rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

JJ vs Te'o
02 February, 2018 17:52
Deleted as its a diplicate. Sorry all.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 17:53 by joethefanatic.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

Re: JJ vs Te'o
07 February, 2018 20:37
Anyone read guscott's piece in TRP? Ouch!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 20:54
[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

This one? Thought to argue against some of those points, for sure.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 21:29
Yep. Stinger. Is he laying down a challenge to JJ? I get that impression. I think he wants him to succeed.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 21:53
Thing is, he actually has a point, JJ has moved away from line breaks and does his little grubbers now.
His defence and kick chase are awesome and can't be criticised (even though A Robinson did), but his biggest asset is his elusiveness, it would be nice to see him scythe through Scott Williams, though he needs to be selected first.

PS Is this a duplicate, if so where is the other one?

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 22:06
Farrell’s try and his break leading to Ford’s try both had the look of an outside centre type of break. Those are the holes that JJ should be picking, but it doesn’t feel like he works that way with Ford and Farrell. Maybe - as JG says - he needs to be calling moves more, and ghosting from a bit deeper, picking better lines, and working harder to get back into those positions.

BathOtter
BathOtter (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 22:13
RugbyInsideLine on Twitter (of various success with transfer rumours) has Te’o signing with another club for next season. With our previous rumours, wonder if there is anything in that for us

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

07 February, 2018 22:22
Quote:
BathOtter
RugbyInsideLine on Twitter (of various success with transfer rumours) has Te’o signing with another club for next season. With our previous rumours, wonder if there is anything in that for us

Dan Evans said we couldn't meet his wage demands. Could be we've freed up some cap somewhere...

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 00:05
Quote:
shipwrecked
PS Is this a duplicate, if so where is the other one?

JJ v Te'o was being discussed in the 6N thread at the same time I posted this. smiling smiley

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 02:50 by joethefanatic.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 09:45
[www.englandrugby.com]

JJ back in the starting spot. No surprises in the team.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 09:49
That Guscott article, while not wrong, is the pottiest-kettliest thing I've read in quite some time.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 10:52
Quote:
hasta
That Guscott article, while not wrong, is the pottiest-kettliest thing I've read in quite some time.

Im guessing he ran out of time for the piece so edited an old one written about him

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 15:36
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
hasta

Im guessing he ran out of time for the piece so edited an old one written about him

Lol my thoughts too. JJ is a funny one. We've shown him massive faith through some iffy spells, including time off for personal issues etc. He has also given a huge amount - over 750 or something minutes since the lions. Never really done 'badly'- but not lived up to his tag (starting England 13, lions, player of the 6 nations etc.) in attack. Defence is always tidy.

I still reckon we've got T'eo coming... Question is whether JJ stays.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 15:42
Quote:
dannyf2
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
hasta

Lol my thoughts too. JJ is a funny one. We've shown him massive faith through some iffy spells, including time off for personal issues etc. He has also given a huge amount - over 750 or something minutes since the lions. Never really done 'badly'- but not lived up to his tag (starting England 13, lions, player of the 6 nations etc.) in attack. Defence is always tidy.

I still reckon we've got T'eo coming... Question is whether JJ stays.

My view is that it doesn't really matter too much at this time, as we see with bath, you can hardly ever count on your first 15 anyway, EJ wants 2-3 players in every position. JJ is one of them (for now) and on the day of the WC final, we'll see.

He has got room for improvement though..

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

08 February, 2018 17:10
I am as harsh on JJ as anyone but I do think as it stands he is deserving of his England place. I fear he is restrained by players inside of him a little bit for Bath particularly since we lost Devoto, Eastmond and Ford.

The season where he had the two distributors of Ford and Eastmond inside of him he was excellent and had the time and space to hit lines or make an outside break. I think he has felt like he needs to distribute too much when he is playing for us now where as before he would have been a little greedier. Admittedly this has been good at times but he is still adapting to more of a playmaking role than strike running.

JJ did look good though when he came on for Te'o I thought and has a good track record of scoring against Wales so wouldn't be surprised if he played really well Saturday!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net