rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

Re: Bath vs Falcons : Match Thread
28 January, 2018 19:54
So I'm watching this game for the 1st time tonight and have reached half time. I've read this thread before I put the game on and was fully expecting the "worst game ever" - so rightly expecting to see poor ball control, knock-ons galore, kicks out on the full and not fight! But no!...

All I'm seeing is a poor line out in key positions, the scrum under pressure and a very fired up Newcastle defence (some of it outstandingly so).

We are not clueless, they are not going easy, they are just starved of the ball for much of the half and when they do get it, they are being very direct and not trying too risky a game plan in the conditions.

I think the players need to be cut a lot of slack. That was not the worst half ever!

Newcastle were on an 8 game winning streak as well - full of confidence. Even beating the mighty Exeter in that streak!

Any-ho, off to watch the 2nd 40 now. (That must be really terrible to live up to the "worst game ever")

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:03
Watching it in the rain made it seem worse than it really was probably!

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:05
Plus I know the result, so am not living every error and missed opportunity. So not the same at all. But still I've seen worse from us.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:14
Quote:
TCM2007
Quote:
BathMatt53
I think that BOB was referring to the Chron report which said that W Homer was going at the end of the season. If so it doesnít do us any good him having all this game time!

Iíve searched, but can find no Chron report saying that?

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Scroll down to 16:13

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:20
Quote:
BathMatt53
Watching it in the rain made it seem worse than it really was probably!
of course, and watching live is always more emotional than either watching on TV or watching the recording back without knowing the result.
But that doesn't mean that those watching live, on TV or in the rain, who kept their cool regardless were wrong to do so.

Personally, whenever I actually get to a game, I always like to watch the recording later, the difference is really educational.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 20:22 by Which Tyler.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:27
Agree with that WT, itís like a different game!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 20:42
I have no wish to watch that first half again, once was more than enough thanks all the same. We did talk about leaving at h/t but chose to stay until the 3rd try was scored then left. It wasn't a night to remember but seems v hard to forget...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 22:05
Quote:
BathSalmon
So I'm watching this game for the 1st time tonight and have reached half time. I've read this thread before I put the game on and was fully expecting the "worst game ever" - so rightly expecting to see poor ball control, knock-ons galore, kicks out on the full and not fight! But no!...

I think the players need to be cut a lot of slack. That was not the worst half ever!

Any-ho, off to watch the 2nd 40 now. (That must be really terrible to live up to the "worst game ever")

Salmon

I agree. And the second half actually contains a bit more good play than appeared the case watching it live. Freddie's game control comes across more strongly on TV for example and the rucks seem more contested.

The bench definitely helped. Start for Nixon & Green next week?

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

miller8
miller8 (IP Logged)

28 January, 2018 22:31
People leaving early really bugs me..... At last after many complaints we are getting PA requests for people to remain in their seats... Not sure though that will get through to the hard core of ignorant @#$%& who happily block peoples view. Pests!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 12:01
Miles Reid with a fairytale debut, looked great when he came on, getting stuck right in. Hopefully one for the future. Shame the other UoB player didn't get as much of a run out to prove his worth.

Bar one dropped ball (in very wet conditions), Darren Atkins impressed me again at fullback, some of his running was very threatening and some excellent last man tackles being put in. Is he one of the ones uncertain of his future with Bath next year?

Josh Bayliss really is an athlete too.

by
by (IP Logged)

29 January, 2018 12:24
Blackadder: ďMiles Reid really did well on his debut. I think all the management selected him as the best run-on. Thatís exactly what you want from the bench as an impact."

Great to hear.

Yes Atkins is out of contract in the summer although its fairly likely he'll be signed as we don't have much depth at FB. Sounds as though he'll be very busy during the 6N period with Watson playing for England and Tom Homer still recovering from a pectoral injury.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net