rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

ShortyinBurnham
ShortyinBurnham (IP Logged)

Team's up
04 January, 2018 12:10
Bath Rugby team to face Worcester Warriors

15. Anthony Watson

14. Jack Wilson

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Ben Tapuai

11. Aled Brew

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Henry Thomas

4. James Phillips

5. Elliott Stooke

6. Matt Garvey (c)

7. Paul Grant

8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Michael van Vuuren

17. Lucas Noguera

18. Max Lahiff

19. Levi Douglas

20. Josh Bayliss

21. Kahn Fotuali’i

22. Freddie Burns

23. James Wilson

Bath85
Bath85 (IP Logged)

Re: Team's up
04 January, 2018 12:14
Pretty good considering all the injuries, good to see Baylis on the bench..

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:18
Really surprised Freddie isn't getting a start.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:19
Relieved to see JJ & Tapuai are playing but why is TB not rotating the fly-halves more? Priestland hasn’t exactly set the world alight in the past two games & FB seems to be being sidelined. If we can get our defence back on track we should be able to put up a decent performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 12:20 by Bath Hammer.

Bryan Allen
beastieboy (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:23
Just can't understand why Freddie Burns isn't playing, his flair is desparately needed to get us playing some decent attacking rugby.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:29
Can't see us winning this one. Way too many players missing.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:36
Quote:
beastieboy
Just can't understand why Freddie Burns isn't playing, his flair is desperately needed to get us playing some decent attacking rugby.

Something going on behind the scenes. It is crazy to keep flogging Rhys. Besides, a game on an artificial pitch is made for Freddie's attacking skills.

Bit surprised Phillips is starting over Douglas, otherwise looks a decent team.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:38
Based on looking at both teams possession stats there might be 20 minutes with the ball just sitting there on the pitch with both teams looking at it

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:47
Worcester: 15 Chris Pennell, 14 Bryce Heem, 13 Jackson Willison, 12 Ryan Mills, 11 Josh Adams, 10 Sam Olver, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 GJ van Velze, 7 Sam Lewis, 6 David Denton, 5 Will Spencer, 4 Donncha O’Callaghan (c), 3 Gareth Milasinovich, 2 Jack Singleton, 1 Ethan Waller
Replacements: 16 Joe Taufete’e, 17 Ryan Bower, 18 Simon Kerrod, 19 Darren Barry, 20 Alafoti Faosiliva, 21 Michael Dowsett, 22 Jamie Shillcock, 23 Perry Humphreys

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:52
Good to see Taps back in the mix. I thought he was superb against Toulon at home so glad he's back starting.

Glad as well that Bayliss and Douglas are being given chances, albeit surprised as well that Douglas isn't starting ahead of Phillips. He probably adds more dynamism from the bench though.

Really wanted Freddie to start this game. Rhys has been consistent but this is the sort of game where someone like Freddie with his running game on a quick pitch could really test a faltering Worcester defence and give us something to go forward with. If he's not starting and we aren't firing after 45/50 minutes I hope they bring him on early enough to get into the game and make a decent impact at least.

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:55
Maybe the plan is to run Rhys into the ground before he disappears to Wales duty and then give Freddie a nice long run over the 6N period (and hopefully get him restablished)

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:57
As BathMatt states there must be something going on behind the scenes with Burns. Real shame I personally think he is class and has that X factor that RP lacks. I suppose given our recent limited gameplan RP more suited.

I hope this does not lead to Freddies departure from the club, he is not going to be content to keep the bench warm.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 12:59
Given how poorly RP played last week I can't believe FB isn't starting.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:17
Well that's a quality back line, all international class if you include Cook as an U20 and agree with FB supporters. Front row all on England radar and should have the edge but back 5 much less experienced than Wuss. We must win all our set pieces and compete ferociously at the breakdown. If Hougaard is allowed to dictate the pace of the game it's going to be a long, tough night. No ball = no win imho...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:42
Have a feeling this one will be as tough as the last time we visited. Will take a good performance to beat this Wuss team. Can't understand not starting FB for this one, though looking at other comments nobody seems to be able to!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:50
TB seems quite happy to rotate pretty much any position except for the 10. Totally bizarre

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:55
..and what about Josh Lewis? He looked pretty good when I saw him last and he's not mentioned in the injuries?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 13:55
Quote:
OutsideBath
TB seems quite happy to rotate pretty much any position except for the 10. Totally bizarre

It's written into his contract, they used Mike Ford's as a template

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 14:58
Quote:
woodpecker
Based on looking at both teams possession stats there might be 20 minutes with the ball just sitting there on the pitch with both teams looking at it

Ha! You surely don't defend as much as we do!!

To be fair we were better last week against Sarries. Gave everything we could to Irish, but they did absolutely nothing with it.

See you tomorrow night. Should be a good game.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:05
I was never happy about how little RP was used but now it seems that instead of rotation FB is in the same position RP was in. You have to keep payers involved & motivated which doesn’t seem to be happening. It’s difficult to understand why FB was signed bearing in mind how well he finished last season. I don’t subscribe to the “something happening behind the scenes” theory though. He could be carrying a minor niggle.

terracehugger
terracehugger (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:21
Blackadder has lost it!

Sticking with Priestland is completely nonsensical taking into account his recent efforts.

So frustrating to have FB sidelined in favour of someone who is nothing more than a one-dimensional postman, simply passing on a parcel. No flair, no leadership and lacking any form of incisive play making.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:21
It feels more like you don't just change your 10 because the team had a bad day. I'm not sure you can apply a horse for course approach to your 10 either.

If I'm honest, Burns has yet to demand a shirt. I've never been that excited by Rhys, but he looks the same 10 he always has done.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:23
Burns hasn't exactly been given a propertunity in the last couple of godawful performances.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:36
I think that's probably the privilege of the incumbent. Maybe that's part of the problem.

I'm not sure we've got the balance right at 10 for quite a while now. We've had pairs of players that are similar in status: FB-RP, GF*-RP, GF-TH

* ok, younger, but clearly on similar if not higher status even if you take the dad out of the equation.

I don't think we can keep them happy, nor is it useful to, it leaves a big void in the future. I think we should go for master-apprentice pattern. But that means having a master who is happy to sit back and mentor and only play the games he's asked to.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 15:46
Quote:
DanWiley
It feels more like you don't just change your 10 because the team had a bad day. I'm not sure you can apply a horse for course approach to your 10 either.
If I'm honest, Burns has yet to demand a shirt. I've never been that excited by Rhys, but he looks the same 10 he always has done.

But you do need to rest your 10 every now and then, bad day or not.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:12
Sure, but is that what we're really complaining about?

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:20
Quote:
TerraceHugger
Sticking with Priestland is completely nonsensical taking into account his recent efforts.

Unless of course Bath win with a BP and Rhys plays a blinder in which case it was an inspired management decision.

I have no issue with Rhys starting this week although I did think it was strange that Freddie was the only sub not used last week, particularly given we were playing catchup in the final 20 mins. Has a slight aroma of something in the relationship between Todd and Freddie not being rock solid.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:21
Quote:
DanWiley
Sure, but is that what we're really complaining about?

Its more confusion that complaint I think? It just seems odd (to me at least) to not rotate our 10 when he has played a lot recently and we have really good replacement(s) - after all FB isn't even coming on as sub and Josh Lewis is nowhere to be seen.

I guess the question DW is whether you would play RP for 80 mins every week if you were the manager (or whatever they are called these days). I wouldn't. Mind you if he gets overplayed he will pull something before too long and the decision will have been made.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 16:52
Regardless of who TB has picked unless he has come up with a better plan than he had against Exe, Sale and Wasps we will lose.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 17:00
I'm not sure I'd like to be in the place we are at all with 10s, but from what I can see:

RP started Wasps, Sale, Toulon (*2), now Wuss
FB started Exter, Irish, Quins, Tiggers, Irish(again)

I think the playing 80 min is a bit of a red herring. Both from a rest and an opportunity point of view, I don't think it provides much of either.

Would I play a player 80 min 5 games on the bounce? Possibly, if they were fit.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 17:37
Several ex BBW players there for Wuss spells danger

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 18:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
..and what about Josh Lewis? He looked pretty good when I saw him last and he's not mentioned in the injuries?

Agreed, not clear why he is overlooked, is it because management are down in numbers? One of the few inside backs to make a line break IIRC.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 19:32
Travelling in hope more than expectation. Evenly matched teams, they look better in some areas, we shade some. Think with home advantage and how we seem to perform on artificial surfaces that they will get the win. Hope I’m wrong!

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:11
A sense of foreboding fills me for this match. Wors by 10.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:18
We're away from give against a tidy squad. We'll do very well to get a result. I think we can and I hope we will, but I'm not sure the odds favour us.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:35
Skybet has us by 3 interestingly. Hougaard, Spencer and that young welsh winger are really on form at the moment. If Hougaard wasn’t there I would fancy us to win, with him there it will be tough.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:41
Oh perleez, it’s Worcester we is Bath.
Bath by 12.

SQUAWK

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:49
Quote:
BathMatt53
Skybet has us by 3 interestingly. Hougaard, Spencer and that young welsh winger are really on form at the moment. If Hougaard wasn’t there I would fancy us to win, with him there it will be tough.

It will be interesting to compare Hougaard and Cook, I'd swap in an instant!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 20:59
Quote:
Bathpatriot
A sense of foreboding fills me for this match. Wors by 10.

You are BathOvalBaller, I claim my £5.

Bath to play a game commensurate with their skill and experience. Bath by 7.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 21:38
Freddie is busy posting@#$%&on twitter every twelve seconds...

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 21:40
We're playing away, on a plastic pitch, against a team with some form, a seriously good SH and presenting danger where we're most vulnerable.
Wuss to win, Bath to get a LBP; perfectly possible that both teams get a TBP.

Equally, if we can get in Olver's face and rattle him, that could easily swing it our way - definitely their weak link.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 21:42 by Which Tyler.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 21:46
Quote:
sid the seagull
Oh perleez, it’s Worcester we is Bath.
Bath by 12.

SQUAWK

Oh dear

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 21:54
We are mentally awful. We're mentally even worse on a plastic pitch. Our injuries are ridiculous. This is a game we absolutely have to win and I absolutely don't believe we will.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 22:26
Quote:
dannyf2

His last post was 17.55 yesterday! Fake comment!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 22:37
Such pessimism amongst the Bath faithful, most predicting a loss by at least 10, and best we can hope for is a LBP.

This is against a side who have rarely risen above mid table, although they have recently shown great ability with ball in hand on the attack. Also they have had a change of coach only 2 weeks ago and I don't hear Worcester fans whingeing. As for blaming a plastic pitch which other sides can and we have played on for at least 3 seasons now, it shows the depths Bath have fallen to, again. Even after a good start to the campaign. Pathetic and lets hope the Bath players can show some real resolve and get a desperately needed win. I never thought it before, but this game will define our season. How the mighty have fallen and if anyone seriously think we are top 4 material are frankly dellusioned and a top 6 is going to be a stretch.

I am not going to say by how many, but Worcester will win at a canter and we will get nothing unless we have a totally different mind set, show better basic skills and display this on the field for 80 minutes.

C'mon you Bath. Travelling with a hope that a pink pig will be seen flying over Six Ways.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 22:51
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Such pessimism amongst the Bath faithful, most predicting a loss by at least 10, and best we can hope for is a LBP.

There is a general pessimism, but only one person suggested a loss by 10, and several think we can win if we play well. But as you like.

I think we’ll win as I don’t subscribe to the “we played badly last week so it’s inconceivable that we’ll do anything but play badly this week”.

Stuart

Former ed.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

04 January, 2018 22:58
Let's hope the necessary all round improvements are implemented (as we are told have been discussed at length by the players and coaches) to produce the result we all crave. It is a huge stretch of the imagination for that to happen but I live in hope.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 00:15
In theory we could win the next 9 games if we play to our potential and maybe keep hold of the frigging ball. I’d like to caveat that the ‘if’ in there should be in 72 point, bold and underlined. Maybe 48 point for the ‘could’ as well.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 01:53
20 injured players

Attwood, Auterac, Batty, Catt, Charles, Charteris, Ellis, Ewels, Faletau, Knight, Louw, Palma-Newport, Perenise, Underhill, Walker, Banahan, Clark, Homer, Rokoduguni and Williams.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 05:12
Quote:
ballsout
20 injured players
Attwood, Auterac, Batty, Catt, Charles, Charteris, Ellis, Ewels, Faletau, Knight, Louw, Palma-Newport, Perenise, Underhill, Walker, Banahan, Clark, Homer, Rokoduguni and Williams.

Well all know this BO but it doesn’t help us win this game to keep driving home what talent we don’t have available. TB isn’t blaming injuries and I don’t think that we should get transfixed by them either. Quite a few of the above wouldn’t be in the team even if available (Auterac is distinctly 3rd choice now, Jeff Williams was getting a game when fit etc.).

The team we have out is a good one and well capable of winning IF as said above they play smart as well as accurately.

COYB!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 07:44
What the heck, Bath by 1 with a scrappy performance with lots of kicking and a last minute penalty to seal the deal.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 08:05
Quote:
OutsideBath
What the heck, Bath by 1 with a scrappy performance with lots of kicking and a last minute penalty to seal the deal.

I would take that, a (any) win is essential to get our season back on track.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 08:11
Having 20 players out injured does not just affect selection but also how well you train - who do you play contact against, getting all those timings right?

Not moaning about it is to TB's credit but that doesn't diminish the impact.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 08:43
Quote:
B4thB4ck
Having 20 players out injured does not just affect selection but also how well you train - who do you play contact against, getting all those timings right?

Agree, the impact will be significant. Dwelling on it doesn't help us at 7:45 tonight though.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 09:02
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Let's hope the necessary all round improvements are implemented (as we are told have been discussed at length by the players and coaches) to produce the result we all crave. It is a huge stretch of the imagination for that to happen but I live in hope.

Given the up and down performances of the team this season, a good result tonight is entirely possible.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 09:05
I would really like to be positive & considering how well we defended against Toulon there is every reason to be so. However, whilst not every one of that long list of injured players is vital to the cause the team is weakened without any of Louw, Faletau & to a lesser extent Underhill. Mercer, especially, & Grant are good at finding openings & Garvey always gives 100% but they are collectively less imposing without any of the above which means we go for even longer periods without the ball. Added to that we seem to have more lapses of concentration against “lesser” teams. I hate to say it but it is so much like how West Ham are currently playing (Sm77)

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 10:06
I am going to continue being optimistic in the fact of pessimism on here. BoB you nearly fooled me into thinking you were going to make a positive estimation of the score but then stated we would lose at a canter... I did chuckle though.

Personally I think if we can contain Hougaard and pressure Olver then this game is there for us to take. They have a change in coach and although have had some improved results we have equally played well at times and if nothing else played with guts and commitment when we have been down.

Bath to win but it will be a close game I suspect. FB to come on and setup/score a cracking try to steal us a win by 5 points or so!!

We will probably defend out the game for the last 5 minutes though and everyone will scream on here about how we nearly THREW IT ALL AWAY etc etc etc whilst neglecting that we got a good away win (Sm100)....

COME ON YOU BATH!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 10:18
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
B4thB4ck

Agree, the impact will be significant. Dwelling on it doesn't help us at 7:45 tonight though.

I won't be able to dwell on it, I will be listening to the radio commentary trying to work out where the heck the ball is on the pitch... (yes, I know, in the hands of the opposition).

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 10:47
Quote:
B4thB4ck

I won't be able to dwell on it, I will be listening to the radio commentary trying to work out where the heck the ball is on the pitch... (yes, I know, in the hands of the opposition).

Correct, running it back for another kick off after our latest conversion?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 11:05
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
dannyf2

I don't believe you unless you include links, and not just links to his last tweet, but categorically proof that he hasn't even looked at Twitter, or Facebook, or Snapchat, or any other form of social media, even if logged in in invisible mode.
Without that, your assertion can be ignored in favour of my personal and severe bias that he's been Game and blinding all night in lieu of eating or sleeping.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 17:53
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
dannyf2

Lol

Seriously though - his twitter antics make me cringe so badly!

Sam_R43
Sam_R43 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 18:20
Any word on went Banahan might be back?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 18:26
After the end of this season, never!

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 19:26
Any predictions ? Obviously a tough game tonight and I am hoping for a win but (Sm18) so for a change I am predicting a 22 point draw (Sm42) with Taps scoring !

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 21:34
Quote:
Rawce
In theory we could win the next 9 games if we play to our potential and maybe keep hold of the frigging ball. I’d like to caveat that the ‘if’ in there should be in 72 point, bold and underlined. Maybe 48 point for the ‘could’ as well.
1/9

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 21:39
Quote:
Old Bath Tub
Any predictions ? Obviously a tough game tonight and I am hoping for a win but (Sm18) so for a change I am predicting a 22 point draw (Sm42) with Taps scoring !

Glad to say I got that score wrong ! Well played Bath

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

05 January, 2018 21:46
I got it wrong as well as I predicted we would win 20-27. Damn it Bath you've ruined my Prediction League margin!

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 01:32
Ahem . . .

Bath by 12? (Balllsooo whatever)

The team that goes into a game thinking they will loose probably will.

The supporter who, .maybe is a far weirder concept.

LOVE TO EVERYONEE peck

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 20:27
Quote:
shipwrecked

Still feel that way SW? (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

On another note, Andy Goode thinks that Tigers shouldn’t have swapped Freddie for George, rather they should have kept him and spent Ny cash difference on forwards. Hard to disagree tbh.

[www.rugbypass.com]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 22:15
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
shipwrecked

Still feel that way SW? (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

On another note, Andy Goode thinks that Tigers shouldn’t have swapped Freddie for George, rather they should have kept him and spent Ny cash difference on forwards. Hard to disagree tbh.

[www.rugbypass.com]

Yep, Proved foolish, having said Cook doesn't make breaks he proved me wrong there as well. Still think Hougaard is a class act though.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 22:21
They both proved most of us wrong to be fair. Todd is drooling over Cook in the chron, and rightly so. Very pleased for the lad.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 23:00
He played brilliantly, as in fairness did Kahn when he arrived. The challenge (as has been the case for most of the last 20 years) will be to see if they can back that performance up consistently.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 08:35
Interesting to see the change in game plan when Khan came on.

Cooke almost only kicked in defence. Khan frequently used the box kick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net