rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

Sam Vesty
06 March, 2018 13:49
Reportedly leaving Worcester at the end of the season.
He's done a good job there (backs/attack coach), in a coaching role we haven't filled; but is surplus with a new coach wanting his own coaching team.

Any takers?

ETA: Linkie

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 13:53 by Which Tyler.

alibev
alibev (IP Logged)

Re: Sam Vesty
06 March, 2018 14:16
Yay, I'll start celebrating now...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 14:21
[www.rugbynetwork.net]

Been reported for a while - personally I think that we could do worse than having some new ideas going forward about...well...going forward. The stats in the Chron (Dan Evans) about lack of penetration, were painful.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 15:39
Would he actually want to move from one underperforming team to another?

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 15:45
Would he want to move to a team at their zenith? The only way seems down.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 15:51
Quote:
OutsideBath
Would he actually want to move from one underperforming team to another?

Depends what his options are I guess - he could do worse than joining us I think.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 16:00
Quote:
DanWiley

Absolutely correct, but joining a club that's apparently in turmoil doesn't seem like a great move.

Ideally you'd want to join a club as one of the final building blocks to success. Bath are nowhere near being that team.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 16:11
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
DanWiley

Absolutely correct, but joining a club that's apparently in turmoil doesn't seem like a great move.

Ideally you'd want to join a club as one of the final building blocks to success. Bath are nowhere near being that team.

There are only a couple of clubs who would realistically win the Prem and they all have attacking coaches. Besides, is he good enough to join a team poised to win the Prem? (I have no idea).

Weeksie
Weeksie (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 16:22
He would be a very good signing. Have heard nobody say a bad word about him. Last I heard he was rumoured to be off to Saints.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

06 March, 2018 16:59
I know that Bath arent exactly firing on all cylinders, but I never get this 'why would he want to come here'

There are any number of reasons including needing an income, he isn't Johnny Wilkinson either

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 09:40
Confirmed as attack coach at Saints.

A shame, as I thought he would have fitted in well, but can't be too disappointed as I never heard that we were after him.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 09:58
That will be painful!

Vesty is the fourth generation of his family to play for the Tigers.[1] His father Phil Vesty made 47 first-team appearances for Leicester as a prop between 1971–1976, his paternal grandfather Albert (Bernard) Vesty made one appearance for Leicester on the wing in the last game of the 1946/47 season, and a great-grandfather, Jack Dickens, a centre-cum-wing, made 15 first-team appearances for Tigers in the 1909–1910 season.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 11:01
We need an attack coach with fresh ideas more than anything. I bet we stagger on next season with the same ineffective group of coaches in situ.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 15:26
I have heard nothing but good about Sam Vesty's coaching, including a spell cutting his coaching teeth at Frome for nothing whilst still in the Bath area.

Personally I hope we can keep Todd but wonder how much pressure he will be under to stay or go. The jury is out on the others and am not convinced of their value in view of our performances.

by
by (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 17:03
Well the plan was set out at the start of season that we were going to play tighter, use mauls, pick and goes etc. I don't mean to criticise Hooper but given how our attack is heavily based on our forwards dominating the tight you think they wouldn't be so quick to give that responsibly to such an inexperienced coach. Coincidentally I'd say our set piece/forward game has gone backwards since around the time he started.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

07 March, 2018 18:52
You said it by not me. But I do agree.

What is Booth responsible for?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net