rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Injury Updates 16th Jan
10 January, 2018 17:54
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk] Banners and Underhill fit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2018 12:42 by Mike the Taxi.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

Re: Injury Updates 10th Jan
10 January, 2018 18:09
After last week's heroics, it'll tough on those left out, but you've got to think Underhill, Banners and Charteris will start on Friday, probably at the expense of Grant, Jack Wilson and Phillips. I'd keep James Wilson on the bench and drop Douglas and Bayliss to make space on the bench.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 18:10
So what are we looking at for Friday?

Beno, Dunn, Thomas
Charteris, Stooke
Underhill, Grant, Garvey
Cook, Rhys
Tapuai, JJ
Brew, Watson, Banners

Paz, Lahiff, VV, Philips, Mercer (should he start or come on and romp around when it opens up?). Kahn, Fred, Wilson or Wilson.

Decent!

noidea
noidea (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:23
Is Nick Autaurac injured or out of favour?

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:51
I would start with Grant purely because his tackle success rate is higher and his support play is outstanding. Bring Mercer on with half an hour to go and let him run riot. Maybe pair Charteris and Phillips at lock with Stooke on the bench as he has played virtually every game this season. Banners on the bench for me...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2018 20:55
Auterac 3rd choice with Paz joining. If Beno is called by England with Marler out then I guess he will get a chance then...before he leaves of course.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 06:40
Quote:
BathMatt53
Auterac 3rd choice with Paz joining. If Beno is called by England with Marler out then I guess he will get a chance then...before he leaves of course.

When are we expecting Nathan Catt back? Auterac is surely behind him as well in the pecking order?

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 07:05
Not certain Aurterac should be behind anyone. When he has played this season he has been very good in the set piece and pretty active around the pitch.
Not certain why he has dropped down the pecking list.
We need to rotate young props or we risk significantly shortening their careers

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 07:10
He has dropped down because Obano has been better. Paz is new but has the pedigree. I suspect the rumour that he is off doesn’t help his selection prospects. As discussed on another thread, he has never quite fulfilled his potential for me, good solid player (obviously) but just doesn’t seem to get ‘stuck in’ like Catt, Obano, Lahiff etc.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 07:58
I thought Autrac was listed as injured! For me I would think TB will be tempted to keep Phillips as he puts it he adds “Grunt” Grant has been exceptional and I wouldn’t be suprised for Underhill and Banners on the bench, Stooke deserves a rest. Come on Bath.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 08:00
Auterac was great in his first sesaon, then he cut his hair and it all went wrong from there.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 10:12
Auterac looked great in the scrum in his 1st season but that fell off a bit.
Never thought he looked that good in the loose until this season, actually. He's had some real urgency this season.
Maybe he's decided to leave so TB isn't so interested in developing him.
Maybe TB is thinking Obano might be used by England during the 6N so wants Auterac injury free.
No idea (Sm105)

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

11 January, 2018 13:07
Quote:
jayeatman
After last week's heroics, it'll tough on those left out, but you've got to think Underhill, Banners and Charteris will start on Friday, probably at the expense of Grant, Jack Wilson and Phillips. I'd keep James Wilson on the bench and drop Douglas and Bayliss to make space on the bench.

23/23. Anyone would think I'm selecting the team. Now if only predicting the result was as easy.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 17:15
16/01/18 Update. Link not on Chronicle yet - Roko may now be out until May/June, Priestland 3-4 weeks hamstring, Cook ankle means unlikely for Benetton, Clarke/Attwood/Batty currently training but not being risked and will be assessed in another 2 or 3 weeks, Knight back training, Perenise a couple of weeks away. Cook, Ewels, Louw, Faletau, Williams, KPN, Walker and Ellis just says unavailable.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 17:19

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 08:15
Interesting footnote in Chron piece:

"It was the first time in a while Shaun Knight had been seen on the pitch with the rest of the squad since injuring his next back in August."

I didn't realise he had injured his first back!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Injury Updates 16th Jan
18 January, 2018 14:47
So Obano is injured, and not available for England selection. What is wrong and when did that happen? Any idea/news on how long he is out and recovery period?

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 14:49
BoB

According to Chron, picked up a knee injury training this week at Millfield.

No dates for return given.

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

18 January, 2018 15:14
I keep reading these injury updates in the hope there must be some good news soon....

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 09:38
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to look ahead with any optimism as faint hopes of getting players back from injury are constantly thwarted by others falling by the wayside or leaving the Club entirely. Any level of the much needed consistency we are forever seeking becomes increasingly difficult to achieve.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

19 January, 2018 15:03
Just read on the BBC site Priestland has a significant hamstring tear and will probably miss all the 6 Nations.

So that takes us up to 17th March.... and then how long?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net