rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Silver Traveller
Silver Traveller (IP Logged)

Unacceptable behaviour in Treviso
23 January, 2018 14:43
New poster on here though occasionally read.

I have been supporting Bath in Europe for the past twenty years and never had any problems. We were a small group some in their sixties who had booked a taxi from the ground back to Venice for 21.00. Some Bath supporters pretended to be us and took the taxi. We were left stranded in the cold and dark trying to find a way back, which in the end we did but at extra stress time and costs.

I am posting this here in the hope that someone reading was involved or knows the people involved. The least they could do is own up and apologise.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

Re: Unacceptable behaviour in Treviso
23 January, 2018 14:55
Sorry to hear that. Did the group know they were pinching your taxi or could it have been a genuine mistake? Might be useful if you posted this on the FB supporters club group, I know a lot of them were out there.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 16:03
I don't doubt the annoyance it caused, but I clicked on this thread expecting something far worse.

Silver Traveller
Silver Traveller (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 16:33
Definitely not a mistake but deliberate, the driver had a sign with my name on and they pretended to be me. The taxi company are also not happy to quote “We apologize for the poor service. Good lesson for us. As a consequence, because we don't like complaints, we will never provide in the future any service from a rugby stadium after an international match.... based on this experience it looks that people there are mostly interested to drink beer instead of supporting their team! “

Also I do not have a FB account so can not post on there.

moosehead
moosehead (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 17:58
The perils of international travel.

We've travelled to 6 Nations, World Cup and European matches with Bath and you always have to assume you are on your own if you want to survive.

International travel puts you out of your goldfish bowl. The world is not a safe place. You have been lucky to have your taxi stolen and nothing more.

Maybe you need to be a bit more savvy if you chose to travel abroad (or into Bristol).

And before you ask, no, it wasn't me!

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 19:59
Blimey some unsympathetic posters on here
Sorry to hear you Taxi was poached, that is pretty despicable behaviour by some ignorant prats
Don’t let it put you off traveling as the world is a pretty wonderful, friendly, safe place. Strangely with the odd obvious exceptions I tend to find the UK the most unsympathetic, unfriendly and hostile place around. Mind you I would still never live anywhere else

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

23 January, 2018 22:48
Would like to think that no-one who posts here regularly was involved with this fairly amoral 'me first' behaviour. But having been on a few foreign trips, nothing would surprise me.

miller8
miller8 (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 07:38
Human nature it seems, grab it whilst it's there. Like paying for a trolley at an airport turning your back on it for a few minutes whilst you get your bags and then find someone has half inched it... Genuine mistake or deliberate? Didn't get a chance to find out , leaves a bad taste though but not really worth dwelling on I'd suggest..

North5hark
North5hark (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 13:56
Quote:
ballsout
I don't doubt the annoyance it caused, but I clicked on this thread expecting something far worse.

Ballsout proving again what a prat they are. Has shown many many times that they don't know what acceptable behaviour is.

Maybe when they've eventually grown up and integrated into normal society!

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 14:48
That seemed fairly balanced for BO.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

24 January, 2018 16:54
Agreed, when I read the headline I was fearing something bringing the club into disrepute, players in a bar / trouble at 3am type of thing.

Not demeaning the stress for those stuck without transport, that is no fun at all, its just the way I read the headline and Ballsout was the same it seems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net