rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Other weekend games
06 January, 2018 16:39
Saints playing much better but Mallinder having a Ďmare with the boot. So, heís not a 10 and not a 15...12 it is?

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Re: Other weekend games
06 January, 2018 16:42
Not good enough in defence for 12.

Could play him at 10 with Francis at 12 to do the kicking duties.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 16:43
Come on Saints!!!

Montyuk
Montyuk (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 16:46
Good result by Saints... Glaws with a LBP though.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

Thank you Saints!

Mallinder has all the physical attributes, but hates tackling, and is mentally not at the races.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

I thought that Christmas was over, but with us smashing Worcester and our hairy knuckled neighbours up the M5 losing at the death? What an awesome weekend!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 16:49
Again - such a brilliant, brilliant league! Looking at the scores all 3 games appear to be within a score going into final minutes. A reminder from Twelvetrees of his brainf@rtable nature - came on with 20 to go to calm it down and close it out and ended up helping them to blow it with 3 terrible decisions.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 16:54
Quote:
Optimist
Again - such a brilliant, brilliant league! Looking at the scores all 3 games appear to be within a score going into final minutes. A reminder from Twelvetrees of his brainf@rtable nature - came on with 20 to go to calm it down and close it out and ended up helping them to blow it with 3 terrible decisions.

It wasnít the fault of 36, it was all down to the ref (according to the Glos board). No idea why Glos didnít take the pen points earlier but Iím loving that they didnít. Well done Saints!

Totally agree about the league Opti, with Tigers and Quins just leading at the end, a score could have changed any of the 3 games. Awesome league.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 16:55 by BathMatt53.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:00
Marler - moronic thug.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:02
Marler - that was disgraceful. He needs (another) long ban.

Time for Beno to step up in the 6N?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:04
Quote:
Optimist
Marler - moronic thug.

No, heís just Ďedgyí and misunderstood...(you are of course correct, he is the end of a bell).

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:14
Quote:
BathMatt53
I thought that Christmas was over, but with us smashing Worcester and our hairy knuckled neighbours up the M5 losing at the death? What an awesome weekend!

Thought Glos were a bit unfortunate, hate to say it of a club like that but Glos really are a pretty good team.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:21
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53

Thought Glos were a bit unfortunate, hate to say it of a club like that but Glos really are a pretty good team.

Wash your mouth out OB.

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:25
Today's results leave us in 5th, 4 points ahead of Sale in 6th.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:27
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53

Wash your mouth out OB.

Apologies it was a moment of madness!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 17:33
Quote:
VinceJ
Today's results leave us in 5th, 4 points ahead of Sale in 6th.

Yes, annoying that they sneaked it with the last kick of the game.

D s & t dad
D s & t dad (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 18:23
Could anyone please tell me what Marler did

BBWBaaBaa
BBWBaaBaa (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 18:27
Shoulder charge into player's head at a ruck, is what it looked like.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 18:31
Yes, sent off for dumb and dangerous play. How many cards and bans can one man pick up in a season?

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 18:33
Ioane did really well not to react!

D s & t dad
D s & t dad (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 18:36
Thanks for the info

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 19:08
I thought he led with his forearm and smashed his elbow into the Sale player's head.

Maybe he mistook him for Steve Diamond?

by
by (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 19:32
[twitter.com]

Video of it above

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 19:49
Doesnít look any better when watched again does it? He wasnít happy about something earlier but he canít expect to do that and not get a ban.

MESSAGES->author

06 January, 2018 21:24
Watched the Glaws game on BT earlier. Did anyone else notice a Nest of Glaws fans just before kick off, with what appeared to be a Bath fan clearly joining in the ďGlawsterrr, GlawsterrrĒ chant. It mustíve been a Glaws fan wearing a Bath shirt as some kind of bet, but made me feel quite ill.

BBWBaaBaa
BBWBaaBaa (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 21:30
Apparently he was doing Missionary work!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

06 January, 2018 21:52
Sent out as a cultural attache.

Probably community service.

Never In Doubt
Never In Doubt (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:16
Ridiculous amount of booing at the Ricoh directed at both Farrell as a goal kicker and Barnes as the referee. Not great after only 15 mins.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:19
Could be a bit of a classic, and looking like the right result for us. Good weekend all round!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:22
I have seen ploughed fields in better condition, have their had a concert or something?

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:23
Pitch is in a shocking state.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:34
Billy V been picking up tips from Phillips? Sarries back to being Sarries.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:34
Agree the booing is poor form.

That being said Wayne is having a bit of a shocker with the whistle from what I've seen so far.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:38
Newcastle spanking Exeter early on! Wonder if they can sustain it?

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:40
Oops - all up in the air now. Wasps coming back against 13-men

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:45
Sarries press self-destruct button. Awesome player that Farrell is, he is getting a bit of a reputation for high tackles?

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:46
Quote:
Dorset Boy

Coventry played a 3rd round FA Cup tie there yesterday...

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:52
Newcastle increasing lead at half time

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 15:55
Quote:
Clarkey3k
Quote:
Dorset Boy

Coventry played a 3rd round FA Cup tie there yesterday...

Even so, it is in a dreadful state.

Interesting end to the half. Burger should have been yellowed 30 secs earlier, and Farrell was the petulant prat that surfaces less frequently now.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:00
Wayne lax again there. Rhodes should have had yellow too - no attempt to tackle low, and then deliberate offside.....

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:09
Yet another high hit from Sarries!

Cips's line kicking is really poor today, making very little ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 16:10 by Dorset Boy.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:30
BP Sarries. Unfortunately Wasps just too many injuries to counter the Saracens anti rugby.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:41
Sarries are just muscling their way through, I swear they sign players by mass? I have nothing in particular against them but I do admit I find them pretty dull to watch...

Awesome result for Newcastle! Even denied Exe a losing bonus...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 16:47 by BathMatt53.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:48
Sarries play excellent rugby but I just canít stand them. I think itís becasuae they suck the life out of the game and then make it look like theyíre an attractive positive side by scoring tries when theyíve bludgeoned the opposition to death. Good win for them though.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:53
But Newcastle could never beat Exeter, they're table proposes only, whilst Exeter could never reduce themselves to losing, even away, to Newcastle.

Quite honestly though, this league is so competitive now,it's great to see,and long may it continue that any team can beat any other, mostly without needing the opponents to play poorly.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 16:54 by Which Tyler.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 16:58
Reality check form Exeter.....

and Wasps.....

Oh and Worcs!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:03
7 points divides 3rd and 9th! Very competitive!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:05
If Exeter had worn loafers instead of boots they would have won.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:07
Heard there was a lack of grunt from Ex today.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:08
Quote:
Beergoggles
BP Sarries. Unfortunately Wasps just too many injuries to counter the Saracens anti rugby.

Sarries scored 5 tries, hardly anti rugby.

Can't stand Exe, but dislike Falcons even more since they appointed a cheat as head coach.

southgate
southgate (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:08
I switched from listening to radio Newcastle to listening to radio Devon ,very funny how commentators see the game.Newcastle incensed at some of the second half ref decisions Devon putting a spin on losing .😀

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:12
Quote:
Beergoggles

Then you say.........

"Sarries play excellent rugby but I just canít stand them. I think itís becasuae they suck the life out of the game and then make it look like theyíre an attractive positive side by scoring tries when theyíve bludgeoned the opposition to death. Good win for them though."

Yet Sarries score 2 tries in first 10 mins or so. Suck the life out of the game quickly then!!!!!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 17:34
We get it DB, you like them! I would much rather watch games between other teams in the league for my Sunday afternoon fare. Just my personal view, they are clearly extremely successful.

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 18:01
Quote:
BathMatt53
We get it DB, you like them! I would much rather watch games between other teams in the league for my Sunday afternoon fare. Just my personal view, they are clearly extremely successful.
Fully agree. This despite the fact that I like the team dynamic and have a high regard for Mark McAlll they are usually quite dull to watch. I wouldn't worry to much, it's still better than we were under Gary Gold.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 18:08
Have you guys actually watched Saracens in the last 2-3 years? They're really not the team they used to be.

RAEBURN SHIELD

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 18:16
Quote:
Which Tyler
Have you guys actually watched Saracens in the last 2-3 years? They're really not the team they used to be.

Yes, which is why we were commenting! Iím sure everyone has one team that leaves me cold, jealously probably.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 19:12
Sarries have expanded their game over the last couple of years.
Exeter are dull to watch and really strangle the life out of sides, clearly with the exception of Falcons. Maybe they lost their grunt on the A1.

Barnetsarrie12
Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 19:17
Quote:
Which Tyler

I really don't think people have done Which Tyler. We were very dull in the past, very dull but we have not been very dull in the last 2-3 years like you have stated. I don't know how anyone who watched the game today can say were dull or the sarries in the last 2 years especially. We played some good stuff and scored some very good tries.

Perception is not always reality and it seems for some people regarding sarries it will always be the same, heck the leicester board people still accuse us of having mostly south africans in our team even though we produce more players for England than anyone and our academy in recent years has churned out Itoje, Earle and now Isiekwe so just add boring rugby to the list of worn out cliches that don't really apply to the sarries team of 2018.

BTW, good win at worcester on friday, you guys played some fantastic stuff in defense and on attack and good luck for friday and the rest of the season

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 19:27
Was a great game and really enjoyed watching it today. Sarries were superb and was nice to see Wasps blown away like they were in the first quarter.

Olde Lagge
Olde Lagge (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 20:24
I used to have an issue with Saracens and their style of play. No longer. They are both pragmatic and show attacking flair, when appropriate. Superb side. And I would prefer Farrell at 10 for England compared to Ford... at the moment... based on form, which, when you consider Hartley, is not one of Eddie's criteria.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 20:27
Either Vunipola on the charge is a fine sight - and they don't get red carded!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 20:30
The issue then being, who would be at 12? Not Tíeo or Manu on form...Slade seems to be a bit nervous when playing for England, is
Alex Lozowski really the future England 12 regular?

I guess maybe Farrell cloning is the order of the day (as long as he learns to stop trying to take peoples heads off).

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 20:33
Eddie won't change the Ford Farrell combo.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 20:45
I'm not sure why you'd change a winning combination? Particularly when there isn't an obvious improvement.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 21:40
Quote:
DanWiley
I'm not sure why you'd change a winning combination? Particularly when there isn't an obvious improvement.

You would obviously want an established replacement if Farrell got injured or suspended though.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 21:50
Now you're talking about the 3/4 sub from the bench, who I would expect to be Slade. (Teo's form is not good enough this season).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2018 22:14 by Boldangrey.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 21:58
As we all know ford is good behind a strong pack anyway. His form for Tigers is largely irrelevant?

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 22:30
Quote:
Which Tyler

Er yes ... this thread is about this weekendís games. Wouldn't it be a bit odd to comment on how Sarries weíre playing 3 years ago ?

They play some very effective Rugby and win a lot of games but I donít find them enjoyable to watch. Probably because the focus on blitz defence removes all the space and focuses on stopping the other team playing rather than their own game. I suspect having Alex Sanderson as the face of Sarries doesnít help either.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 22:50
To be fair I am always happy to watch Liam Williams play, itís those unexpected moments that make it so fun to watch rugby. Thatís why I would rather watch sinoti sinoti than Chris Wyles, kyle eastmond than Brad Barritt and Leone Nakarawa than Kruis. Wigglesworth is so amazingly accurate with his box kicks, but whereís the fun in that? (Sm23)

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

07 January, 2018 22:53
Quote:
Dave Berko
Quote:
Beergoggles

Then you say.........

"Sarries play excellent rugby but I just canít stand them. I think itís becasuae they suck the life out of the game and then make it look like theyíre an attractive positive side by scoring tries when theyíve bludgeoned the opposition to death. Good win for them though."

Should have said effective rather than excellent. Works very well but brings me no joy, canít imagine many Sarries fans give a *** about what a Bath fan thinks after a good away win at Wasps though.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 15:40
Looks like thatís what caused the Marler payback - both cited.

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:08
I have to say I thought Sarries were great on Sunday and played with real attacking intent whilst maintaining that aggressive defence for which they are famed for.

Their first two tries for examples were the perfect match of grunt and skill. Farrell with a delicious ball over the top of the defenders following some good carrying. Then Tolofua with a speculative but nice over the head tap down to Goode to canter in and score down the side! They also didn't stop playing once the match was beyond Wasps and I appreciate that as the Sarries of old would have been happy to see out a 3 point win if they had to at times!

Wasps lacked any sting for me and really should have done better given the 2 man advantage after half time but Saracens once again proved they have the tactical nouse as well as physical specimens up front. Their full strength pack is really something to behold and what a difference having Billy V and Itoje back makes! Great timing for England in the 6N!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:10
Also, Marler - what a DONKEY! No need for that at all given how Ioane wasn't even affecting the ruck. Must have seen red big time prior to seeing red in another way!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:19
Quote:
BathMatt53
kyle eastmond than Brad Barritt (Sm23)

There was one very telling moment when Sarries were attacking left to right, and once again it foundered on Barrett's inability to get a pass away when under the remotest pressure. From the next phase, they went left to right again and Itoje and one other forward both flipped away instant take and give passes with tacklers right in their faces to create space for the last man. It's not that i wouldn't have a player like Brad at club level - his courage is astonishing. But a professional inside centre who can't get a pass away unless he has 3-4 seconds to arrange the ball in his hands is a wonder to behold.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:24
Quote:
Big Dog
Also, Marler - what a DONKEY! No need for that at all given how Ioane wasn't even affecting the ruck. Must have seen red big time prior to seeing red in another way!

As pointed out by Bathmatt53 on another thread in retaliation with Ioane who was also cited. Fine balance between being "edgy" and "stupid". I doubt it will affect his selection as EJ likes a bit of needle!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:05
It will affect his selection until the 9th June as I can see him getting a decent ban given his prior record. Of course it really opens up the 6N door for Beno if he performs in the next couple of matches.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 17:30
Quote:
BathMatt53
It will affect his selection until the 9th June as I can see him getting a decent ban given his prior record. Of course it really opens up the 6N door for Beno if he performs in the next couple of matches.

Good point Matt, particularly if Eddie likes a character seems he was a hit at England training.

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 13:55
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Big Dog

As pointed out by Bathmatt53 on another thread in retaliation with Ioane who was also cited. Fine balance between being "edgy" and "stupid". I doubt it will affect his selection as EJ likes a bit of needle!

There's retaliation and there's waiting 5 minutes to do it - Ioane allegedly struck him in the 53rd minutes, Marler took him out in the 58th. That makes it pre-meditated and a bigger ban?

There ain't no Sanity Clause

large
To Mega Therion (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 15:14
Quote:
Beergoggles
.... Saracens anti rugby.

I am genuinely intrigued as to what you mean by "anti rugby." Please do explain for the uninitiated like myself.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 21:55
6 weeks for Marler, reduced from 7 because he pleaded guilty and because he's been nice since it happened.

There ain't no Sanity Clause

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 22:30
Makes no odds to Quins I guess. He has more lives than a cat. Would have thought he was growing out of that sort of thing now, maturing a bit. Either that or he just doesnít think. Silly man.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 23:33
Quote:
To Mega Therion
I am genuinely intrigued as to what you mean by "anti rugby." Please do explain for the uninitiated like myself.

Rugby is about creating space, dominating the collision, securing go forward ball. Sarries aggressive defence focused Ďanti rugbyí takes the space away from the opposition, forces the mistake, envelops them in a defensive net, pushes them backwards, and ultimately sucks the life out if the attacking side and the hope from their supporters. Itís incredibly effective but is pretty much the polar opposite of how Wasps play the game.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 00:18
Quote:
Beergoggles
Quote:
To Mega Therion

Rugby is about creating space, dominating the collision, securing go forward ball. Sarries aggressive defence focused Ďanti rugbyí takes the space away from the opposition, forces the mistake, envelops them in a defensive net, pushes them backwards, and ultimately sucks the life out if the attacking side and the hope from their supporters. Itís incredibly effective but is pretty much the polar opposite of how Wasps play the game.

Good explanation BG, Sarries have a thread on this on their site, be interesting to see what they make of it.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 07:49
I do find it funny that people try to tell me that (a) I havenít watched any Sarries games (I have, they are on the TV all the time) and (b) that I actually really enjoyed watching them - I didnít, aside from the Clermont one because of Raka.

I donít dislike Sarries, I have no reason to as a club. The reasons why I find their games tedious are similar to BGs analysis and also as a neutral itís good to see a competitive game so it is completely correct that watching Sarries steamroller other teams through stifling and counter isnít going to be the greatest entertainment (for me) whilst it would be for a Sarries supporter. As an example I enjoyed saints winning in the last minutes far more than the Sunday game just because it was more exciting as a game (higher quality probably not).

[p.s I donít expect Sarries fans to care that I donít really care!]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 07:52 by BathMatt53.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 08:00
So "anti-rugby" is another word for defence?

large

10 January, 2018 09:04
Quote:
Beergoggles
Quote:
To Mega Therion

So what you mean is "defence." How dare any team have the temerity of applying it.

Reminds me of a quote from Jean-Paul Satre: ďIn football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.Ē

Finally, in case you're left in any doubt, you get nothing for style marks in this game and there is no obligation on any team to play merely for neutral fans' delectation.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k
Eparistera Daimones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 09:06 by To Mega Therion.

large

10 January, 2018 09:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
I do find it funny that people try to tell me that (a) I havenít watched any Sarries games (I have, they are on the TV all the time) and (b) that I actually really enjoyed watching them - I didnít, aside from the Clermont one because of Raka.
I donít dislike Sarries, I have no reason to as a club. The reasons why I find their games tedious are similar to BGs analysis and also as a neutral itís good to see a competitive game so it is completely correct that watching Sarries steamroller other teams through stifling and counter isnít going to be the greatest entertainment (for me) whilst it would be for a Sarries supporter. As an example I enjoyed saints winning in the last minutes far more than the Sunday game just because it was more exciting as a game (higher quality probably not).

What do you think of Exeter's attacking play? Even less expansive.A cross between rugby league before the six tackle law an the Eton Wall Game. Pick, drive, repeat ad nauseam.

Eparistera Daimones

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 09:23
Quote:
To Mega Therion
Quote:
BathMatt53

What do you think of Exeter's attacking play? Even less expansive.A cross between rugby league before the six tackle law an the Eton Wall Game. Pick, drive, repeat ad nauseam.

They defend by attacking and denying the ball and it is obviously extremely effective as they picked up try bonus points in the majority (?) of their games last year I think. Certainly their kick to touch, maul and score of a couple of seasons got pretty boring, no? Everyone loved them because of their 'plucky underdog' back story and characters like TTTE. They seem to have added more to their game now though. I actually really like watching Newcastle play tbh, yes I know they aren't as successful as either of the above. (Or New Zealand of course just because of the repeated moments of individual brilliance in between the moments of team brilliance).

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

12 January, 2018 12:59
Just checked through this thread for BovB's review of the Falcons/Chiefs match last Sunday, is it somewhere else on 'ere?

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 16:46
[www.bbc.co.uk] Billy Vunipola has broken arm

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

14 January, 2018 20:24
Quote:
To Mege Therion
So what you mean is "defence." How dare any team have the temerity of applying it.
Reminds me of a quote from Jean-Paul Satre: ďIn football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.Ē

Finally, in case you're left in any doubt, you get nothing for style marks in this game and there is no obligation on any team to play merely for neutral fans' delectation.

What Iím learning here is that some Saracens fans are incredibly condescending. Hadnít spotted that so far, mainly because I donít feel the need to visit their Board.

You learn something new every day.

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 14:50
Superb,superb performance from my brave Glasgow boys.

For Exeter- ĎOh, oh, oh, all is woe.... Ď

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:09
Chiefs out Come on Sarries and Bath

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:11
So far so good

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:20
Not sure I'm cheering for a Sarries win they're contending with us for the last spot.
I fully expect them win, and win well of course, but not wanting them to.

Or have I got the permutations wrong?

RAEBURN SHIELD

wlatavg006
wlatavg006 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:34
sarries can win but we don't want them to get a bonus point, got 2 tries so far, 25 minutes in 17.14

Olde Lagge
Olde Lagge (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:48
Don't understand how Mallinder got in Eddie's squad.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 15:49
Balls sarries are gonna get their TBP

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 16:25
Sarries have far more chance of progressing than Bath with crucial players nursing injuries. We have enough to do trying to compete in the AP.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

20 January, 2018 17:12
Saints rolled over like a wet dog

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net