rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

Media Managers Gone !
21 February, 2018 14:06
In the Media " A sixth Premiership rugby club media manager leaving this season suggests
all is not well in the 12-team league.
Helen Bayes at Bath has followed others from Quins, Saracens, Wasps, Northampton and Sale through the exit door."

Is this job generally considered short term ?

alibev
alibev (IP Logged)

Re: Media Managers Gone !
21 February, 2018 14:41
We've been consistently beaten up by the gnarly Exeter website...

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 14:49
What was her exact responsibilities? I may be old fashioned but do we need someone to manage the media which to me seems virtually impossible to do as anyone has access to the media through all sorts of channels? Was she responsible for 'marketing and advertising' the club in a certain way?

Please enlighten me.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 14:54
Quote:
Bathovalballer
What was her exact responsibilities? I may be old fashioned but do we need someone to manage the media which to me seems virtually impossible to do as anyone has access to the media through all sorts of channels? Was she responsible for 'marketing and advertising' the club in a certain way?
Please enlighten me.

Wow, I don't think I've ever read a more ignorant post.

Bathovalballer

21 February, 2018 15:15
I admit my ignorance BO. So please feel free to give me the benefit of your wisdom. Thank you.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 15:26
I'd expect a media manager to manage all the club's official social media accounts as well as web, press and TV outputs. Make sure all output from all the club's media 'toes the party line', is aligned and properly and promptly timed.
It probably includes monitoring and attempting to exert some control over all the players' social media outputs which I can imagine being a nightmare.
Doesn't surprise me in the least that the turnover in that kind of job is high.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 16:17
She's PR and Communications Manager and was at Bath for 7 years, so hardly a short term in and out!

Stuart

Former ed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 16:22
'I may be old fashioned', but who needs PR and communication in this internet and social media age anyway?

I, for one, see BoB as the perfect person for the job, anyone know where it will be advertised?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 16:37
Quote:
BathMatt53
'I may be old fashioned', but who needs PR and communication in this internet and social media age anyway?
I, for one, see BoB as the perfect person for the job, anyone know where it will be advertised?

That would be absolutely fantastic, is there a petition I can sign

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 17:00
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
BathMatt53

That would be absolutely fantastic, is there a petition I can sign

Day 1, press release:

'Weakling Ewels selected again by England

Marshmallow man Charlie Ewels was today confusingly picked again for England, despite the 145 better England qualified locks who can punch people much harder and more frequently. Ewels will no doubt be pining for his daily 10am Farleigh spray tan'

Yareet
Yareet (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 17:47
Quote:
TCM2007
She's PR and Communications Manager and was at Bath for 7 years, so hardly a short term in and out!

Swanny was at Sale for 17 years - definitely not short term!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 17:48
None of the ones mentioned in the original post were short term, most were well over 5 or even 10 years in the position.

"All is not well in the Premiership" ... lol

Bathovalballer

21 February, 2018 18:20
(Sm22)

That may have been ironic Matt but it certainly made me smile!

Now I must get my CV up together and send off the old letter to the lovely Tarquin about how I am willing (for a vast salary, priority free use of the spa facilities, plus a Gieves and Hawkes clothing allowance and the sponsored Land Rover) to step into the breach in his and the club's hour of need. I am sure he will appreciate my offer of help!

It was like the near return to the playing colours earlier this year, one has to put the club's needs before one's own, especially for such an important role in selling the benefits and all things advantageous to the media and the World in general.

Although I say so myself, I could be made for this role! I realise after all my experiences standing cheering on the terraces or sat in my West stand seat watching the visitudes of the clubs fortunes ebb and flow, it was all influenced my mind, meant to be and fate has opened the door of opportunity for me to help resurrect Bath Rugby's fortunes.

None of this namby pampby politically correct nonsense, just tell it as it is, especially how the Spa culture is ruining perfectly good rugby players. Remove all devices from their lockers and by including it in their contracts, ban any contact with any form of media as I am the man and we are to all sing from the same song sheet. Will need a few pretty young girls along side me to dispense the odd G & T at press conferences, and to help lessen the blow to the hacks when the news may not be good!

Sell off the pitches, build houses all over them, get players back to their roots at Lambridge where they belong grovelling in the mud, with ritual flogging of players who underperform, Monday beastings to ensure they are sick and unload the excesses of the weekend, food only to be supplied from the mobile chip van and tea urn set up in the office. All this to be made into a new exposee TV series called the Coming of the new Bath Romans, rugby in the raw. No sex or diversions, just hard running and practising skills 18 hours a day. After a Saturday game, every one to a man, down to the nearest beer/cider sponser for an evening of carousing, singing and playing of manly rugby bar games.

We are going to introduce a new culture of can do, will do to the players and coming second or dare I say it, defeat is definitely not to be even considered.

Lets get to work boys. We (with my minor assistance) can turn this into a truly riveting news story of unprecedented success.

Don't bother with the petition guys, its a no brainer and this one is in the bag!

North5hark
North5hark (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 19:13
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Please enlighten me.

You've never read the rubbish you post then!! You should try it sometime then your comment would be redundant.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 20:13
Quote:
North5hark
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Please enlighten me.

You've never read the rubbish you post then!! You should try it sometime then your comment would be redundant.

Oooh, that's me told

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 21:09
Quote:
ballsout
None of the ones mentioned in the original post were short term, most were well over 5 or even 10 years in the position.
"All is not well in the Premiership" ... lol

Yep, Chris Wearmouth at Saints was there for quite a number of years.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 21:39
Helen had been at the club for quite some time, and was always visible on match days.
Hope she has got herself a better paid post with appreciative and supportive management.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

21 February, 2018 22:18
Was there a hint in that, Annie?

Bath Supporter Jack

21 February, 2018 23:19
No

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 08:59
Quote:
North5hark
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Please enlighten me.

Ballsout can be abrasive but at least he doesn't go around offending cartilaginous fish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 15:40 by woodpecker.

Bathovalballer

22 February, 2018 10:09
Had to look that up woodpecker! But very good.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 19:04
As Stuart says, she has done 7 years at Bath Rugby.

I met her today.
The move is her own choice -for a change and a new PR role/challenge -in Bath.

Hardly "all is not well" in the Prem!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 20:12
Quote:
P G Tips
I met her today.

PG

I think the 'all is not well' quote comes from the fact 5 other premiership clubs Media/Press officers had left this season, probably just a coincidence ?

MESSAGES->author
Bathbadger (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 09:30
Quote:
P G Tips
I met her today.

PG

Good to meet you and put a face to the name PG! Indeed, she seemed quite excited about her move. The Club seem to have PR & Comms organised moving forward, and we hope for a more pro active approach smiling smiley

Cheers,

Rich

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net