rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Floating Bank advert destroying this site
03 January, 2018 00:40
I realise that this site needs advertising revenue to survive but surely they can get by without accepting ads which block off much of what people write. It is a ludicrous form of advertising & would make me much less likely to buy the product or service. I suppose no one has found a way of getting rid of these floaters?

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

Re: Floating Bank advert destroying this site
03 January, 2018 02:54
Just install an ad blocker in your browser

Cheers,

Rich

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 07:16
Use the mobile site.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 08:59
I have already installed an adblocker but will have to check itís still working. The only ads I get are the ones in the form of a message & this annoying bloke. Thanks anyway.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 09:09
Quote:
Bath Hammer
I have already installed an adblocker but will have to check itís still working. The only ads I get are the ones in the form of a message & this annoying bloke. Thanks anyway.

BH - I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser with Adblock Plus on my desk top and the COML site works v well. I use the mobile site on my smartphone [NL1020] and just have one small ad at the base of the screen which dosn't interfere with my reading/posting...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 09:09
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Sounds it may have switched off. I used uBlock Origin, an add on for Firefox Browser. works a treat.

Cheers,

Rich

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 09:16
These things are beat stopped at source though. SN seem to allow their site to be infiltrated by all sorts of strange pop ups including fake virus alerts which never appear on my phone except on SN pages. Poorly engineered IT.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 10:39
Quote:
B4thB4ck
These things are beat stopped at source though. SN seem to allow their site to be infiltrated by all sorts of strange pop ups including fake virus alerts which never appear on my phone except on SN pages. Poorly engineered IT.

I should not need to be an IT expert or install additional software to make a website work
It like buying a car and then having to buy a steering wheel

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 10:57
Iíve just checked & Iím using Crystal adblocker which is still switched on. I take it that the mobile app is for smartphones rather than an I-pad?

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

03 January, 2018 11:06
I use the mobile application on all devices including the lap top and the floating adverts and pop ups are non existent. You only need the desktop website for prediction league and I come out as soon as I have completed my predictions or looked at the table!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 08:49
I blame Tarquin!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 09:54
Its pretty poor than SN can't fix this stuff as its been going on for a long while. The mobile version is pretty restrictive in that it won't scale/zoom text on ipad and splits everything into short pages.

I tend to try and view the site around the adverts (annoying) whilst hardening my resolve never to spend a penny with the advertisers on show.

redmix
redmix (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:02
Adblock plus, and no more ads. Highly recommend it.

However, some web site are now recognising that you have an ad blocker installed and then try to restrict what you can view, or make recommendations that you turn it off whilst on their site. I suspect that SN will eventually catch on to this.

At present the Ads on SN are far too unregulated. A couple of years back and before I got Adblock one of the ads was sending a virus to my computer. Luckily it wouldn't run on my Mac.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net