rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

merc
merc (IP Logged)

Games off till Sunday
02 March, 2018 14:12
After the trains were cancelled

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

Quins v Bath Postponed to Sunday
02 March, 2018 14:12
2 March 2018

Premiership Rugby can confirm that Harlequins' Aviva Premiership Rugby match with Bath Rugby scheduled for tonight has been postponed to Sunday 4th March.

“Following South Western Railway's decision to close their service by 20:00 and their advice not to travel, along with the worsening weather conditions in the Twickenham area the decision has been made to postpone,” said a Premiership Rugby spokesman. “We will always prioritise the safety of our supporters and club staff.

“The exact kick-off time will be confirmed this afternoon (Friday).”

Tickets will still be valid for Sunday's rescheduled match. Anyone who is unable to attend the re-scheduled fixture will be entitled to a full refund. Any Members unable to attend can use Ticket Forwarding and Ticket Resale.

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

merc
merc (IP Logged)

Re: Games off till Sunday
02 March, 2018 14:13
The exact time for Sunday will be announced later today. Good excuse to watch the game than run the half!

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:20
Completely selfish of course but it means I might be able to go smiling smiley

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

merc
merc (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:22
Team Coach just seen being pushed over the central reservation of the M4 on its return......new advert for Turkish Airlines

merc
merc (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:26
Dallaglio puts a whole new spin on sledging!

merc
merc (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:27
Ill get my coat
;-)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:55
Dam and Freddie's been practicing kicking in snow shoes all week!

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 14:56
Great! Can we postpone next Friday's game as well, or do we have to play 2 games in 5 days?

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 15:31
Mike I rather think the latter!

PG

P G Tips

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 16:02
Will they get there by Sunday?

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 18:03
So TV is not all powerful, as the pitch is perfectly playable so could have gone ahead on the box.

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 18:07
And it won't be on TV now. sad smiley

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
trikidiki (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 18:37
Quote:
TCM2007
So TV is not all powerful, as the pitch is perfectly playable so could have gone ahead on the box.

It was Shaun Edwards who called it off. I saw him heading for the coach with a pile of pizza boxes.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 20:04
Quote:
TCM2007

Yeah, that's a blow.

I can't really disagree with the decision but having lived in countries with regular red levels of snow (and less resources, advanced rail networks etc.), it's safe to say this country is a bit hopeless at dealing with the white stuff.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 20:10
Quote:
TCM2007

I made the same comment on the other thread, but can they not use all of / several of the BT Sport channels? OK they would need so split the commentary team or drag a couple in but surely that's do-able as they often have guest commentators etc (like Andy Goode or Flats).

It looks like they would have to bump some German or Italian soccer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2018 20:13 by BathMatt53.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 20:13
3 pm Sunday.

And it is televised. On one of the red button BT channels.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 20:13
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
TCM2007

I made the same comment on the other thread, but can they not use all of / several of the BT Sport channels? OK they would need so split the commentary team or drag a couple in but surely that's do-able as they often have guest commentators etc (like Andy Goode or Flats).

It's on BT Sport X2 at 2.30pm Sunday (confirmed on twitter)

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 20:44
Excellent

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 21:04
Quote:
Substitute
I can't really disagree with the decision but having lived in countries with regular red levels of snow (and less resources, advanced rail networks etc.), it's safe to say this country is a bit hopeless at dealing with the white stuff.
It's simple maths really.
Being properly prepared for shut-down levels of snow would cost £XXX per year, whilst the cost of just closing down costs £YYY per day. If we average 1 (week)day per year of shut-down snow, then so long as Y is lower than X, it's not worth it. If, more realistically, we average 1 day every 4 years or so, then as long as Y is less than 4X, then its simply not worth it. Another country might average 10 days every year, in which case You would need to be less than 1/10X.

Basically, you need to bother with snow chains for your car if you'd use them once a decade. If you need them for 3 months of the year, then you wouldn't dream of not having them

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 21:27
Getting a bit off track I know, but my youngest son was born in a January when we had a similar cold snap to the last few days. In the end we got to the RUH (about 12 miles away) with no problems but the stress approaching the due date whilst the snow fell and all transport ground to a halt was not a good experience. Hated snow ever since.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 21:27
Having been ridiculed for carrying a shovel and sleeping bag in the car when it snows by the family I was forgiven today when I had to dig the car out twice on a moderate incline. (Journey was because we needed food.)

Personal rant 1...Why do people walk down the middle of the road when its snowing then get surprised when a car comes up behind them?

Personal rant 2...why don't women wear sensible shoes in the snow, there was a women in the supermarket complaining that she twisted her ankle in the car park because her high heels sank in the snow.

NB To meet all political correctness protocols on this site I also think men are stupid if the get their high heels caught in the snow.

PS Can you still get snow chains?

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 21:35
Heart warming stories of local residents walking out with food and drink to motorists stuck in their cars overnight. Restores your faith in human nature a bit.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 21:51
Quote:
shipwrecked

NB To meet all political correctness protocols on this site I also think men are stupid if the get their high heels caught in the snow.

PS Can you still get snow chains?

Socks as well as chains these days SW.

[www.halfords.com]

Or winter tyres of course.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

02 March, 2018 22:22
Thanks Matt, took a look and found these as well,they look brilliant for emergencies work like Zip ties, can be removed and fitted easily and cheap for emergencies.

https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/U2kAAOSwo4pYVSK-/s-l640.jpg

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 11:04
Anyone in Widcombe happen to know whether The Ram is showing it?

FLAP

westondave
WestonDave (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 13:52
Quote:
shipwrecked

Personal rant 1...Why do people walk down the middle of the road when its snowing then get surprised when a car comes up behind them?

Having walked to the station yesterday morning - two observations. Firstly there were very very few cars on the untreated roads and it was a lot easier to walk on the compacted tyre tracks than the deeper snow on the pavement. Secondly the snow muffles noise so although I did keep checking behind me, the ones that I encountered were almost silent. I walked from Weston village through Victoria Park to Queen square and only encountered one moving car (and that was a 4x4 pickup) all the way so it got easy to forget that there might be someone trying to drive.

Back to the original topic - this game should have been postponed as soon as SWtrains said they wouldn't be running services after the game. To try and drag it out, and then claim that safety of players and spectators was paramount is pretty shameful - especially as the Bath players had struggled to get to the coach and were then risking the drive by the time the news got through. Not blaming Quins because they would have needed Premier Rugby to give permission who were no doubt in cahoots with BT trying to keep the money from televising the game.

Montyuk
Montyuk (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 16:03
Quote:
sid the seagull
Anyone in Widcombe happen to know whether The Ram is showing it?
FLAP

I expect so.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 17:20
Trend of the weekend so far is for the away (and higher placed) team to win.

Let's keep up the trend!

PG

P G Tips

recman
recman (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 18:33
Re Quins' poor season... As well as Bath being the team of choice to be playing against when you're 13 points down with 10 minutes to go, I have found that we are definitely the team to be playing if you want to break any kind of drought or losing streak.

I first noticed this in 2009 - Ulster had never beaten an English team in England... until they played us.

2014/15 - London Welsh got a single point in their entire season... against us.

Last season - Bristol thrashed at home by everyone except fellow strugglers Worcester... until they played us.

This season - Denny Solomona had not scored since 29th September... then gets two against us.

We absolutely have the ability to make a right royal mess of it tomorrow against a side in disarray, if we're not careful.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 19:18
We’ve probably played over 250 games since 2009. I know there’s bound to be more instances than the 4 you’ve mentioned above, but still.

recman
recman (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 19:34
It was slightly tongue-in-cheek.

However, if I was the DoR of a club desperate for a win, I think Bath would be somewhere near the top of my list of preferred teams to play at the moment.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 20:48
Fair enough. I think Saints would currently be top of mine.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 22:30
Quote:
WestonDave

I completely agree. There was a woman walking along the road in Weston today whilst there were vehicles about & the pavement wasn’t too bad & certainly safer. The fact is people seem to be jaywalking more these days for no obvious reason. Kingsmead Square is definitely an accident waiting to happen or has already happened.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 11:26
Quote:
dr.bath1865
3 pm Sunday.

Does anyone know which of the BT red button channels it is on because I haven’t been able to find it?

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 11:48
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
dr.bath1865
3 pm Sunday.

Does anyone know which of the BT red button channels it is on because I haven’t been able to find it?

BT sport 2 extra. I believe it only appears as an option if there is actually something scheduled to watch. So just before kick-off at 3 you should be able to press the red button whilst watching BT Sport 2 (or maybe any BT sport channel).

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 12:03
Quote:
BathBurger
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
dr.bath1865
3 pm Sunday.

BT sport 2 extra. I believe it only appears as an option if there is actually something scheduled to watch. So just before kick-off at 3 you should be able to press the red button whilst watching BT Sport 2 (or maybe any BT sport channel).

Thanks BathBurger. I’ll follow your advice.

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 13:13
If, like me, you're in the unusual and frustrating position of not being able to get BT Sport Extra through your BT / YouView box (due to local BT exchange issues) but you still have a BT Sport account for the app, you should be able to watch it online (not through the app) via a PC / laptop by following the link and logging in with your account details -

BT Sport Extra 2

The video feed seems to be working using the Firefox browser but the stream isn't live yet.

Hope this helps!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 13:18 by 40 Mile.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 14:42
It is available on the BT sport app just not streaming until kick off

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 14:44
For those watching on sky if the red button doesn’t appear try SD not HD and then it should be accessible.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 14:50
Live on app now.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 14:51
Anyone on Virgin had any luck getting it yet?

I still have 'currently no sporting events'. Am i just being impatient?

recman
recman (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 15:00
Not working on Virgin for me either. The Worcester game is showing fine.

bathstigg
bathstigg (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 15:50
Ditto on Virgin tv no xtra2 by pressing the red button but Can get Worcester vs Leicester joy!

recman
recman (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 08:21
Quote:
recman
Re Quins' poor season... As well as Bath being the team of choice to be playing against when you're 13 points down with 10 minutes to go, I have found that we are definitely the team to be playing if you want to break any kind of drought or losing streak.
I first noticed this in 2009 - Ulster had never beaten an English team in England... until they played us.

2014/15 - London Welsh got a single point in their entire season... against us.

Last season - Bristol thrashed at home by everyone except fellow strugglers Worcester... until they played us.

This season - Denny Solomona had not scored since 29th September... then gets two against us.

We absolutely have the ability to make a right royal mess of it tomorrow against a side in disarray, if we're not careful.

So, from the BBC... "Quins end losing streak with first Premiership win of 2018".

Although I did say it was slightly tongue-in-cheek, we do have this uncanny knack of being the accommodating patsy team that ends other team's bad runs.

We're the team everybody wants to play against.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net