rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Healy Banned
21 December, 2017 14:34
[www.bbc.co.uk] For three weeks

[www.bbc.co.uk] ...but Lees cleared

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/12/2017 14:35 by Mike the Taxi.

by
by (IP Logged)

Re: Healy Banned
21 December, 2017 15:09
No one would have disputed it being a red card on the day and it would have most likely resulted in an Exeter win.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 16:07
I find this frustrating as it was an obvious red card offence on the day which could have been pivotal to changing the result of the fixture. With the TMO in place this really should have been delivered on the day as the retrospective ruling does nothing to change to the result of the game which stands!

If Exeter don't make it out of their tough group then you can easily see how they'd have a case for frustration!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

burtontiger
Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 16:59
And, the three week ban ends just in time for him to play in the final 2 ERC group games so no disadvantage relative to Exeter as the wronged party at all.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 18:00
Fortunately, the purpose of discipline is to punish the individual, not to reward the wronged party.
This is the case for rugby discipline, and for national law; and is the case on the pitch or retrospective (though on-pitch discipline results in an advantage to the opponents as that's the best way to punish the wrong-doer).

If you can only win a match if the opposition receive a red card, then, quite frankly, you don't deserve to win the match.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 21:38
Which Tyler. If you can only win a match by breaking the rules, do you deserve to win the match at all? There are always at least 2 views to a situation.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 23:40
Quote:
Which Tyler
Fortunately, the purpose of discipline is to punish the individual, not to reward the wronged party.
This is the case for rugby discipline, and for national law; and is the case on the pitch or retrospective (though on-pitch discipline results in an advantage to the opponents as that's the best way to punish the wrong-doer).

If you can only win a match if the opposition receive a red card, then, quite frankly, you don't deserve to win the match.

Well said. Exactly what I was going to say earlier.

If Chiefs can't beat a team with 15 men on the field they don't deserve the win.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 00:10
On the other hand MB ‘clears out’ Toby from a ruck illegally (off his feet and thro the side and I reckon it was a deliberate attempt to put him out of the game) causes an impediment to the oppo team of effectively not having their world class player for 3 months. No sanction.
WT I agree with so much you say however I think you need to consider that ‘on the field stuff’ these days is not just that. Premeditation is not merely the next lineout call but sometimes much more ‘strategic’.
I think the system should be more aware than you want to accept.

FLAP

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 08:27
Quote:
Currychief
Which Tyler. If you can only win a match by breaking the rules, do you deserve to win the match at all? There are always at least 2 views to a situation.
I believe we celebrated the centenary anniversary of the last rugby match won without singke illegal act back in September.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:01
its all a bit farcical isn't it.

The endless replays, different angles and time wasted working out whether a try is a try and yet, on the day, with the availability of replays, apparently no action was taken in a cynical action to incapacitate another player. Heyho! (Apply whichever incident you wish).

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:42
Quote:
Big Dog
I find this frustrating as it was an obvious red card offence on the day which could have been pivotal to changing the result of the fixture. With the TMO in place this really should have been delivered on the day as the retrospective ruling does nothing to change to the result of the game which stands!
If Exeter don't make it out of their tough group then you can easily see how they'd have a case for frustration!

Same frustration we faced in the 15/16 Prem final when not only did Owen Farrell not get sent off for a blatant high tackle on Ant Watson, we lost Watson for the rest of the game!

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Sam Underhill Adopted Player 2018/19

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:45
I agree Griff. That was our Healy moment and the ref bottled making the decision early in the game which could have easily changed the result.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:57
Well I for one was glad the ref bottled it, much rather Leinster progress to the next round!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 13:31
Quote:
Which Tyler
the purpose of discipline is to punish the individual, not to reward the wronged party.

Thank you WT ... i've been trying to think of the way to express that idea for ages! I hate it when managers/teams (more often in football) claim they deserved to win because the referee didn't send someone off. It's only ever in a situation where the foul results in a player being injured out that there is a case for it, but even then, with the plethora of subs these days, it doesn't really wash.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net