rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

Re: Teams up v wasps
30 December, 2017 12:12
[quote Bath Hammer][quote Boldangrey]

Itís the performance that has depressed and the thought that unless the game plan changes pretty drastically we will be watching more of the same the next match, and the match after etc.[/quote]

Exactly my point.

If we play as badly, but come so close how good could we be?[/quote]

It is true that we did take most of our chances yesterday but that isnít always the case. I fear you logic whilst cheery is a touch flawed[/quote]

We took our chances, but would have won at a canter if we had avoided so many crass errors.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 13:17
After half an hour last night it was the first time in a long time (since the Gary Gold days probably) I was genuinely wishing we got humped by 40+. It might have prompted a drastic rethink. As it is, a flattering scoreline only ensures we keep stumbling on.

Watching us not touch the ball for yet another thirty minute period was as deprsssing as it was predictable.

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 16:44
I think it's a confidence issue at the moment we only played when it looked like we couldn't win. Watson showed some intention and one spectacular break through several tackles but after we were well behind. I still think we'll recover and do well top 4 still possible

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:07
I truly wonder reading some on Ere, am I watching the same game and group of players? We were dreadful in many aspects of the game including basic skills, and so were many of our so called stars. As for finishing in the top 4, please let me know what you are on and let me have some of it. Barking mad!

Apart from Irish and possibly Saints, we are probably the worst skilled and poorest playing side in the Premiership. Quins, Glaws, Newcastle and now Sale are all playing fast attacking games that we just cannot match, mainly because our forwards are like pussycats (with 1/2 exceptions in Dunn, Louw and the best Stooke) who cannot tackle for toffees. They never knock guys backwards and never drive over the ball as a unit.

Personally as evidenced by his attitude and bawling out team mates (what did useless Garvey do) Stooke is our stand out forward on attitude and effort where it hurts up front.

Send Ewells to Royal Marine camp to either toughen him up and see whether he can cut the mustard or not. We will not miss him because he does nothing of note on the Rec or for Bath. Play Douglas as he might improve and prove his chan.

And it isn't all the coach's fault. It is the guys on the field and the captain who can dictate play and results, with making changes as and when the game dictates.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:27
Forwards like pussycats includes Obano then? Underhill? You can tell them, just make sure Iím at a safe distance.

(I would love to see an updated injuries list, are Catt, Attwood and Ellis anywhere near a return yet?)

Bathovalballer

30 December, 2017 18:39
What did Garvey contribute last night?

ilovebathtime
ilovebathtime (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:48
I don't think it is the players as such. They are just following instructions. If Blackadder didn't want the team kicking from the half way line he wouldn't be picking Kahn and Priestland every week. I don't think you can blame the forwards too much, for me it is the halfbacks that dictate the pace that you play at and how you play the game.

Our defensive efforts every week until last week have been phenominal, but they shouldn't need to be, as we should be doing more when we have it and not just having to soak up wave after wave after attacks.

You can't chop and change coaching every 2 seasons, but if I was Bruce I'd want to be sitting down with Blackadder and finding out what his strategy is, where he sees the problems and what he sees the solutions as being. My worry is that he sees territory as being key in a world where possession is key, if that is the case then we are in trouble

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:53
Should we have a plan B when plan A doesn't look to be working?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:57
I would go straight for Plan B if it means keeping the ball and running at them like the middle 40 against Newcastle and first 20 against Quins!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 18:58
Quote:
Boldangrey
Should we have a plan B when plan A doesn't look to be working?

You should get a job with TB because he hasn't worked that out yet.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 21:03
Plan a was disastrous for the first thirty.

We stuck at it and it came good. 5 tries to 4 then a hopeless final line out.

Plan A works if you cut out the stupid errors.

That answers my own question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 21:05 by Boldangrey.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 21:08
(And plan A works against 14 men)

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 21:25
Forget plans. We cripple ourselves by not holding onto possession. That has nothing to do with strategy, it's a case of basics. Dropping passes, passing into touch, not presenting the ball properly, not making touch from a penalty. It gives the opposition tons of ball, and it has nothing to do with plans.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 21:37
Just my point.

If you get the basics wrong strategy doesn't work.

by
by (IP Logged)

30 December, 2017 22:45
We need composure when we have the ball, when we've been starved of the ball for the last 5 minutes, you can't start throwing double miss passes and speculative offloads, last season we seemed to have a reset button by trucking it up the middle and work off slow ball, hardly seen that utilised so far this season.

Bathovalballer

30 December, 2017 23:34
Basic skills like giving and taking a pass, catching the ball and running support lines are the players responsibility, not the coaches. TB and the other coaches assume our players being well paid professionals would know these skills and how to ensure they are top top by regular and consistent practice. Cannot be happening and no motivation seemingly to improve as it has been like it all season.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net