rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Is the Farleigh Spa to be sold for housing?
03 January, 2018 22:22
Fake News. Fake News. Or is it?

After my message on another thread, repeated below, I hear Twitter and Social Media has gone mad and wonder if there is any truth in the rumour/fake news?

The Farleigh Spa Hotel which is in dire need of some better publicity because its existing residents are falling down on the job or are in need of an extended period of rest and recuperation. New blood is needed me thinks with a change in treatments and activity plans, along with a reduction in the free uniforms and shoe coverings. Also the menus are in need of overhaul as well as energy levels need a boost and add to the food for thought needed when working.

Otherwise the owner may put the place on the market and it can be sold for housing to help recover some of Mr Craig's hard earned investment, as it really has not provided any sort of return to date!

Can anyone throw any light on the story? Hope Malco reads this because he will know the up to date situation.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Is the Farleigh Spa to be sold for housing?
03 January, 2018 22:25
Yes. It’s fake news.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 08:45
Very fake and not researched very well. Farleigh House is not owned by Bruce Craig or Bath Rugby for either party to sell!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bathovalballer

04 January, 2018 09:57
Farleigh Tower Spa Hotel may not be owned directly by Bruce but I understood much of the finance to purchase it came from him or one of his companies. Am I wrong?

Bath Supporter Jack

04 January, 2018 10:09
Hard to imagine it is worth much as housing........by "much" I mean the cost of converting it into luxury apartments (the main building) and houses would not in my view make any sort of decent return.

The operations would have to be relocated at some cost and significant annual cost.

On the other hand if it had been bought in a rundown state and housing had been the plan all along you could probably have made some money.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 10:16
Malco will know the answer, what a fountain of wisdom that man is.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 10:43
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Farleigh Tower Spa Hotel may not be owned directly by Bruce but I understood much of the finance to purchase it came from him or one of his companies. Am I wrong?
You're wrong.
Farleigh Spa Hotel doesn't exist
Farleigh house isn't owned by Bruce, or anyone else connected with Bath Rugby
It is rented, and was renovated by one of Bruce's off-shore companies

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 10:53
I always thought that he had leased Farleigh House, as per this article at the time:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Farleigh House, selected by Craig and acquired on a 99-year lease by him for the club

Also:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

He purchased a 99-year lease on Farleigh House in Somerset which serves as their main administrative headquarters and training ground

As for the 'Farleigh Tower Spa Hotel' I have no idea what this is unless he means Bath Lodge Castle just down the road? I assumed that BoB was being 'amusing' calling Farleigh this.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 11:12
Bruce paid £7m as a premium to get a 99 year lease. The developers who own Farleigh house spent 8 years renovating it from 2002 and Bruce has further spent money on pitches, turning the chapel into a gym etc. It is a grade 2 listed building.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bathovalballer

04 January, 2018 12:01
My post was meant as a jest but obviously fell on stony ground in many ways.

Mind you a £7million investment by our owner is not insignificant and along with his other funding/purchase of the club shows how very very lucky we are to have him on board and why he has appointed someone like Tarquin to keep an eye on where the money is going and to try and see some return for it. IMV to date, I cannot see any palpable return in the ultimate ambition of producing a winning successful team and trophies over what was achieved by using Lambridge and the University for training/coaching instead.

If I was Bruce, who is also no doubt going to have to commit considerable funds to rebuilding the Rec, I would be wondering what is going on and am I wasting my time (and money) here?
Others have alluded to the fact that rugby is now a business and we have to accept that if we are to survive. Therefore, as in any business I know of, pouring money into a seemingly bottomless hole has/will stop sooner than later and its about time those attached to the organisation start producing the goods on all fronts or there may well be change. I don't think Bruce will wait 10 seasons like Saints to remove the DOR. Those in the front line, ie players and coaches, had better appreciate their responsibilities in this venture and be more professional in their attitudes and willingness to ensure they are doing their utmost to achieve the success, eg ensuring they can run, catch, pass, kick, retain a rugby ball to the highest standards. Pampering has and will stop. Home truths need to be aired and acted upon very soon.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:31
How do you know that home truths have not already been aired? What makes you think that they aren't professional in their attitudes? More poor form in your post I'm afraid BoB.

I actually think that in many cases they are trying TOO hard, attempting to force a play too far etc, like Henry Thomas for their try after the break. Rhys missed pen to touch was nerves, he kicked about 50 off either foot before the game - we were watching and admiring his skill, but its like calling out a world class striker for missing a penalty kick isn't it (or answering a question on the weakest link). Players like George Ford can choke, players like Henry Slade rarely do. Rhys is certainly pretty good normally, off the tee at least.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:54
Returning to Lambridge and the Uni for training is a completely daft suggestion! Players in those days were wandering from Lambridge to the Rec and then the Uni, what a waste of time and effort! Apart from the fact that our training facilities were considered a joke and not exactly an attractive pointer for future players.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:02
BOvB - why don't you rock up to Lambridge and give them some of your Home Truths and spare therest of us all your constant whingeing, griping and general stuck record rubbish. You're making me want to swap you for BOD on 'ere. Challenge and be constuctive in your criticism but please stop the repetitive 'pampared snowflake' bit. If you really think that -go tell them rather than us.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:13
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Returning to Lambridge and the Uni for training is a completely daft suggestion! Players in those days were wandering from Lambridge to the Rec and then the Uni, what a waste of time and effort! Apart from the fact that our training facilities were considered a joke and not exactly an attractive pointer for future players

Absolutely. Imagine how long a pair of Gucci loafers would last if you had to spend your day tramping up and down the London road.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:16
Dont worry they will be getting their shoes from Lidl

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:25
A Lidl in Bath, how dare you ! It's Fortnum and Masons or at a push Waitrose if you need to pop out for some organic asparagus.

How embarrassing, I see Bath now has a Lidl .... although it's in Twerton which is very nearly Bristol so that's OK.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:56
Don't want to lower the tone of this site but do you have an Aldi in Bath? Absolutely fantastic sausage rolls, better than Waitrose or F&M.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:58
Did you misspell 'pasties' as 'sausage rolls'?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 17:00
OMG are they just as good?

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 17:05
I hope they don't have Chorizo in them like the 'new improved' Sausage Roll abominations available at the Rec ..... shudder .....,

MESSAGES->author
roywalker (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 18:10
Quote:
hemington
BOvB - why don't you rock up to Lambridge and give them some of your Home Truths and spare therest of us all your constant whingeing, griping and general stuck record rubbish. You're making me want to swap you for BOD on 'ere. Challenge and be constuctive in your criticism but please stop the repetitive 'pampared snowflake' bit. If you really think that -go tell them rather than us.

+1 This

Every single post now is muddied by BOvB with this drivel about ‘Farleigh Spa’ and defamatory remarks about how the players are in their white robes and slippers and using the pool and massage facilities and not trying, happy to cash cheques and get pampered.

The team is in a slump as were Sarries as are Leicester. It happens. It’s sport. If your reaction every time we lose a few on the bounce is to just get on their backs, question their professionalism and make stuff up then maybe just leave them to it. Football might be a sport better suited to your idea of supporting.

You do not have the foggiest what goes on in training so who are you to judge it?

It’s getting to a point where I find using the site tedious as every thread with credible points is interrupted by your inane drivel about ‘Farleigh Spa’.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 18:19
My wife told me at Christmas we were going on a spa weekend. I got really excited thinking it might be at Farleigh, now I find out it doesn't exist.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 18:58
They should send the pampered brats to train with Old Prostates RFC.

6X athe the Green Man every Thursday night. They'll soon learn a thing or two - and they'll never suffer from constipation!

MESSAGES->author
Garbageman (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 19:37
Quote:
roywalker
Quote:
hemington

+1 This

Every single post now is muddied by BOvB with this drivel about ‘Farleigh Spa’ and defamatory remarks about how the players are in their white robes and slippers and using the pool and massage facilities and not trying, happy to cash cheques and get pampered.

The team is in a slump as were Sarries as are Leicester. It happens. It’s sport. If your reaction every time we lose a few on the bounce is to just get on their backs, question their professionalism and make stuff up then maybe just leave them to it. Football might be a sport better suited to your idea of supporting.

You do not have the foggiest what goes on in training so who are you to judge it?

It’s getting to a point where I find using the site tedious as every thread with credible points is interrupted by your inane drivel about ‘Farleigh Spa’.

Agree with both of these posts.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 21:17
Quote:
RoyWalker

Say what you see Roy, say what you see ... you’ve moved the image on from Gucci loafers to white robes, slippers, and glass of prosecco. Thanks.

I think all of the Bath supporters on ere that haven’t been on the laughing gas appreciate how hard the players work and how much it means to them.

MESSAGES->author
roywalker (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 22:48
“Tell you what, I could make myself free until the end of May (just before I go off on my first holiday) as I fancy being paid to enjoy Spa facilities, be fed 5 star food, provided with a Gieves & Hawkes Suit with a pair of brown Loakes brogues and as many Bath shirts and tee shirts and trainers as I can carry. May be the odd free ticket as well.

I am damn sure I would pass the medical and quickly be accepted into the holiday, care free attitude of the rest of the squad and take my place on the treatment couchs, swimming pool, and join in the Video watching of rugby games, restaurant quality meals, and staying in 4 star hotels on away trips. (I fancy the Italian trip at the end of the month.) I expect we may get petrol money on some trips and even a sponsors car.”

I think BOvB did that himself when he posted this dross on another thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net