rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

Ewels available
22 February, 2018 09:25
I know that BoB is not happy but Ewels not needed for England so hope he comes back to us for Sat

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

Re: Ewels available
22 February, 2018 09:38
...If Eddie doesn't keep him as "travelling cover" as he did with Mercer.

PG

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 09:58
now we just need some good news on Burns and Garvey and prospects will look a bit brighter.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 10:04
I am sure Mr Ewells would like a night out in Edinburgh, as recuperation from all that hard England training away from the Spa facilities at Bath and to get his mind right for the vital end of season fixtures at Bath. In this respect I do know there are some very unsavoury parts of that fair city which might help with his education.

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 10:07
I'd be surprised if he's available for us - more than likely he'll be a non-playing reserve in case of injury/illness, same with Haskell.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 10:28
Unsure on Ewels. It's normally been the case that Eddie takes one back and one forward as the travelling reserve. As England have three second rows in the XV and one on the bench, it's more likely that Haskell will go as the reserve. But who knows.

It'd be great if Ewels were available, especially as Charteris will be back, too. Ewels and Charteris with Stooke on the bench. That's strong.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 10:33
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I am sure Mr Ewells would like a night out in Edinburgh, as recuperation from all that hard England training away from the Spa facilities at Bath and to get his mind right for the vital end of season fixtures at Bath. In this respect I do know there are some very unsavoury parts of that fair city which might help with his education.

At least spell his name right BoB.

Not talking about the docks again are we? (Sm20)

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 10:39
No I am not talking about Leith. But I do know of one or two shall we say night spots and public houses in the city where you can have a very enlightening evening and experiences. Lets hope Mr Ewels is able to enjoy them!/

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 11:02
Both Ewels and Haskell are travelling reserves, apparently.

So if we hadn't been unlucky enough with injuries, we're also now providing the travelling reserves, week in week out, for England. Give us a break.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 11:21
2 travelling reserves? That's annoying. I think that we have to play Douglas at 4 and Stooke at 5 then? I wouldn't risk Garvey if he has a dodgy knee, it would be silly to lose him for several games for a sake of a weeks rest.

22 February, 2018 11:25
BOB just plain obnoxious and offensive; to say nothing of snide and massively disrespectful. I'd say grow up, but far too late clearly.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 11:42
Hopefully, Garvey is fully fit and can play 6, meaning Phillips stays in the second row with Stooke.

we'd have been well and truly stuffed had Mercer and Faletau not been available this week.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 11:45
Bench impact will serve us well - whether it's Mercer to run around against tired oppo, or Garvey/Stooke/Philips to smash them late on.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 11:48
From the injury update Garvey was still a doubt because of the fluid on his knee. For me its a risk too far when we have an able 4 ready to step in (Douglas). I would have Phillips on the bench to cover the send and back row.

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 12:22
Did I miss a problem with Charts? I thought he was omitted for the Newcastle game due to their artificial pitch. Presumed he'd be available this weekend.

(Though obviously his lackluster grunt, inability to mix it down at the docks, and lack of "wanting it" means he likely doesn't deserve to wear the shirt.)

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 12:26
Ok at the risk of being dim here, whats this about Charteris not playing on artificial pitches? I remember seeing this before

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 12:28
I'll be pretty annoyed (sic) if Jones takes Ewells as a travelling reserve, and if so it highlights how one sided the club v country agreement currently is. Both Haskell and Ewells need game time, for different reasons of course and I am not sure how sitting in the stands benefits either of them. I hate EJ a little bit more today than I already did.
It also places into sharp relief the different approach between EJ and WG and it was noticeable how pleased TB was to have TF back and he made reference in his radio interview how the release clause in the TF contract had benefited both club and country.

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 12:31
Quote:
woodpecker
Ok at the risk of being dim here, whats this about Charteris not playing on artificial pitches? I remember seeing this before

His body doesn't get on well with artificial pitches, apparently.

Presumably the surface is a bit higher impact than normal turf and aggravates what is no doubt an already long list of chronic ailments. The joys of a long and successful professional rugby career, I guess?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 12:33
Charteris should be fine. Woodpecker, Charteris apparently takes so long to recover after playing on artifical pitches that the team just don't bother playing him.

copester
copester (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 13:10
I would expect Obano to start , Charteris and stooke in the row with Mercer, Bayliss and Faletau......any any news on Thomas?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 13:25
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Are you trying to get banned to prove a point. That is poking a stick at the mods, cheap shot as you know they can't respond. Man up, admit you were wrong and move on!

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 16:29
And i'm told BoB doesn't like a spot of Trolling!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

22 February, 2018 17:15
Quote:
nick holder
I'll be pretty annoyed (sic) if Jones takes Ewells as a travelling reserve, and if so it highlights how one sided the club v country agreement currently is. Both Haskell and Ewells need game time, for different reasons of course and I am not sure how sitting in the stands benefits either of them. I hate EJ a little bit more today than I already did.
It also places into sharp relief the different approach between EJ and WG and it was noticeable how pleased TB was to have TF back and he made reference in his radio interview how the release clause in the TF contract had benefited both club and country.

How does this illustrate how one sided the EPS agreement is?

Travelling reserves are nothing new. We have three players who warm up and only play if someone pulls out, for every single game, even the home ones. Wales will have their own extra players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net