rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Sale v Bath
23 December, 2017 15:09
0 - 3 RP penalty

Mike the Taxi

Re: Sale v Bath
23 December, 2017 15:13
0 v 6 RP penalty

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:14
3 v 6 Sale penalty

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:27
Bath giving away too many penalties defending their own line, but then Sale are penalised so Bath clear lines.

3 v 6

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:34
Bath held up over Sale line - Bath scrum

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:35
And again

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:37
Bath win penalty at scrum - RP to kick

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:37
RP converts

3 v 9

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:38
Pretty dull first half so far. Messy stuff from both teams.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:39
Twitter feed:

[mobile.twitter.com]

Is it being streamed anywhere?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 15:40 by BathMatt53.

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:41
Sale win penalty Bath offside - converted

6 v 9

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:42
Need to stop giving away these soft penalties.

You can watch it on betting sites

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 15:43
HT

6 v 9

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:43
Quote:
BathMatt53
Twitter feed:
[mobile.twitter.com]

Is it being streamed anywhere?

It's on Bet365

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:46
Frustrating dumb restart penalties.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:47
Itís on Unibet as well. Bath scrum looking very solid, unfortunately getting turned over too much. Interesting to hear the ref link on the commentary and how much Ian Tempest is talking to them, very clear instructions to both teams.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:48
Thanks guys

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 15:53
Very solid in the scrum and when weíve got the ball we look good but we are making some crazy errors! Weíve made 37 tackles and weíve been held up over their line twice.

Rhys going well at 12!

Cut out the errors and play a bit and I can see us winning this (hope thatís not the kissof death!)

Mike the Taxi

23 December, 2017 16:01
Sale start 2nd half stringing a good number of phases together - touchdown?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 16:01 by Mike the Taxi.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:03
Looks like Sale have scored

Mike the Taxi

Allowed

11 v 9

Mike the Taxi

and converted

13 v 9

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:04
Same old, kicking the ball away and welcoming them to run it back. Think it took 3 phases until they reached where we kicked it from

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:06
Frustration compounds with Sale getting a penalty on first phase ball from the lineout for holding on

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:06
More like same old penalties given away

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:07
Sale get another penalty for Thomas binding on the arm in our scrum

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:09
Sale get another try

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:10
Misses the conversion, 18-9. Terrible first 10 minutes in the second half from Bath

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:11
Perhaps we ought to give up the team chat and get down the tunnel at half time. We could then get 40 winks and perhaps be awake for the start of the second half.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:16
Can't get through Sale's defence

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:20
Sale breaking the gainline with ease

Never In Doubt
Never In Doubt (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:21
There are times when I just don't understand how we think we are going to score tries.

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:22
Really not playing well, afraid I donít think much of the Burns / Predtlandvexoerinent - no cohesion, too slow and predictable in attack and waaay too many penalties. Very frustrating to watch and only 1 team has come out in second half.

Never In Doubt
Never In Doubt (IP Logged)

Garbage.

by
by (IP Logged)

Sale score their 3rd try

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:23
Our defence looks so fragile and our attack had no flair or decent execution. Such a disappointing performance so far.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:25
Our attack appears to be done at a walking pace

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:27
Sale didn't look onside there

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:28
Thrashed!! Men against boys. Sad.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:29
We destroyed their scrum on the 5m line but referee thinks Lahif drove at an angle, we get walked another 10m for back chat and Sale have a lineout just inside our half

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:31
Sounds like more doom and gloom and the same issues preventing the team progressing (Sm136)

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:33
Its always like this, we put in a couple of good performances, media starts a bit of hype around us and then we go and get thrashed.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:33
Sale just walked over our scrum on our own put in, get the penalty.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:35
Urgh, gave away two penalties in the subsequent line out. Going to turn this off.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:35
Sale get their TBP

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:36
Sigh. Classic Bath, can't maintain performance for 80. Also can't score when they're up.

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:37
Canít watch anymore itís depressing - really poor. Canít help but think the amount of changes hasnít helped, but regardless toothless performance and several giant steps backwards.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:38
Our defence was just dreadful, chaotic and constantly back peddling.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:38
Truly shameful!! Well done Sale, better team by far.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:39
It's very frustrating, but this is always a game we're terrible at. Critical to beat Wasps and Wuss.

by
by (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:40
Watson has been taking the ball static almost every time.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:42
We are a Club just there to make up the numbers in the league, sad but true fact. Our players are not good enough to play at a high level consistently throughout the season so winning anything meaningful is just a pipe dream.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:46
For the 38% who predicted Bath finishing top of the league keep dreaming, because on the showing at todays game it looks like 7th to me, sad to say.

Still no doubt the coaches know where the team whent wrong and come coaching get together next week it will be all sorted (Sm100)

And of course Bath Rugby are still in a transition period that seems to be lasting forever !

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Quote:
BathPatriot
We are a Club just there to make up the numbers in the league, sad but true fact. Our players are not good enough to play at a high level consistently throughout the season so winning anything meaningful is just a pipe dream.

I'm more disappointed with this effort than I have been at any Bath performance for a long time. However we always seem to struggle at the AJ Bell and I have to say I find your opinion a tad dramatic. Maybe you are right but given we usually finish towards the top of the table I think it is empirically untrue. Poor game, good season; move on.

Mike the Taxi

FT

32 v 9

MESSAGES->author
liquidmonkey (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:47
well that's 107 minutes I could have done something more useful with.

The measure may be thought bold, but I am of the opinion the boldest are the safest.
Horatio Nelson

Adopted players:
2018-19 Tom Homer
2017-18 Freddie Burns
2016-17 Nick Auterac
2015-16 Guy Mercer
2014-15 Juan Pablo Orlandi

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:47
That's just nonsense. We were very poor second half, but we've just had two brutal games, we have an insane injury list, we needed to rest a couple of players and Sale has always been a tough place to go.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:51
Quote:
hasta
That's just nonsense. We were very poor second half, but we've just had two brutal games, we have an insane injury list, we needed to rest a couple of players and Sale has always been a tough place to go.
Disappointed to lose by that much, but was expecting to struggle there....They just seem unable to play welll there

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

rodoftherec
rodoftherec (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:53
Just get rid of a second class director of rugby - will never win anything with him as his record shows. Poor appointment I fear - go out and bribe RB to come then we might just achieve something. Thrashed today and where are they in the table............??

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:58
So much for the Ďwe always seem to be poor at Christmas and weíve tried to address thatí Worst performance iíve Seen this season.

bathwickboy
bathwickboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 16:58
Quote:
rodoftherec
Just get rid of a second class director of rugby - will never win anything with him as his record shows. Poor appointment I fear - go out and bribe RB to come then we might just achieve something. Thrashed today and where are they in the table............??

Yet another troll posting. Were you spouting the same stuff last week as Exeter were losing to Leinster and we were beating Toulon. We may not win anything this year but that does not mean that TB is a second class director of rugby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 17:01 by bathwickboy.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:01
Oh dear, oh dear.

Yes, Sale is a hard [lace to win at, but 4 tries conceded? Did not expect that.

I can't decide if this makes writing the next preview much harder, or a bit easier!!!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

nixworld2
nixworld2 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:05
Ouch. That was so frustrating to watch. I felt like the main issue was the selection- the backline never sparked or pressed forward, and you can't win unless you attack a bit!
After last week (and the performance in Toulon) it's hard to understand how things can go so far backwards. It's the classic thing of- you don't mind losing when you play well (actually, I did mind losing in Toulon, but as soon as I'd had a drink in one of the lovely bars I could appreciate the good performance!) but a loss like this is especially frustrating as there are very few positive things to say about it.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:06
Let me guess, 30% possession, 30% territory, no basics?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:12
Does anyone think we look like a well coached side? I certainly don't and haven't since a month or two into last season.

Quote:
BathPatriot

Our players are absolutely good enough. The coaching staff simply haven't a clue.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:19
Quote:
hasta

We can't keep making excuses with injuries, every team has them, and that Sale is a tough place to go, every game is tough ! Earlier this year we lost by 3pts, year before lost by
12 pts, year before won by 9pts, today losing by 23pts is a poor show to say the least, and not just the points difference but the reported manner in which we lost.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:22
Well why did I assume we had turned the corner after the last two weeks? I felt reasonably optimistic, even how we could expect a LBP as a minimum, but it appears we haven't got the spirit or fight to even contest the gain line and at least defend which I what we are supposed to be good at. Laugh.

Why did we rest Dunn because we obviously missed his aggression and especially tackling? From what I have heard, we were truly bullied up front and as usual lacked physicality. How do we expect to get a decent league position without being prepared to put in the hard yards.

Too many changes, too little aggression, too little brain and little skill or game management and implementation.

Ah well, Sale must love playing us in what is a banker game for them, and all they have to do is turn up and we roll over, season after season.

Roll on the New Year but I don't have any confidence on our play going forward. Wasps will crush us the way they are playing and how they blew a good, confident Glaws away, and Worcester have more dog than us at their home and no little skill.

I predicted 6th place in the league this season, think I will have to revise that downwards.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:32
Listening to the radio commentary with two non Bathonians. One was a Bristolian through and through and the other was a journalist from Sale. They said that this was a game too far for Bath after their efforts against Toulon and that the coaches had their sights on the Wasps game next weekend. It maybe the coaches underestimated the opposition.

Glos were thrashed by Wasps so we will need everyone firing on all four cylinders.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:37
What a bunch of energy sappers on here. We lost get over it - @#$%& happens. We beat Toulon last week with the same second rate coaching team.If you wantto win every week go support Celtic or Man City.

As far as i am concerned - have a great few days off players and coaches - thank you for all your hard effort - you've had great days and poor days (like we all do) Come back refreshed and here's hoping 2018 will bring less injuries, more great days and show some of your so called supporters what you can do.

Happy Christmas everyone and please don't forget to smile and laugh.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:39
A game too far? This isn't knock out rugby.

The Scarlets nearly beat Toulon. Treviso lost to Toulon in the final play with a scrum penalty. Toulon are not a good team at the moment and should never have been used as evidence we'd turned a corner.

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 17:47
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Well why did I assume we had turned the corner after the last two weeks? I felt reasonably optimistic, even how we could expect a LBP as a minimum, but it appears we haven't got the spirit or fight to even contest the gain line and at least defend which I what we are supposed to be good at. Laugh.
Why did we rest Dunn because we obviously missed his aggression and especially tackling? From what I have heard, we were truly bullied up front and as usual lacked physicality. How do we expect to get a decent league position without being prepared to put in the hard yards.

Too many changes, too little aggression, too little brain and little skill or game management and implementation.

Ah well, Sale must love playing us in what is a banker game for them, and all they have to do is turn up and we roll over, season after season.

Roll on the New Year but I don't have any confidence on our play going forward. Wasps will crush us the way they are playing and how they blew a good, confident Glaws away, and Worcester have more dog than us at their home and no little skill.

I predicted 6th place in the league this season, think I will have to revise that downwards.

We rested Dunn because we cannot play players like him every week! If we did, he gets injured and the. Out for weeks!
Sensible to rest him but perhaps shows up our current lack of cover!

rodoftherec
rodoftherec (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:04
Sorry but going nowhere under TB - get used to it - another rich owners mistake !!

Bathovalballer

23 December, 2017 18:17
Personally I think much of the responsibility lies with the players and the captain as they are on the field and can influence the result and change things if the plans are not working out. I believe Todd and his team must be given a full season before we can truly assess his abilities. One thing he can do is toughen up and be more direct with players who are not performing, for whatever reason. He may do behind closed doors, but as it obviously is not working, he needs to do it publically and shame them onto improving or being moved on.

For the attrition and hard graft needed to do well to I'm the Prem, if TB did go, I would look to bring in someone like Cockers who would certainly bang some heads together to get the results we all want.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:20
Quote:
rodoftherec
Sorry but going nowhere under TB - get used to it - another rich owners mistake !!

You mean not winning everything. Who would you rather have (other than RB who you won't get). I do hope your life is perfect because if not you must be in a dark place.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:31
It's not, and never has been, a case of "not winning everything therefore coaches must go". It's not reasonable to assume we'll beat everyone before us. My point is we look like such a badly-coached outfit and have done for years, relying on individuals to dig us out of holes. We're going nowhere, just repeating the same terrible gameplan over and over, and making the same mistakes over and over.

hipster1676
hipster1676 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:32
How did Our new prop play?

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:37
Injuries to key players for us ? Look at Wasps today without key players, thumped Gloucester who still managed to score 4 tries, Bath have good players so are they out of position or is it poor coaching ? predictions for next two games ? losing bonus points for me if lucky.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:39
Good grief so much wailing, is anyone really surprised we lost? I'm certainly not.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:50
Shame, but not a huge surprise. We rested players - they were full strength. Hard place to visit.
Still, our mental composure isn't quite there.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 18:59
Quote:
OutsideBath
Good grief so much wailing, is anyone really surprised we lost? I'm certainly not.

Not surprised, just thought we might put up a fight and not throw in the towel

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:02
Wasnít quite there?! That is a massive understatement, we were utterly clueless in attack, and then in defence in the 2nd half, as I think we have been for much of the season if iím honest, and the number of penalties we conceded was ridiculous. Really think we miss Tabs more than folk realise - if his position was necessary when he was appointed, as it clearly was, we should never have gone so long without replacing him, and I know that we are apparently now looking for a replacement but the search should have started the minute we knew he was off.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:09
Quote:
Gussieboy
Wasnít quite there?! That is a massive understatement, we were utterly clueless in attack, and then in defence in the 2nd half, as I think we have been for much of the season if iím honest, and the number of penalties we conceded was ridiculous. Really think we miss Tabs more than folk realise - if his position was necessary when he was appointed, as it clearly was, we should never have gone so long without replacing him, and I know that we are apparently now looking for a replacement but the search should have started the minute we knew he was off.

Tricky. In todd and tabs we bought fish and chips, but lost the chips. Now we're trying to make a dinner out of fish and spaghetti... Or rice... couscous anyone?

Where did I put that port?

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:26
Well,they travelled up yesterday so can hardly be accused of not having preparation time. Sale and its venue are always difficult to start with.
Nearly as 'difficult' to get a win as FG.

As ever in supporting Bath, I travel in hope rather than expectation! Wasps (another blinking ridiculous late game) will be quite a challenge! Onwards and hopefully upwards

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:41
Congratulations Sale on a great result and Merry Christmas everyone. Itís only a game (one I love very much but itís still not exactly life or death stuff).

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:49
Quote:
Gussieboy

We weren't much better with Tabs tbf.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 19:53
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Gussieboy

We weren't much better with Tabs tbf.

Really disagree with that, think our attack was improving last few games. Playing with two non-centres definitely didn't help. Not that that's an excuse for the second half capitulation.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 21:04
perhaps someone should say Sale actually played very well in the second half.

Gussieboy
Gussieboy (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 21:35
Our attack has looked better of late, but I still think that for a large amount of time we have looked predictable in attack. Sale came out and played better in the second half, which may have made us look worse, but regardless we were poor in the first half as well. Still struggle with possession, we had 21% in the second half against Toulon and that sort of lack of possession make life very difficult.

Bathovalballer

23 December, 2017 21:49
With possession levels so low it is both a miracle (or exceptional individual play) that we have had the results we have and it is about time we addressed the lack of good ball and it's retention. Gaining possession initially comes down to the forwards and that is where we need to strengthen the side. We need some big muscle men and beef up front and more devil and fight at the breakdown.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 21:57
Quote:
Gussieboy
Our attack has looked better of late, but I still think that for a large amount of time we have looked predictable in attack. Sale came out and played better in the second half, which may have made us look worse, but regardless we were poor in the first half as well. Still struggle with possession, we had 21% in the second half against Toulon and that sort of lack of possession make life very difficult.

Think it is all about what you do with your possession. If you keep the ball but don't get over the gain line possession means nothing. Against Sale we had 42% in the second half (44% in the first) but did nothing with it. Toulon we made the most of our limited possession.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bathovalballer

23 December, 2017 22:05
Watching the tv, Banahan is again gone missing at vital defensive times and the number of times when we are knocked off the ball at the breakdown and simply do not compete physically and always loose out, and cough up hard won possession. Madness.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 22:30
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Watching the tv, Banahan is again gone missing at vital defensive times and the number of times when we are knocked off the ball at the breakdown and simply do not compete physically and always loose out, and cough up hard won possession. Madness.

Yep he needs to tighten up when he's out, BoB! (Sm22)

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 23:10
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Think it is all about what you do with your possession. If you keep the ball but don't get over the gain line possession means nothing. Against Sale we had 42% in the second half (44% in the first) but did nothing with it. Toulon we made the most of our limited possession.

I think the lack of possession is deliberate - rather than cluelessness or lack of coaching. TB's comments keep suggesting as much.

I imagine our tactical approach is like the 'counter-attack' in football. Play in the right areas, soak it up and then strike when the opportunity arises. And with players like Watson, Roko and JJ we'd seem ready made to do that and it worked against Toulon or Sarries etc. It's just that it didn't work against Exeter, Newcastle, Same etc.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 23:20
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
Gussieboy

I beg to disagree. Possession of the ball, in and of itself, is a good thing because it means your opponents can't score. Field position and the gain line are fetishised but the very best sides disregard these and trust their skills to retain possession and outmanoevre the opposition anywhere on the pitch. Currently, Exeter do it very well. So what we really need is Pep Guardiola. I wonder if he's available?

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 December, 2017 23:30
Quote:
Substitute
Quote:
CoochieCoo

I think the lack of possession is deliberate - rather than cluelessness or lack of coaching. TB's comments keep suggesting as much.

I imagine our tactical approach is like the 'counter-attack' in football. Play in the right areas, soak it up and then strike when the opportunity arises. And with players like Watson, Roko and JJ we'd seem ready made to do that and it worked against Toulon or Sarries etc. It's just that it didn't work against Exeter, Newcastle, Same etc.

TB's comments suggest the exact opposite. He's mentioned time and time again the lack of possession isn't on purpose, and more recently, that we're trying to keep the ball more. 20% of the ball against Toulon in the second half suggests we're either terrible at it (poor basics, which is there for all to see), or the players are ignoring the coaches.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 00:15
Observation from match threads:

No of posts = o Bath v Toulon when we won.

No of posts = 4 Sale v Bath when we lost.

Guess the poster!

sirtidychris
sirtidychris (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 03:25
Totally agree merry Christmas Matt, From my point of view the team just needs some rest

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 09:14
I didnít see the game (apparently there is some occasion happening tomorrow that meant my wife had strong opinions about me having a day out in Manchester) so I can only really comment on the context rather than the performance.

Sale with MacGinty at 10 played some great rugby at home earlier in the season. They seem to have rediscovered that in the second half yesterday. Their backline is on paper significantly better than the one we fielded so Bath going up there after two huge games was always a tough ask.

It does sound though that again we have lost without firing a shot. I have seen us too often under TB play games without creating much and waiting for Rocco, Watson, Banners, etc to find a weak shoulder through pressure. This seems to have got us out of trouble a number of times this year.

We were short of loads of players, Sale are better at home and fielded a strong side, we donít have enough midfielders in our squad and our rope-a-dope strategy doesnít fill me with confidence.

In short, I donít know what to make of Bath this year. So Iím going to eat peanuts while watching Bath highlights on YouTube. Elvisí try, then Big Duncís followed by the two home games against Tigers from a few years ago should do it!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 10:02
Just read this post match quote from TB in The Rugby Paper - "Sale played really well, they played over the top of us, they were direct, they were magnificent but we were cr@p. We were just cr@p". Is TB a regular reader of this board?

Time to cheer up and enjoy the festivities. Glad I'm not a Saints or Sarries supporter, they really do have stuff to worry about...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 10:15
I agree Saints have things to worry about, but not Sarries as they will comfortably finish top 4.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net