rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

Wasps ON 29th
21 December, 2017 20:28
Confirmed that they will be without Daly, Gopperth and Hughes.
All picked up serious injuries in the weekend's game against La Rochelle.

And I thought we were the injury-prone side!

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

Re: Wasps ON 29th
21 December, 2017 20:32
They are in a real pickle

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 December, 2017 20:56
Quins have been ravaged too. It’s becoming a real problem.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 06:43
I wonder how the number of injuries compares with, say, 15 years ago? It would be interesting to see some stats.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 07:44
Quote:
johnnyf
Confirmed that they will be without Daly, Gopperth and Hughes.
All picked up serious injuries in the weekend's game against La Rochelle.

And I thought we were the injury-prone side!

BBC reporting all 3 out for 8-12 weeks which is a huge blow for them and Wasps.

by
by (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 08:31
Will be a reverse of the same fixture last season when Hastings started at 10.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 09:00
is this on tv at all does anyone know, as we will be celebrating new year in St Lucia and so will need to find a feed somehow?
Thanks

Jonny Fantastic
Jonny Fantastic (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 09:11
On BT Sport 1

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:04
Frankly if you are on hols in St Lucia, just get the result = eventually! (Sm7)

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:24
Wasps have it bad and I feel for them as when fit they’re a top 2/4 side, no question.

But we’ve had it bad, if not worse, in the past. No tightheads or hookers. Second rows in the back row. Light on centres etc. For the Wasps game, we’ll be without our Hughes (Faletau), our Daly (Roko) and our Gopperth (er, Clark?). But we have our own problems, Atwood and Underhill the biggest losses atop of all the others.

The premiership is so attritional. And the injuries do seem to be getting worse year on year. But I feel sorry for all the squads - including our own - not just one.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 10:36
I wonder if Dunn is giving Underhill ‘tackling without getting injured’ lessons. Both make a similar number of tackles but Dunn goes that much lower not going for the trophy hits and chopping instead. It seems to be less stressful on his body (head).

wombles222
wombles222 (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 11:17
Again the recent injuries raise the question, is this a new problem or one that has been present further back than we care to imagine?

No doubt the hits are bigger (although that is relative), players bigger and the game more fluid (I would not say faster, as it seems pretty similar to me, just far more fractious with more regular breaks in play back in the day).

Is it simply the demands placed upon the players body with the amount of games? I wonder if it is, but it is impossible to say. However lots of work and research is needed into this as it does have the potential to be a huge problem for the game as a whole!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 13:45
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Wasps have it bad and I feel for them as when fit they’re a top 2/4 side, no question.
But we’ve had it bad, if not worse, in the past. No tightheads or hookers. Second rows in the back row. Light on centres etc. For the Wasps game, we’ll be without our Hughes (Faletau), our Daly (Roko) and our Gopperth (er, Clark?). But we have our own problems, Atwood and Underhill the biggest losses atop of all the others.

The premiership is so attritional. And the injuries do seem to be getting worse year on year. But I feel sorry for all the squads - including our own - not just one.

I believe they might have been quite fortunate with injuries last season which had a major impact on their performance whereas we struggled badly in that regard. Presumably they will have Cipriani, however, who could be a major influence. What goes around comes around.

by
by (IP Logged)

22 December, 2017 14:03
They've still put out a good side for Gloucester on Saturday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net