rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Denton
13 February, 2018 16:40
So much for Worcester turning him around etc. after his spell with us - he's off again.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road is where I'll always be

Every stop I make, I'll make a new friend
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want settle down
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on

(rumoured to be off to Tigers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 16:52 by BathMatt53.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: Denton
13 February, 2018 17:15
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 17:37
He burst onto the scene a few years ago and made a big impact with Scotland. I was excited when we signed him but he didn't reach those earlier heights for us nor Wuss imho. Maybe Tigers will get the best out of him though they are on the crest of a slump at the moment...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 17:44
Would be a good signing for Tigers given their poor back row stocks. On his day I thought he was at times excellent for us, particularly during the 6 Nations last year where we were missing a few and he played at 7 of all places, and has been good in patches for Wuss too.

Unfortunately he is so inconsistent though that it makes it really hard to remember how good he can be when he is so average (or worse) at other times. Hope he is able to turn it around elsewhere and be the star that he has the potential to be.

Will always remember a try I think it was that he scored against Ireland in Dublin a few years back where he crashed through several people to help Scotland get a rare away win!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 17:52
I'm sure that Wuss are delighted that Tigers are continuing to drain their resources - I'm sure that they must have had significantly more than we have had from L. Irish if you add Spencer and Denton to the mix?

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 18:44
Quote:
ballsout
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is

How good does he think he is BO?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 19:13
Thought he was a panic signing by Bath when SB left and never impressed for us. Did he make any positive impression for Wuss?

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 07:26 by OutsideBath.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 19:48
Don't think he impressed much for either club, still gets selected for Scotland's bench though and looked quite useful on Saturday.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)

13 February, 2018 22:26
Decent enough going forward. Thought he was a bit of a liability defensively.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 09:13
Good at times, but capable of real howlers.

MESSAGES->author
JimDaff (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 11:43
I seem to remember he butchered a couple of really simple tries playing for us, open goal equivalents. Agree he was a knee jerk signing for us and we havenít missed him..

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 11:47
He was knocked into touch going for the line if that's what you mean? Its not like he did 'a Vesty'.

The main reason why we haven't missed him was because he was injured for the best part of a season. Grant and Z Mercer were there to fill the gap, not sure he was particularly any better than either of those.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 13:44
I think his quality is undoubted. His form is so inconsistent though over the course of 80 minutes some weeks let alone a whole season that it's impossible to say whether you think he's really good or really bad.

For all his capabilities he seems to play a little like a headless chicken at times. Other times though he can smash through 4 players and look tremendous... Difficult one to analyse as a result!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 14:50
Confirmed Tigers

[www.bbc.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 14:50
Confimed he is off to Tigers

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 16:11
With our new forwards coach coming from Briz, I hope the forwards will revert to their old mean self. Denton will be a good addition to the squad.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 16:12
Tigerb

I admire your optimism!

by
by (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 16:12
Tigers recruiting very well, Guy Thompson, Denton, Spencer, Mark Bakewell, all quality signings that will shore up their pack.

In fact, it seems all the midland teams are doing well with recruitment, Saints managing to sign Boyd and Wasps recruiting two guys on the fringes of AB selection.

Feels pretty underwhelming for Bath :/

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 16:23
Quote:
Boldangrey
Tigerb
I admire your optimism!
Someone's gotta believe in 'em lol.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 17:14
Quote:
by
Tigers recruiting very well, Guy Thompson, Denton, Spencer, Mark Bakewell, all quality signings that will shore up their pack.
In fact, it seems all the midland teams are doing well with recruitment, Saints managing to sign Boyd and Wasps recruiting two guys on the fringes of AB selection.

Feels pretty underwhelming for Bath :/

We don't need too many new signings, we need to get the ones that we have out on the field!

OBinexile
OBinexile (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 20:07
Signing Dave Attwood from Toulon for next season will be a real coup - if it happens.

OBinExile

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:57
...and Ellis much sooner than that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net