rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Biddy
Biddy (IP Logged)

Number 10 Saturday
23 February, 2018 00:41
Burns out and now Lewis out - Wilson wil move from 15 to 10 - our injury hit season goes on! Lets hope for better lucck next season on the injury front.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: Number 10 Saturday
23 February, 2018 01:25
Utterly ridiculous

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 06:09
WTF*?

(*Who the flyhalf?)

Biddy
Biddy (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 07:18
Ok - just wait until midday today !

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 08:04
Quote:
BathMatt53
WTF*?
(*Who the flyhalf?)

Or 'Who the fullback' if Wilson is 10 with Burns, Priestland, Atkins, Homer, Watson and even Banners unavailable? Harry Davies used to play there I think? Eeek.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 08:07
Quote:
BathMatt53
WTF*?
(*Who the flyhalf?)

It's me. I've never played 10, haven't met the players, have got a slight injury right now so I should fit in well.

Really can't wait for this season to be over.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 08:22
Kahn will save us.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 09:02
Go for it OB, take it to the gain line, delay your pass to the last minute and when you step back inside watch out for the swinging arm, kinesio tape should protect any injuries.

PS Don't forget to ignore any abuse from the stand and to avoid ridicule on here be aggressive, good luck!

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 09:30
Quote:
Boldangrey
Kahn will save us.
Probably the best option TBH - not recently, but at least he's played there regularly and to a high standard in the past...

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 09:55
I would step forward to play fly half but am a little our of practice ( and out of wind!) so had to ring the club and say to the lovely Marketing Lady who answered the phone, I will play if you cannot find another chap. She seemed a bit demob happy to me (suggest we discuss it over a G & T or two) but I had to remind her that if I was called upon I must be in tip top condition and must reduce the booze to more manageable quantities. Plus of course I do not know if I would have time to learn all the moves and calls and practice them. She said that is not a problem as we don't have many, if any, as with all the injuries and absences, the players tend to make it up as they go along or just kick it down the field. Of course as Bath don't have much match possession, you are not called upon very often and tackling is more important. She thought if I attend a Spa session or two, I would meet the players and could discuss it over the 7 course dinner (and wine!).

Still felt uneasy and as the game is against those nasty roughians coached by the uncouth Mr Diamond (he used to fight with Mr Dawe), I suggested she call Old Prostates to see if they had a spare 10. Told her to phone you Boldengray as the number you gave me was for the Samaritans I think the chap said when I last rang. Suggested, when I mentioned I was a long term Bath Rugby supporter, I am in deep trouble mentally and should seek medical assistance immediately. He seemed very upset as he didn't think he could help! Told him nothing that a couple of stiff drinks couldn't cure!

Only too pleased to.help Bath Rugby but do feel this game is a lost cause and better we blood a willing youngster. Have Beechan Cliff got a game this weekend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 10:00 by Bathovalballer.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 10:12
Sorry BoB Old Prostates 10 is currently doing community service for happy slapping a youth in a Native American headdress.

Cometh the hour cometh Kahn.

Sadly, probably also cometh Allinson on the bench.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 10:13 by Boldangrey.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 10:31
We could move Tapuai to 10, Hurrell and Vuna to cover the centres, Jack Wilson to the wing (or centre intead of Vuna)?

Having said that, I would keep as many in their preferred position as possible. Is Jennings fit? No point in having him at the club if he can't even cover the bench at the age of 22. He was an age grade international 10 after all...

Definitely Max Green ahead of Allinson* if Kahn was used to cover 10.

[I realise that I am beginning to sound like Bob About Ewels when it comes to him but I just haven't seen him do anything good at 9 for us and there are only so many chances?

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 10:35
Quote:
BathMatt53

[I realise that I am beginning to sound like Bob About Ewels when it comes to him but I just haven't seen him do anything good at 9 for us and there are only so many chances?

Different examples of said BathMatt. Ewels is an international, rated by Eddie Jones, calls lineouts when involved with England and is nicknamed jonno. He is a great lineout jumper and imo a shrewd captain, often engaging well with the refs.

Allinson has shown weak performances for Bath consistently. I feel for him I truly do, but Max Green is better from what I've seen.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 11:29
Quote:
BathBurger
Quote:
BathMatt53

Different examples of said BathMatt. Ewels is an international, rated by Eddie Jones, calls lineouts when involved with England and is nicknamed jonno. He is a great lineout jumper and imo a shrewd captain, often engaging well with the refs.

Allinson has shown weak performances for Bath consistently. I feel for him I truly do, but Max Green is better from what I've seen.

But shouldn't Ewels be given a chance at 9? We're flush in the 2 row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2018 13:56 by Boldangrey.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 11:32
That anti-bath schemer Jones has put paid to that BnG with making Ewels warm his bog seat for him on Saturday in Scotland. Otherwise, I like your 'thinking outside the box' approach there...

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 13:59
Not sure Charlie Ewel's distribution off the floor is too sharp. He does have some good skills for a tall fella but that may be a stretch playing him at 9.

He did make his debut for us though against Toulouse at 8 in the Champions Cup though and it's only one number more so could work? Plus Mike Philips was about 6'3 isn't he and Ewels is only a few inches more so there is hope!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 14:08
Quote:
Big Dog
Not sure Charlie Ewel's distribution off the floor is too sharp. He does have some good skills for a tall fella but that may be a stretch playing him at 9.
He did make his debut for us though against Toulouse at 8 in the Champions Cup though and it's only one number more so could work? Plus Mike Philips was about 6'3 isn't he and Ewels is only a few inches more so there is hope!

How would you rate him on his groveling skills?

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 14:53
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
Big Dog

As in the capabilities to obtain forgiveness/redemption for something or the ability to 'lie or crawl abjectly on the ground with one's face downwards' (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 15:29
Quote:
Big Dog
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
Big Dog

As in the capabilities to obtain forgiveness/redemption for something or the ability to 'lie or crawl abjectly on the ground with one's face downwards' (Sm100)

Im not 100% sure, but it's closer to the second one, it is a trait that Exeter players exhibit in conjunction with grunting

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 17:13
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
Big Dog
Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
Big Dog

Im not 100% sure, but it's closer to the second one, it is a trait that Exeter players exhibit in conjunction with grunting

Grunting and the ability to reflect their masculinity through either their abundance or lack of hair!

Don't know what I mean reference Hepburn, Williams, Hepburn, Campagnaro,Nowell for the hair and Salvi, Kvesic, Woodburn, Short, Yeandle etc without. So much testosterone in those Exeter lads either way (Sm100)

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 17:25
This is bad news. Lewis has run at 10 all week by accounts. Not sure about Wilson's ability at fly half, but he was a rare flash of light last week so good luck to him. Never Tapuai at 10 - he never passes!

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 18:19
Is there an air of senseless (as in punch drunk) hilarity passing through this thread?
Can things get any more deflating?
There's a chance that TF will rock up and wonder which club he is actually employed by!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 19:28
Smiling through adversity.

You have to wonder when and what the next snake will be that Bath will land on.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Boldangrey
Smiling through adversity.
You have to wonder when and what the next snake will be that Bath will land on.

Is that what Lewis did? Sounds nasty.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

23 February, 2018 20:45
You feel that if they landed on a ladder someone would trip and injure themselves.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

24 February, 2018 01:29
Those slippery Italian floor tiles in the Spa, next to the sauna and jacuzzi, almond oil all over the place coupled with the fur lined bath slippers have caused huge damage to our squad this season. Those massage beds are far to high off the ground and guys are rolling their ankles over all the time or landing badly and spraining their wrists. You would not believe the damage caused in the place and that is before the masseuses begin their work. It's about time it was closed for the players and they were sent to train at Lambridge where washing in buckets and sharing the carbolic soap would prevail. But at least they would not get hurt training.

Biddy
Biddy (IP Logged)

24 February, 2018 22:37
Quickie to “ Ballsout” - not so ridiculous now!

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

25 February, 2018 09:42
Lewis failed an HIA after being struck on the head with a ball kicked by Homer, bizarre accident and just shows how low we are on our luck

But our 4th choice didn't do too badly

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

25 February, 2018 11:53
That is hilarious, (not for Lewis obviously) sort of sums up our season!

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

26 February, 2018 10:13
Wow, what kind of luck is that?!?

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

26 February, 2018 10:25
Quote:
gaz59
Lewis failed an HIA after being struck on the head with a ball kicked by Homer, bizarre accident and just shows how low we are on our luck

Homer only made the bench because Lewis had to drop out!! (Sm100) I smell a conspiracy at Farleigh towers (Sm161)

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

26 February, 2018 10:35
Quote:
Griff
Quote:
gaz59

Homer only made the bench because Lewis had to drop out!! (Sm100) I smell a conspiracy at Farleigh towers (Sm161)

I agree Griff, a well aimed ball to the head Josh Lewis was probably the only way Homer could get some action. The fact that he made it look an accident is pure genius!!

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

26 February, 2018 15:55
Quote:
gaz59
Right, who shagged Lady Luck and didn't call in the morning?... having ran over her cat on the way out... and sent her to the clap clinic?

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2018 15:57 by Which Tyler.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

26 February, 2018 16:08
I'm pretty certain i shouldn't have laughed at that WT. But i did. At least if the sex was unprotected, there's a chance of a new player in 20 or so years' time. If it's a 2nd row forward who can't stop punching people then i think we'll know who to thank.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

27 February, 2018 01:42
Quote:
Biddy
Quickie to “ Ballsout” - not so ridiculous now!

Eh? I believed you. I was calling our luck with injuries ridiculous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net