rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

Try of the week
08 January, 2018 15:31

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Re: Try of the week
08 January, 2018 15:38
How the hell does Le Roux's try get in? It looks nice, but it was 15 v 13. Unless you're Wales against Australia, it's easier to score than to not score.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 15:44
Good analogy Opti! I voted for Phillips, funny to watch Pennell pushed over onto his bum, even though I like him.

Also quite nice to him do well when his transfer here was questioned.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 15:46
Quite a tough week to choose. I have voted Philips naturally but Afoa's try is a truly sublime offload from Owen Williams. Leicester may be kicking themselves for a while yet as to why they let him and Burns go and replaced them with the Fords! One is away with England 1/3 of the season and the other is no near match!

Sinoti Sinoti's is also great for that step that turns Short inside out alone! It looks to me that Sinoti doesn't have great top speed given Short does catch him back up but his acceleration and stepping is great!

Also re. the comment about Le Roux's score. I do agree on this but it's a first phase try so is still nice. I actually thought Wade nearly bombed it by running so sideways initially! Luckily he got his arms through otherwise it may have been quite embarrassing!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:07
I thought Walker's try was an absolute classic. Showed the ability to run the entire length of the pitch following a big hoof up field. What skill !

(Sm161)

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:22
It's between Philips and Afoa for me. All of rugby is contained therein. Philips' brute strength and determination. The skill of not just Williams in the offload, but Afoa picking it up from knee-height with one hand.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 16:36
As much as I should vote for a Bath player and a fellow forward, I went Sinoti for the side step and the fact that it was against Exeter!

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 18:20
Phillips for the determination aka mongrel

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 18:28
More like a rampaging hungry grizzly bear?

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 19:51
Removing the BBW misted goggles Id say Sinoti Sinoti. Power, pace, step, and strength in the finish.Though Phillips grizzly bear impression was hugely enjoyable, he was a grizzly bear being tackled by what appeared to be a couple of small squirrels with Worcester shirts on.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Beergoggles
Removing the BBW misted goggles

NEVER. EVER. DO THAT...its not safe!

Osi Umenyiora
Osi Umenyiora (IP Logged)

09 January, 2018 13:51
It's a shame the clip of Phillips' try doesn't include Lahiff's clearout just before, which makes it even more impressive as a team try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net