rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

Bath Half - anyone else on ere mad enough?
01 March, 2018 16:31
Training hindered by a 3 week layoff in Feb with a knee injury and the last week wipe-out because of weather which is unfortunate as I was going well after pacemaker fitted back in November and looking for a respectable time of under 2:10

Still they reckon it will still go ahead and though I have a 200 mile journey from the arctic wasteland of Kent I plan to be on the start line

Anyone else?

And those not running, go on get the snow clothes on, c'mon on out and give us a cheer

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

Re: Bath Half - anyone else on ere mad enough?
01 March, 2018 16:48
Mrs C3k [who has only ever run for a bus before] is taking up the challenge, I will be in the support vehicle and maybe The Boater (Sm100) on the day...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 16:50
Fair blooky play to you Gaz. I’ll try and give you a cheer. I take it you’ll have a bottle of port for after?

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 17:05
Sloe Gin more like, followed by a large mix of brandy and port in equal measures!

Will be rooting for you Gaz59, tremendous effort.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 17:23
Strewth Gaz, seriously impressed what shoes are you wearing, short spikes perhaps??

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 17:56
Carry a small tea tray and you could do the luge on the downhill bits.
Are you raising money for a good cause?

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 18:09
I entered and then started running! I’m ready to go.
However the race organisers seem to be coming around to the possibility that it could be cancelled due to the weather, an announcement is to be made at 3pm on Friday.
[bathhalf.co.uk]

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 18:10
Quote:
Bathovalballer
followed by a large mix of brandy and port in equal measures!

The traditional cavalry officer's antidote to a dose of Delhi belly - are you suggesting something BoB?

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 19:48
Yes shall be running on mmy spindley but superb yellow legs.
Doing so in aid of Dorothy House.
Not sure whether I want it called off now cos of artic situation or will be p*ssed off if they do having done all the grief during Jan and Feb.

SQUAWK

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

01 March, 2018 22:46
Not suggesting anything. Yes it works PGT for an upset stomach but I also find it is a great pick me up at anytime.

My admiration for anyone running that distance for charity is a hero in my mind and deserves great respect.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 15:21
Unfortunately the half marathon has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
[bathhalf.co.uk]

A shame after 60 training runs clocking up over 300 miles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 15:27 by dcsh.

sid the seagull

02 March, 2018 17:57
Agree correct decision, having done it a few times I know that you cool down very quickly afterwards and the crowds make it very difficult to get out of the finish area afterwards (even if you have literally flown along like moi). Consequently they could have had up to 5000 exhausted and very cold people on their hands at any one time with nowhere to shelter them - recipe for some serious illness. Again correct decision irrespective of potential demand on public/emaergency services who will undoubtedly be busy already.

Next year.
HOP

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 18:30
That is a very good point Sid, I hadn't thought of that

Wasn't looking forward to the journey down either so see you and dcsh on the start line next year!

sid the seagull

03 March, 2018 10:58
Agreed Gaz see you next yr with dcsh. Although since already the wrong side of 60 in human years, knees permitting!

FLAP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net