6 win.

Something like...
LPN, Charles, Thomas, Philips, Ewels, Garvey, Louw, Grant
Cook, Priestland, 12 Tapuai (if not, Wilson, James), 13 Banahan, 11 Brew, 14 Wilson (Jack), Wilson (James).
VV, Obano, Thomas, Stooke, Mercer, Kahn, Burns, Watson/Atkins.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 08:59
I think Khan and Freddie to start and you might see Priestland at 12.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:01
Is Josh Lewis injured? Surely Rhys could do with a week off if anyone can - he had a lot of big men running down his channel last weekend.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:10
Quote:
BathMatt53
Surely Rhys could do with a week off if anyone can - he had a lot of big men running down his channel last weekend.

Ooo, er missus !

Play the best team you can get on the park Bath. If we take any liberties with this competition it will come back to bite us in the behind come the end of the season.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:30
Personally I believe we should play our best side as we have gained a little momentum after the last 2 games, winning brings confidence and also gives us a better league position. I don't want us taking chances or go to Sale thinking this is a breeze. Our record there is not brilliant, and remember Newcastle and Gloucester at home? Lets go for the jugular and build on our recent form and league position.

by
by (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:46
Its not certain that Tapuai will be unavailable, the article noted that although there was no update it is believed that it was not a major injury.

Lewis was warming up with the team last Saturday so he must be fit.

I reckon we'll see a lot of players rested this weekend, Beno, Dunn, Stooke, JJ, Watson, Priestland (maybe?).

by
by (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 09:51
My stab at the team:

Auterac, VV, Lahif, Ewels, Philips, Garvey, Louw, Grant, Cook, Burns, Brew, Tapuai, Banahan, Jack Wilson, James Wilson.

Paz, Charles, Thomas, Douglas, Mercer, Kahn, Lewis, Atkins.

Assuming that T. Homer is still out.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:07
BoB, you can't put the 'best' 15 players on the park week in, week out, they burn out. You have to rotate and trust your system and the players to deliver.
Backs can play more often but you have to rest the forwards now and then. I worry that Obano and Dunn are starting too often.

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 10:28
Our best XV changes week to week based of fatigue, injury and form.
Who's better? Burns at 80% effectiveness; Priestland at 82% effectiveness of Lewis at 96% effectiveness?

We should send our best team, but that's not the same as our ideal cup-final, all fit-and-firing XV

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2017 10:29 by Which Tyler.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

20 December, 2017 13:06
Obviously WT BUT there's no point sending your best team even in those terms if that will negatively affect the team longer term by injuring or over-fatiguing players. For instance a 85% Dunn probably would play better than a 95% VV at Sale but resting him a week will put him back at 90%+ for the next 3 games.

Moreover players like Freddie need more game time to be at their best so resting Rhys has a double benefit.

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net