rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

Re: Is the game watchable?
16 February, 2018 21:45
Reduces the points difference I suppose. It might keep us above Newcastle in the table.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:45
Not very good at all.

Also, F off BOB

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:46
Newcastle above us on games won.

That was garbage.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:47
Ah. So literally no upsides from the evening?

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:49
Its ok to let someone go when we have a suitable replacement and I don't mean a softie like Ewells.

You appeasers drive me mad. Don't tell me it was the wrong sort of pitch, bad referee, wrong talcum powder in the showers and no pink fluffy slippers. No we asked our players to go out ( in the cold against super human starving northerners who don't win anything) and play a game of rugby they have had 7 days to prepare for.

May I suggest we save the travel expenses and concede all the away games as we don't have a prayer in any others this season.

Now for Mr Blackadder's few well chosen words which should be, 'We were utter rubbish and we need a complete clear out!' Probably he might have a difficult interview with Tarquin and Bruce very soon.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:50
Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter bollox

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:54
The most upsetting thing is that they really didn't play well and didn't get out of third gear. They didn't have to try hard to take a bonus point and hand our @#$%&$ to us. I hope Boothy gives them a massive b@llocking.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:55
I only caught the last 10 minutes and the commentators sounded like they had lost the will to live, so Iím guessing that was pretty awful.

Stuart

Former ed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 21:56
Name one appeaser BoB. Show one single post after the start of this match which says that we were anything other than awful. Itís in your head.

(AGAIN you blame Ewels and he isnít even in Newcastle?)

by
by (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:04
Quote:
ken_jnr

Good offload from Wilson and brilliant finish from Vuna.

Few decent breaks from Vuna and Mercer, only to be knocked on seconds later.

Thatís it though, our basics were shockingly bad, the camera panned up to the coaches towards the end and they looked shell shocked. The crowd were laughing at us in the last 10.

Bathovalballer

16 February, 2018 22:05
Thank you for that Rowse. I suggest you direct your ire on the so called players we expensively employ to fill the once proud and feared BB&W.

If is simple. Newcastle wanted to play and win and we didn't and more worryingly did not show even any basic rugby skills or determination to put things right. Clueless and utterly useless. Irish show more nouse and effort and skill than us! Suggest Garvey be sent to Siberia he isn't worth any time in the sun!

Now for the usual insults and offensive remarks from those who believe every thing is rosy and we will be watching Champions Cup rugby next season. All I ask of the appeasers, how many games will we win before the end of the season?

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:05
Not to distract from a dire performance, but BoB; Iím sick to the back teeth of how you consistently post unsubstantiated, ill informed, toxic, personal attacks aimed at our players then attempt to sprinkle a tiny modicum of crowd pleasing ďjokeĒ material in an attempt to make it seem like lighthearted ďbanterĒ - as if that makes it ok.

I have no problem with reasoned and rational criticism but you just spout bile filled garbage. Put a lid on it.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:07
Quote:
BathMatt53
Name one appeaser BoB. Show one single post after the start of this match which says that we were anything other than awful. Itís in your head.
(AGAIN you blame Ewels and he isnít even in Newcastle?)

Again BoB. Please find an appeaser. No? Didnít think so.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:15
Hmm, something is obviously not right

I'm nowhere near close enough to know what the answer is but I'm now on the sceptics side and can only see continual mid table mediocrity unless something changes

What that change is, I have not got a great idea but keep doing what we are doing and in two or three years we will be battling to avoid relegation. Doesn't matter how many stellar names we have the game is too competitive for complacent egos

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:25
Is it a coincidence that incoming or returning players seem to have a generally positive impact?

Wilson, Vuna and Hurrell were all to the fore this evening - relatively, at least. Mercer returning from England duty likewise.

Is it a hunger thing? Playing to impress new team mates and coaches? Do they come in fitter, as in less injured? Or is there a malaise or ennui hanging over the club that negatively impacts players?

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:26
Quote:
by
Quote:
ken_jnr

Good offload from Wilson and brilliant finish from Vuna.

Few decent breaks from Vuna and Mercer, only to be knocked on seconds later.

Thatís it though, our basics were shockingly bad, the camera panned up to the coaches towards the end and they looked shell shocked. The crowd were laughing at us in the last 10.

Ah. Itís hard to blame TB with all the chopping and changing of the squad needed to cover for call ups and injuries. On the other hand the buck stops with him and while he has presided over a much friendlier faced version of the club, beneath that his whole reign has been a carnival of comings and goings, false dawns and disappointment.

Is TB all fart and no poo, or a victim of circumstance?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:28
Quote:
Barnoid
Is it a coincidence that incoming or returning players seem to have a generally positive impact?
Wilson, Vuna and Hurrell were all to the fore this evening - relatively, at least. Mercer returning from England duty likewise.

Is it a hunger thing? Playing to impress new team mates and coaches? Do they come in fitter, as in less injured? Or is there a malaise or ennui hanging over the club that negatively impacts players?

Hmm I wouldn't say hurrell was great tonight. Apart from his finish, Vuna poor too. James Wilson was good to be fair.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:32
Proof that we're not a top 4 side and probably not top 6 either.

I suggest the main difference tonight was that Falcons have a good coaching team with a plan and Bath do not.

Are things really any better than when Ford was DOR? Don't seem to be.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Bathovalballer

16 February, 2018 22:33
Sorry Barnoid and all.my other 'fans', I will continue to write about the dire dross being put out as representative of Bath Rugby. I know many others think similarly to me and in fact their criticisms are both more insulting and venomous than mine or BO and others who have the temerity to criticise the pampered personnel who masquerade as serious professional rugby players wearing our club colours.

Until things drastically change get used to realistic comments on what the majority of supporters can see.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:35
That was awful and to hear FB going off holding his shoulder might make our dire situation worse.

It is clear to me that other sides have the strength in depth and somehow keep their in depth players sharp and able to compete, barring the result at Exe when Wuss beat them. Something is not going right in training as when we attack we do not have the penetration and unforced errors creep in all the time. The problem is that often when we start we are put on the back foot straight away due to defensive frailties and then we have to chase the game and when we attack we make unforced errors that fester more frustration.

What is the answer? Wish I knew but if I did I probably wouldn't be typing this!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:35
If you look at our results this season they donít look too bad but as we supporters know that doesnít tell the true story. We were taken apart,literally, by Newcastle home & away, Wasps & Scarlets at home & Exeter away. We might have made come comebacks in some of those matches but that meant little or nothing. Is there another team in the Premiership, apart from possibly LI, that has benn decimated so easily? Why does this happen again & again?
I would dearly like to know the answers. Our coaches clearly donít.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 22:56
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

At least TB is cross too.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

16 February, 2018 23:20
Quote:
hasta
coaching non-existent.

Fixed that for you

Bathovalballer

17 February, 2018 00:06
Disagree BO. Its the players that cannot carry out basic skills and show any sort of resolve or common rugby intelligence. I am sure the coaches demonstrate the requisite skills and plays but it is our witless bunch of numpties who seem incapable of stringing a pass or support run off the ball, drawing an opponent, even tackling and mauling and winning an arm wrestle. Its the guys on the field of play who are responsible not the coaches. And regrettably many of our squad are just not up to basic Premiership standard.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 04:02
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Disagree BO. Its the players that cannot carry out basic skills and show any sort of resolve or common rugby intelligence. I am sure the coaches demonstrate the requisite skills and plays but it is our witless bunch of numpties who seem incapable of stringing a pass or support run off the ball, drawing an opponent, even tackling and mauling and winning an arm wrestle. Its the guys on the field of play who are responsible not the coaches. And regrettably many of our squad are just not up to basic Premiership standard.

Absolute nonsense. To heap all the blame on players who performed well last week & the week before & exempt any blame on the coaches makes no sense. Would Eddie Jones, Rob Baxter or Greg Townsend have supervised these sorts of performances? I very much doubt it.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 07:37
You have a bad night and then along comes BoB to really make it awful. Time to @#$%& off permanently to the Sand Pit BoB, you are insulting, inflamatory and a troll who is killing this board.

Clearly it was another terrible performance, but no one needs BoB winding up and goading.

Alternatively BoB, get yourself an interview with Bruce and start coaching the team.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 07:50
Quote:
Dorset Boy
Clearly it was another terrible performance.

APPEASER! APPEASER ALERT!

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 07:55
Quite so. Practically all of us agreed that this was a terrible performance but that doesnít translate to total doom & gloom & getting rid of so-called non-performing players (Sm31)

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 08:04
With Garvey, Burns, Vuna(?) injured last night we won't have a team that we can put out anyway before too long - so that would put us out of our misery.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

17 February, 2018 08:28
Quote:
ken_jnr
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/02/16/newcastle-29-bath-12toby-flood-pulls-strings-falcons-claim-bonus/
At least TB is cross too.

So TB's angry is he? Perhaps if Bath were well coached he wouldn't need to be so angry.

Apparently Falcons didn't need to get out of 2nd gear to stroll to victory. We're just drifting off into mid table mediocrity.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 February, 2018 08:24
Nice offload and finish

[mobile.twitter.com]

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

19 February, 2018 10:09
I just read this different thread, I got a strange sense of deja vu..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net