rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Everyone has something to be miserable about.
25 December, 2017 01:32
Sarries lost 7 on the trot.

Leicester just got shown up at home and have lost 5 on the trot.

Glaws got spanked yesterday.

Even Exeter managed to throw away a 17-3 lead last week.

This season is proving very tight and only the blessed Exeter can be really pleased with how things are going.

So lets recognise our weaknesses and act on that, but not assume everything us perfect elsewhere so we dont stand a chance.

With half the season played, we are a single win away from a playoff spot and top of of our European pool.

All very much to play for.

Merry Christmas.

Stuart

Former ed.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

Re: Everyone has something to be miserable about.
25 December, 2017 07:08
Very true! Plus, if everything was going well we would have nothing to come ere to talk about!

Merry Christmas!

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 08:46
Well said Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 09:09
* COML Doomsayers/COML Polyannas/COML Provokers & Squabblers

* Glasses half empty/Glasses half full/Glasses lost

* Glasses recharged: Merry Christmas!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 09:45
Steady on Stuart. With common sense like that you should be a maderator!

Well said.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 19:45
I'm a pretty chuffed Chief! Happy New Year!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 21:53
Happy New Year to you chuffed and slightly smug chief. Definitely the best team right now, lets see how you go (again) in May.

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 23:54
Quote:
Boldangrey
Well said.

Freudian slip?

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

25 December, 2017 23:56
And don't forget to cut us some slack cos we are a team in transition.

(Sm118)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 08:56
Quote:
Kidney Stone
Quote:
Boldangrey
Well said.

Freudian slip?

(Sm128)

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 09:51
Chiefs are top, by some margin. Sarries are second. We are fifth. We are not a contender, we are a club there to make up the numbers. Happy Xmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 09:55
Quote:
BathPatriot
Chiefs are top, by some margin. Sarries are second. We are fifth. We are not a contender, we are a club there to make up the numbers. Happy Xmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Wow you certainly know how to deliver a good Pep talk don't you!

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 10:12
Quote:
BathPatriot

Saracens: 7 wins
Bath: 6 wins

9/10/17 Bath 31 Saracens 21

Yup, unbridgeable gulf.

Stuart

Former ed.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 12:06
Apart from Sarries and Exeter everyone else is 'in transition' so we're in pretty good company. I just love the competitiveness and unpredictability of the AV. The only consistent team this year is Exeter - and even that qualifies as 'unpredictable' in some ways ... or am I the only one who keeps wrongly thinking that bubble has to to burst?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 12:30
Quote:
Optimist
Apart from Sarries and Exeter everyone else is 'in transition' so we're in pretty good company. I just love the competitiveness and unpredictability of the AV. The only consistent team this year is Exeter - and even that qualifies as 'unpredictable' in some ways ... or am I the only one who keeps wrongly thinking that bubble has to to burst?
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=267
IMO there are 10 teams in the Prem who are capable of beating anyone on their day without also needing their opponents to play badly. Even Wuss and LI are capable of playing that we'll, just not really for long enough to secure the result u less the opponents also have a bad day at the office.

On Saturday, I don't think I we did play all that badly,but in the second half, Sale raised their game to being one of those days, and it was enough. Everyone in the top 10 has won matches that way this season, and every team has lost matches to a team doing that this season.
The biggest lesson to me is that the salary cap is doing (part of) it's job, and keeping the league competitive, which is great for the game as a whole; though I could wish for greater consistency of play (not results), it's early days for all bar 2 teams (Exeter, Saracens). Newcastle, Sale and Wasps have managed consistency of coaching, but not investment or playing staff.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 26/12/2017 13:03 by Which Tyler.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

26 December, 2017 19:05
And this season's Exeter and sarries will be the saints, quins, tiggers, wasps and, it's true, the baths of past years.

AndyMGlos
Lebowski (IP Logged)

27 December, 2017 09:43
Sorry I cant agree. As a Glos fan Im over the moon at the progress weve made so far. The odd spanking will always happen with high risk rugby. If anybody had suggested at the start of the season wed be 4th at Christmas, having played more away games than home, Id have thought they were on drugs. Teams started the season with different expectations.

Anyway Happy Christmas and New Year to all!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

27 December, 2017 11:46
Quote:
Lebowski
Sorry I cant agree. As a Glos fan Im over the moon at the progress weve made so far. The odd spanking will always happen with high risk rugby. If anybody had suggested at the start of the season wed be 4th at Christmas, having played more away games than home, Id have thought they were on drugs. Teams started the season with different expectations.
Anyway Happy Christmas and New Year to all!

Please dont ruin this site with your common sense and positivity, posts like this take away from the hyperbole that we have come to expect...

(But I agree, Glos have done really well and with a raft of injuries too - I didnt expect that at the start of the season. Ackerman has been worth his weight in points).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net