rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Shorty Shorty iiv
Shorty Shorty iiv (IP Logged)

Cooper Vuna
15 January, 2018 17:20
Coming in to cover for Roko who looks like will be out until April...

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Re: Cooper Vuna
15 January, 2018 17:29
Source?

Shorty Shorty iiv
Shorty Shorty iiv (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 17:34
BBC...

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 17:36
Got it!

[www.bbc.co.uk]

SteveCh
SteveCh (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 17:38
Same piece on BBC Sport/Rugby Union as that saying Roko will be out for longer than expected - 4 months, not 2 - except the report says 'hoping' rather than an affirmative statement that we have signed him as injury cover.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 18:28
Poor Roko. I know he's been back at the club doing a lot of rehab recently. Real blow for him that he's out for longer than hoped.

Better to get it right though and not rush him back. Given our inconsistent form it doesn't appear we will be pushing for a home semi nor a knockout place in Europe sadly so at least gives our injured list time to recover properly!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Shadders
Shadders (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 19:25
What’s Cooper Vuna been doing since leaving Warriors though? Why did he leave?

by
by (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 19:32
"Vuna left Warriors last summer and returned to Australia but has continued to represent Tonga as he featured in their autumn tests."

I thought he left the club over the summer.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 19:54
Cooper was rumoured to be signing for Falcons but that never happened, don't know why.He is a great personality.
In his last season with Wuss he had lost a bit of pace and was suspect to hamstring pulls if my memory serves me correctly.Always a smile when he is around though.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 20:46
Pace was due to a knee injury and always looked a touch on the heavy side.

Great character to have around. He’s been working in a prison since leaving us.

Shadders
Shadders (IP Logged)

15 January, 2018 20:47
Thanks Rollo. Sounds like he might have been ‘club-less’ then. Hopefully he’s fit!

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 19:05
Chron also saying he will be signed with an option to extend. Potentially means we're not expecting to get Cokanasiga, or could be a precaution if LI somehow remain in the prem.

MESSAGES->author
FourSticks (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 19:21
What happened to the Nathan Earle to Bath rumour?

ELT
ELT (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 19:45
I believe that Earle is probably now going to Quins, presumably to replace Yarde.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 22:02
Is it me or is everyone going to Quins?

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 22:11
Quote:
shipwrecked
Is it me or is everyone going to Quins?

Probably a Care in the Community outing.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 22:18
Sharp as ever BnG!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 January, 2018 22:30
Only way they could afford it!

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 09:11
Confirmed.

Offy

Don't know much about him but glad we've moved to provide a bit more depth out wide. Goodness we miss Roko, but it seems like Vuna might be playing for a permanent contract, so sure he'll give it a lash.

What can we expect? Is he a solid Premiership player? Or, rather, should we look out for flashes of brilliance/madness in equal measure?

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 09:37
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Confirmed.
Offy

Don't know much about him but glad we've moved to provide a bit more depth out wide. Goodness we miss Roko, but it seems like Vuna might be playing for a permanent contract, so sure he'll give it a lash.

What can we expect? Is he a solid Premiership player? Or, rather, should we look out for flashes of brilliance/madness in equal measure?

From memory he was a former NRL player who converted to Union and played for Melbourne Rebels prior to going to Wuss. He's a pretty hard hitting guy and quite powerful. Possibly the Wuss supporters on here are right that he lost a touch of pace but it doesn't come back that quickly after serious knee injuries so some time out of pro rugby may have actually given him the time to mend up fully which could prove useful!

Should be a good squad addition. Also our conversion rates on resurrecting careers for wingers is 1 from 1 so far given Aled Brew has had a real resurgence since joining us on a similar type of short term contract originally. If Vuna does similarly then we could be doing well here!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 11:10
Good effort to get anyone in at this late stage in the season.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 13:14
We at Wuss loved him;it's true he's lost a bit of pace, but he can be electric. Make sure you shout his name (or Super Cooper) if he's on your touch - he loves it and will always respond.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)

17 January, 2018 14:26
He was part of the 14/15 Championship winning team for Worcester, scoring 8 tries that year after only joining in March 2015. He went on to score 9 tries in his first premiership season.

He fell out of favour with Gary Gold last year as GG preferred to back youth - Adams, Humphreys, etc, and we allowed his contract to expire. Understand he's impressed in a Tonga shirt since leaving us.

Vuna is great going forward with a decent step and monster fend. His defence was however pretty suspect, had a shocker v Gloucester away last season and didn't get a look in afterwards. He was a firm fan favourite and made a lot of effort to engage with the fans. He'll do a job for Bath and I'm glad he's found a club but he's not a long term signing by any stretch.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 12:34
Wasn’t Vuna supposed to be an injury replacement for Roko? Wonder if he will actually get near the team before Roko is back?

Bath Supporter Jack

11 February, 2018 17:08
Given the way the wingers are playing he will remain as back up

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

11 February, 2018 17:13
I guess if Banahan has tweaked a hamstring then he may be involved next weekend.

I'd quite like to see what he can do. I don't know much about him, but he looks like a slightly smaller, more explosive winger than Banahan and Brew, which could be nice to add to the backline mix.

sirtidychris
sirtidychris (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 08:02
Quote:
dr.bath1865
I guess if Banahan has tweaked a hamstring then he may be involved next weekend.
I'd quite like to see what he can do. I don't know much about him, but he looks like a slightly smaller, more explosive winger than Banahan and Brew, which could be nice to add to the backline mix.

I think every winger on the planet is smaller than banahan !

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 08:59
Nadolo shorter, definitely not smaller!

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 09:05
Having seen him watching from the west stand, I can confirm that he definitely isn't small!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net