rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Jackson Willison
15 January, 2018 16:02
Signs for next season. Welcome to the club Jackson.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

Re: Jackson Willison
15 January, 2018 16:07
Happy with that, just the sort of player we need.

by
by (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 16:08
Good addition to our midfield but still 1 or 2 short.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 16:08

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 16:43
I really hope at some stage next season, even if it's the AWC, we name
11. Jeff Williams (JW)
12. Johnny Williams (JW)
13. Jackson Willison (JW)
14. Jack Wilson (JW)
15. James Wilson (JW)

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 16:46 by Which Tyler.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 17:28
Good. We need two more including a big 12.
Also we need a big winger.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 17:58
Sadly it seems SuperJeff maybe on the way out.
Since when did we sign Johnny Williams??
Being LI, he might be a good bet though.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 18:24
Welcome Jackson - hope you have a good run here and do the BBW proud! Look forward to seeing you in the shirt.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 18:36
They don't seem too arsed about losing him on the warriors board

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2018 18:36 by dannyf2.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 18:40
Quote:
dannyf2
They don't seem too arsed about losing him on the warriors board

A few posters don't seem arsed personally I think he is a good player and will do well for you he has a high skill set and in a team with a decent set of forwards getting him on the front foot he should open up plenty of space for your wide men. As a Worcester fan I just accept that as a club down the bottom of the league our best players leave every season so I don't get annoyed about it.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 19:09
I am in the not too bothered camp. He has had a few good games but also a few poor ones , mostly steady , not dynamic IMHO. As I have said on our site , and WBW says above, he may flourish with better platers around him.
Wish him all the best but wont be kicking the cat tonight ( even if we had one)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 20:49
As I think Iíve said on here already, good solid player, not spectacular but does the basics well and very durable.

However, arguably, if Teo and Olivier were fit he may not even make our bench - hence the mixed feelings I think. Definitely leaves with best wishes though.

MESSAGES->author
Tall Paul (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Which Tyler
I really hope at some stage next season, even if it's the AWC, we name
11. Jeff Williams (JW)
12. Johnny Williams (JW)
13. Jackson Willison (JW)
14. Jack Wilson (JW)
15. James Wilson (JW)

Jonny Wilkinson to join as our new backs coach, too?

Matt Garvey- proudly adopted for 2017-18

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 00:48
Itís a relief that we have at least signed someone though he doesnít seem to have made much of an impact at Worcester so canít get too excited. I didnít think their forwards were too bad & during their recent improved performances it has been others receiving the plaudits. What has prompted the move after only one season with them?

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 07:18
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Itís a relief that we have at least signed someone though he doesnít seem to have made much of an impact at Worcester so canít get too excited. I didnít think their forwards were too bad & during their recent improved performances it has been others receiving the plaudits. What has prompted the move after only one season with them?

Iím not sure thatís the case BH;

Jackson is mainly a 12. He is being played out of position for us (although I believe BT is as well) out of necessity. He has a fantastic skill set, and never seems to make a bad decision. I believe he is one of our very best players and think that he will do really well at Bath.
We are lucky to have two very good 12s, one place where we really do have strength in depth.
I have never seen him have a bad game.

Another poster on their board points out that in his two seasons at sixways he has made the same number of appearances as Ben Teío and Wyand Olivier combined. It sounds to me like weíve signed a robust 12 who is a super rugby winner, hopefully with some decent flyhalves to work with (an area warriors are weak) heíll go well!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 07:32
Quote:
Bath Hammer
What has prompted the move after only one season with them?

He joined in time for the 2016/17 season and had a 2 year deal, I imagine the prospect of playing in the top European competition was his main factor.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 08:33
Jeff Wilson could make a comeback.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 08:49
Quote:
JimDaff
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Iím not sure thatís the case BH;

Jackson is mainly a 12. He is being played out of position for us (although I believe BT is as well) out of necessity. He has a fantastic skill set, and never seems to make a bad decision. I believe he is one of our very best players and think that he will do really well at Bath.
We are lucky to have two very good 12s, one place where we really do have strength in depth.
I have never seen him have a bad game.

Another poster on their board points out that in his two seasons at sixways he has made the same number of appearances as Ben Teío and Wyand Olivier combined. It sounds to me like weíve signed a robust 12 who is a super rugby winner, hopefully with some decent flyhalves to work with (an area warriors are weak) heíll go well!

Hopefully youíre right JD. Iím just a bit negative at the moment, particularly upset about losing Banahan & not confident we can do better than Tapuai judging from previous experience.

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club
@Hydor18 (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 09:22
The more I think about Taps, the less concerned about him leaving I become. Yes, he's a decent player, but his strength is on hard ground, or plastic pitches, so he becomes a bit of a luxury during the season considering most of it is played when the turf is sticky and wet.

Coming from NZ, Willison should hopefully know a bit about playing on heavy pitches.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 09:40
Who?

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 09:48
It depends what you want from a 12. If you want a distributor then Taps is pretty handy. If you want a hard-runner then it's a square peg/round hole situation. He's tried manfully to play that way, but he doesn't seem like Blackaddder's ideal 12.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 09:54
Is Tapuai that great a distributor? His best interventions with ball in hand seem to me to be line-straightening. He was also touted as a big left boot, but i seem to recall some particularly aimless kicking from him last season. My general feeling is 'inconsistent' - whether that's a cause or an effect towards the team's overall inconsistency, who knows?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 10:31
I'd say handy rather than great. Mike Catt he ain't. But I don't feel we've had consistent selection or gameplan in midfield. Our attack has certainly looked better with Taps at 12 than Clark or Banas.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 10:56
I thought Clark played a full part in our early season results - or am i mis-remembering?

by
by (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 11:00
Clark was starting ahead of Tapuai during the early season IIRC.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 11:04
He certainly played a part, but other than at Tigers, I don't think it was a particularly great attacking part. Maybe my recollection is also foggy.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 11:14
He appears to be 2cm taller and 2kgs lighter than Tapuai.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 11:28
Quote:
hasta
He certainly played a part, but other than at Tigers, I don't think it was a particularly great attacking part. Maybe my recollection is also foggy.

Don't forget Clarke's age. He is the future.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 13:33
He's 22. Anthony Watson is 23 and a three-test Lion. I'm not saying Clark isn't good, or that you have to be as good as Watson, but I'd rather not pin all my hopes on him, particularly without an additional distributor in the centres alongside him.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 20:40
I stand corrected, however I see Clark as a sound club man rather than a potential Watson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net