rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Weeksie
Weeksie (IP Logged)

Some Christmas thoughts!
24 December, 2017 09:54
Read a lot on here but don't post that often...

I was one of a few that went to Sale yesterday. When you realise how difficult it is to play pro rugby then you start to understand why we struggled yesterday. The players have to be rested and the physical/ mental stress from Toulon games cannot be underestimated. The players must be absolutely exhausted! We have to mange them through the season.

To play with yet another different centre combination and expect it to gel is quite frankly ridiculous. The coaches picked what they had left and I'm guessing had kind of written off the game. JJ has to be rested at some point but tweeting the pictures from his holiday is unforgivable.

The biggest issue for me in all of this is the lack of squad depth and the lack of backline continuity. No conincidence that a lot of the Toulon success came from having a largely similar side for the two games. However, we can't play the same team every week!

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Some Christmas thoughts!
24 December, 2017 11:27
Why are we so dogged tired? Why do we constantly talk about/have to rest players? Just look at the other teams on the Premiership and I believe you will find they are putting out their best players most of the time, and they obviously want to play as well!

So one of key players is allowed to go on holiday mid season when we are already struggling with injuries and then rubs it in by sending photos of his holiday. Unbelievable. Are we a professional outfit or what and do our stars really want to play for the club and each other? So we can afford to throw away a potential 4 points in a very tightly contested league? I don't think that crosses the minds of any other team in the Prem. I have often referred to the Farleigh Holiday Spa and now I know it is true. Come to Bath for top money, Spa facilities, extra holidays, fine free clothes and an occasional game of recreational rugby. You don't have to do too much, just turn up and get paid and fed.

If I was Bruce I would be asking some serious questions of the management and coaches, especially if we slide down the table.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 11:35
Donít we HAVE to rest the internationals for a certain number of games a year? I assumed that was what we were doing with JJ.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 11:36
Luckily you are not Bruce. Hope you enjoy a spartan Christmas shouting at anyone nearby if your meal isn't served on time or the gravy is a few degrees too hot or cold. Wghat a happy chappeee you must be to live with.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 11:39
And no one ever posts holiday pictures for any other purpose than to gloat - what's the point otherwise.

Bathovalballer

24 December, 2017 11:59
I can name others like Stooke who deserve time off more than Joseph. Watson has probably played more high pressure games as well so is he booking his holiday whilst I am writing this.? Its not as if Joseph had been on fire this season, he needs more game time not less IMV.

How many of you workers can say to your boss in the middle of a sales campaign or efficiency drive, can I have a holiday as I feel tired? Get real Bath Rugby.

Most players at other clubs have to fight tooth and nail to get in their side and have to maintain that form, or be replaced by another aspiring ambitious player. Not at Bath Rugby apparently!

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 12:05
Most workers havenít made 33 tackles on 18-20 stone men running at them as fast as they can as Dunn did last week, I think itís a bit different.

Exeter players are rotated and rested regularly, as they were yesterday. Doesnít seem to do them any harm.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 12:11
If a player has a deserved mid season break BoB, did you really expect him to travel on a coach to Manchester, sit in the cold stands watching the game, travel home again and then expect him to turn up refreshed and raring to go for the next training?

Each player has to find their own motivation and I am sure the last thing the team were thinking about yesterday was JJ on the beach. Every team rests players and your insults about the spa are clearly a wind up.

Bathovalballer

24 December, 2017 12:13
Well from what I saw the players minds were not exactly on the job in hand in Manchester.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 12:16
Elliot Stooke has played 710 minutes this season.

Tom Dunn has played 680.

JJ has played 998. And went on the Lions tour.

southgate
southgate (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 13:36
Out of order Bob ,again questioning players desire and fight I find this post very annoying.Players need rest don't they say that tackling I like a car crash at 30 miles an hour,and don't believe that everything is bright and rosy in the chuffs camp because is isn't.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 13:49
Quote:
southgate
Out of order Bob ,again questioning players desire and fight I find this post very annoying.Players need rest don't they say that tackling I like a car crash at 30 miles an hour,and don't believe that everything is bright and rosy in the chuffs camp because is isn't.

+1

Every time we lose BOB moans that the players don't want it enough which is just insulting to them.

We are clearly much less than the sum of our parts but this is more likely due to poor coaching than players not wanting it.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 15:03
Every now and again I find BOvBs ranting emails entertaining, usually because it humours me to think what kind of a plank would write them. The rest of the time i find his posts insulting and ignorant and at these times itís crystal clear to me what kind of a plank writes them.

BOvB, may I respectfully suggest you put your feet up this Christmas, pour yourself a stiff drink, take a deep breath, and reflect that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE AT BATH RUGBY either doesnt care, doesnít work hard enough, doesnít want it enough, or floats through their week at Farleigh in their Gucci loafers.

In sport one team is usually better than the other, we certainly need to improve skills, personnel, game plan, mindset, error count, accuracy etc etc but nobody is failing through lack of effort.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 15:17
I am thinking we are the "Liverpool" of the rugby world, a glorious decade when we were cock of the walk, but have failed to match that era despite investment from new owners and a number of high profile HC/DOR's. We have our moments but our rivals are to far ahead. Exeter are our Man City; Tigers are Man Utd; Sarries are Chelsea; Wasps are the Arsenal & Quins are Spurs. As an Everton follower I think Wuss are our equivalent. All the best to one and all and let's hope we take the sting out of Wasps next Sat. MC&HNY...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 16:04
Clarkey

I don't want to rain on your parade at Christmas, but when did Wuss ever win a Cup or League (as Everton have) -or provide a coach to Leicester?

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

24 December, 2017 18:28
PG - I do recall Everton's 80's heyday, it segued nicely into the Bath decade of domination but I was thinking more of our league position which I usually a sub optimal first half of the season and a flirt with relegation before a spring escape. Big Sam has at 9th in the league before Xmas, a welcome change to my sporting life...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net