rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

wlatavg006
wlatavg006 (IP Logged)

Toby F
11 February, 2018 20:20
Warren Gatland commented yesterday that TF is nearing full fitness but will need a run out with Bath.

Also wondering as no Six Nations next weekend if Zac Mercer will be released to play.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Toby F
11 February, 2018 22:41
I doubt if TF would be risked to play after a long term knee injury on a plastic pitch like the one at Newcastle. Maybe the following game when we are home to Sale. But probably that would be too late for inclusion in the 6 nations.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 00:06
They would probably expect us to rearrange the fixture & accept a fine then.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 00:31
Mmmmmm sounds like a plan.
Pass the pork scratchings Mabel.

IVENOIDEAEITHERHOP

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 07:25
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Luckily the single fine covered his whole contract, so they are welcome!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 07:49
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Luckily the single fine covered his whole contract, so they are welcome!

Didn't realise that Matt!

sirtidychris
sirtidychris (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 08:00
I would be surprised if Mercer was released given that Simmonds went off injured, leaving Mercer as the only fit number 8 in the squad and scrum session with Georgia coming up.

Faletau needs to not play in this years six nations please, however we may loan him to Toulon to get some game time so he can then play for Wales (and get injured)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 08:31
Didn't Robshaw cover at 8?

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 08:44
Hughes cams off the bench for Wasps yesterday so I imagine he will be in the mix in a fortnight. Jones has also said that he is hopeful Simmonds and Watson will be fit for Scotland. I would guess Mercer will be released for Friday, but with England sessions agains Georgia until at least Thursday I wouldn’t think Mercer will start for us in Newcastle even if he is available.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 11:51
I think Hughes and Simmonds will both be chosen as they have a longer break now until the next game don't they? Will hopefully mean Mercer released to us again which would be good.

Faletau also back for a game would be good though I'd be surprised if he is really that close to fitness yet given the injury he had. Don't want to have him rushed back just to play for Wales, especially after we took a big hit for them so he could play an additional AI!!
He's contracted to us primarily so let's make sure he is fully fit and not just Wales ready fit please...

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

12 February, 2018 15:44
Quote:
Big Dog
Faletau also back for a game would be good though I'd be surprised if he is really that close to fitness yet given the injury he had. Don't want to have him rushed back just to play for Wales, especially after we took a big hit for them so he could play an additional AI!!
He's contracted to us primarily so let's make sure he is fully fit and not just Wales ready fit please...

+1

Don't want him rushed back just to get fit for Wales, we certainly don't want to do Gatland any favours either.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net