rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

Gloucester Away
09 February, 2018 13:42
Hi All,

Kingsholm is somewhere I've never been-with it being my younger brothers 16th birthday coming up and him living locally to Gloucester I thought I'd get him tickets to mark the big day for the away match in April.

Do we away supporters get allocated tickets generally speaking in one stand every visit or it is spread out? I obviously want to get tickets ASAP and want to be in amongst BBW fans if at all possible but have no previous experience of how its done there.

Any help and advice appreciated, thanks.

HB

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

Re: Gloucester Away
09 February, 2018 15:31
The only time I bought tickets to Kingsholm through the Bath ticket office they were behind the posts, to the side, at the back. As poor as you could get.

Whereas buying them direct from Glaws opens up the entire ground. Though you do have to sit/stand alongside a few of theirs! Nonetheless I'd recommend the latter path.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 15:53
I would recommend you get a tape measure and check the distance between your knuckles and the ground, if its more than a foot stay away from The Shed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 15:54 by woodpecker.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

09 February, 2018 16:24
Drive there in a Range Rover and wear a waxed jacket, then you will fit the stereotype that Glos fans expect of us.

The big stand opposite the shed is best, good views, good leg room, but to be honest I think you will be lucky to get in there, have only managed it through Glos friends as demand is so high.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

10 February, 2018 00:07
We generally stand behind the posts and have an enjoyable day out. Have heard that the shed is not for the feint hearted but is an experience if you have a sense of humour and a thick skin. Definitely the time to practice Come on you Bath in the manor of Jacob Rees Mogg. Let us know how you get on (Sm100)

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 10:08
Thanks for your comments, as I imagined, going direct looks my best bet. Best dig out my finest red chords or chinos!

Is the rivalry, "banter" and atmosphere as bad as some people suggest at times in the Shed? I'm all for friendly rivalry at a match, but having read comments in the past, if I wanted anything beyond that I'd pop down the road to Aldershot for an uncomfortable, uneasy time and save myself the money...

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 10:49
Quote:
HugoBoss
Thanks for your comments, as I imagined, going direct looks my best bet. Best dig out my finest red chords or chinos!
Is the rivalry, "banter" and atmosphere as bad as some people suggest at times in the Shed? I'm all for friendly rivalry at a match, but having read comments in the past, if I wanted anything beyond that I'd pop down the road to Aldershot for an uncomfortable, uneasy time and save myself the money...
I've stood in the shed a few times, wearing my Bath shirt - even as a neutral.
The banter can be little rough at times, but is generally harmless. However, it can get a little too far as well - though I've never felt threatened ( have on the bus on the way in, but not at the ground). Equally; if anything TOO rough happens, then this is rugby, not football, the crowd won't tolerate it. Of course, "too rough" is very much subjective; they're aiming to intimidate, not to actually scare.

You can though, expect to come out smelling of spilt beer/cider - but then, that tends to happen there anyway, even if you're not wearing a Bath shirt or letting on that you're a bath fan.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net