rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

Kieran Brookes
14 February, 2018 19:20
Leaving saints at end of season - Wonder if he is worth a punt - I know we have HT, AP & ML but Brookes has looked to be back to his best again and certainly looked the part last Friday at the Rec. ML can after all cover both sides of the scrum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 21:14 by Ali1969.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

Re: Kieran Brookes
14 February, 2018 20:12
Started well on Fri, but quickly ran out of gas.

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 20:46
No thanks. Very much lost his way in recent years. Not looked a shade of himself two or three years ago when Saints and he were at their strongest. Back then I would definitely have had him but I feel he has lost his way and to an extent looks to have believed the hype before he had really achieved.

I had a look today at their board to see what their feelings were and they don't seem too disheartened about the parting of ways, which for me also says a lot. It's a sad story for Saint's overall. Some big names in that side who in their title winning side were unplayable, and now look barely a shade on their former selves at times.

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:06
Nah

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:21
He'll be a good signing for someone, but only if he takes a hell of a pay cut... Which he won't because someone will offer him a starters wage

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

BathOtter
BathOtter (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:37
Take a 50% paycut, turn him into the more dynamic Shaun Knight, jobs a good un. Worked before! Gives him a year to rediscover form while AP serves out his final year...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 21:56
No thank you.

Wasn’t the talk that he’s off to Waspies anyway?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 February, 2018 23:34
Major attitude problem and from what I hear, quite lazy.

*awaits my stalker to pick holes in the above*

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 00:05
I heard something similar BO. Not the best team man and has an inflated opinion of himself I am very reliably informed.

Not for us as he would be far too expensive and not the greatest worker around the field although sound in the tight.

Why would Wasps want him with Cooper-Woolley and Moore unless one of them are leaving?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 05:52
BoB - Moore confirmed back in November that he was leaving for Ulster.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 07:08
Likely to be too expensive for us

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 08:18
Was much better in the scrum this year than last against us. Don't remember him in the loose apart from a tackle or two. Think even props should be involved in the flow of the game more these days.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 08:53
Nah not for me IMO, as said above seems to have lost his way and not fulfilled his potential...yet!. Apparently of to Coventry and joining Pest.

I'm sure TB and the club have said they have finished with recruitment for the front row for next season, so doubt Bath would have been interested anyway.

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 09:48
How about Paul Hill?
Burst onto the scene a few years back, played too much too young, and looked on course for a short-but-bright career. Is currently fit and benching at best; 22 years old.
Signed his last contract 2 years ago.

ETA: Just had a look at his game time; not as bad 2 years ago as I thought, and better this season than I thought too - so I take a fair bit of that back; whilst it also makes it less likely that he'll be unhappy where he is.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2018 09:55 by Which Tyler.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 12:12
My overriding impression was that KB had us on toast last week and we were getting given a lot of scrum time penalties until personnel changes were made on both sides. Could have been a combined front row job though.

That said, he doesn't seem to fit in any of our future plans and Wasps are the current big spenders so makes sense he goes there.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

15 February, 2018 23:08
Don’t suppose Davie Wilson will want reminding of this! [instagram.com]

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 06:58
This rumoured replacement doesn’t look too shabby though:

TRANSFER RUMOUR: Very initial stages of this rumour, but hearing that Hurricanes tighthead prop Jeffery Toomaga-Allan could be Kieran Brookes’ replacement.

He’s on the verge of the All Black squad and would not require a very large contract. Would also follow Chris Boyd!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 08:59
Quote:
Optimist
Don’t suppose Davie Wilson will want reminding of this! [instagram.com]

And Denton stands by watching!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 10:57
Wow - that truly is seeing what you want to see BnG!

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 11:46
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I heard something similar BO. Not the best team man and has an inflated opinion of himself I am very reliably informed.
Not for us as he would be far too expensive and not the greatest worker around the field although sound in the tight.

Why would Wasps want him with Cooper-Woolley and Moore unless one of them are leaving?

Now if Cooper Woolley was on offer that would be different.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 13:44
Quote:
Optimist
Wow - that truly is seeing what you want to see BnG!

Stands by watching - ready to pounce.

Better?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 13:53
Pretty inept attempted tackle by Wilson though, got what it deserved

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 17:02
The way I read it is that he was marking Lawes and had to hold that line. Leaving one prop to tackle another prop is hardly a dereliction of duty. If he’d had a fly-half next to him that would be different, but if he’d dived in to make some showy double tackle, Brooke’s might have got it away and Lawes would have strolled through the gap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net