rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Weekend games
03 March, 2018 15:06
Which way would we like this weekends results to go to assist Bath's campaign?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Weekend games
03 March, 2018 15:09
Glos to lose. Just because they are Glos.

03 March, 2018 15:11
Obvs.! Otherwise?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 15:15
I canít see Tigers losing, but would be great if Saints can do us a favour against Sale.

MESSAGES->author
callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 15:55
Saints will have to go some to do us a favour. Last I heard Sale already had the 4-try bonus.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 16:00
Yes they are getting humped. Letís hppe they keep it up for the next 120 mins.

[Update: Another performance of 2 halves for Saints - which side are we going to get on Friday?!]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 16:43 by BathMatt53.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 17:22
So Glaws score 4 tries and lose by a single point to leapfrog Bath in the table.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 17:57
Bp win moves us 4th.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 18:16
Reading the match thread comments on Shedweb reads much like COML after our match v Newcastle.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 18:32
You should try the Saints board if you want real entertainment. Or failing that, Quins.

Speaking of Saints:

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 18:36 by BathMatt53.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 18:50
Quote:
BathMatt53
Glos to lose. Just because they are Glos.

Totally agree with this (Sm100) and they did

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 19:21
Quote:
BathMatt53
You should try the Saints board if you want real entertainment. Or failing that, Quins.
Speaking of Saints:

[www.northamptonchron.co.uk]
Wow! Thatís rather telling.

[twitter.com]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 19:33
That is just SO WRONG. Its not as though Wales have a crucial match, they are out of contention for the title and playing Italy. Imagine if Faletau or Ford went that route!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 20:40
Someone should tell saints fans that Sale on song are a very good side.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 21:16
This season is setting up to be a classic - looks like 3rd place could be back in play. Virtually anything could happen.

Stuart

Former ed.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 21:21
If ex beat Sarries tomorrow then honestly even a home semi is up for grabs. I'm certainly not saying we're good enough for that (or, frankly, even good at all) but it's a weird season.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 March, 2018 22:28
We have a tough run-in compared with Newcastle, who are arguably the form side in the league at the moment. A win tomorrow is a must.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 15:54
I hear the mighty Brizz were beaten by Jersey, today

GlawsyD
GlawsyD (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 16:59
Yep, we got 2 points - how many did you get?

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 17:36
Tigers traditional sneaking up the table continues

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 18:16
Quote:
GlawsyD
Yep, we got 2 points - how many did you get?

Lol yes something to shout about, you were less bad than Bath but still Losers. Good work.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 18:26
Given the players Leicester have it was a surprise they were down the the table for so long.
They've got the mentality to dig themselves out though and are finally doing so.
Wonder if they'll make the play offs after their 6N contingent get back?

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 18:36
Newcastle have to be favourites with their run-in I would have thought? Great season for them if they do.

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 18:38
Dean Richards is DOR of the season so far for me. Reckon he'll move a bigger club soon and lucky for whoever gets him.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

04 March, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Danchinho
Given the players Leicester have it was a surprise they were down the the table for so long.
They've got the mentality to dig themselves out though and are finally doing so.
Wonder if they'll make the play offs after their 6N contingent get back?

Wouldn't hold my breath on the play-offs but it's now in our hands so that's a plus considering we where like 9 points off at one point.

Mark Bakewell has been the biggest factor so far, getting the forwards to play a more simpler aggressive game plan, our breakdown work and carrying has improved tenfold since he has joined.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 09:14
Quote:
Danchinho
Dean Richards is DOR of the season so far for me. Reckon he'll move a bigger club soon and lucky for whoever gets him.

Given his history I'd be surprised about that.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 09:31
I think Richards is doing a very solid job in Newcastle and appreciates being out of the spotlight.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 17:56
Quote:
Danchinho

BATH ? (Sm100)

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 18:58
It would never happen OBT as he would quickly identify our bunch of powder puff forwards and would want to sack/ transfer them all. That would give Tarquin and his management team huge problems. Whatever we have now has to be motivated, cajoled onto getting results before we can look forward to a positive successful future.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

05 March, 2018 21:46
Quote:
Bathovalballer
It would never happen OBT as he would quickly identify our bunch of powder puff forwards and would want to sack/ transfer them all. That would give Tarquin and his management team huge problems. Whatever we have now has to be motivated, cajoled onto getting results before we can look forward to a positive successful future.

Please do call Beno a "powder puff forward" next time you see him.

Bathovalballer

05 March, 2018 23:02
Why are our forwards consistently out muscled and out fought by the opposition pack, bullied in fact. If players like Obano are as strong and tough as they are purported to be, why the hell don't they put themselves about on the field play? Are they physically intimidated or are just not up to the fight? They must enjoy being bullied because that is what happens week in week out. I say stand and fight and you never know you might get the upper hand and earn some respect. That is the starting point in winning games!

Give it a try you Bath forwards, you never know it might work and you might enjoy the experience and give the team a chance of winning. That would be a novelty!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 08:33
BoB you obviously missed the first 20 mins of the Quins game. Everyone was up for it.

The question is why the performance dropped off.

Bathovalballer

06 March, 2018 09:16
Partly agree Bn Grey, but what is the point of playing for 20/30 minutes? I honestly wonder if our guys are fit enough when compared to the other Prem sides as we seem to loose heart and heads drop when the going gets tough and then loose concentration and start giving away daft penalties. IMO much of that is down to having a strong personality and on field captain who leads by example and with intelligence.

Also, we don't like playing with the ball in hand and going through the phases. That is how all the best sides play/win games and something we need to address. Sometimes you have to kick for position, as long as it is properly chased putting the catcher under pressure , that is sensible and good. But we seem to loose interest and resort to kicking because we don't want to go through the effort of carrying the ball up, and IMO that may be because the guys are tired or feel they are not up to it physically.

Fitness is also in the mind which may be one of our main problems, but you would have thought a fully professional outfit would have addressed those issues by now.

Just hope the rugby brains at the club start rectifying what is/ who is wrong and soon.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 09:22
My point is the strength and aggression you keep on about is there and was plainly visible for the first 20.

The kick chase with the same kicker and chasers worked well last week, but not against quins.

I don't think leadership is a problem. Confidence and discipline certainly are, but I offer no solution.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net