rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Team's up
08 March, 2018 11:57
Despite everything, still looks like a decent team!

15. Tom Homer

14. Darren Atkins

13. Will Hurrell

12. James Wilson

11. Cooper Vuna

10. Josh Lewis

9. Chris Cook

1. Beno Obano

2. Nathan Charles

3. Max Lahiff

4. Levi Douglas

5. Charlie Ewels (c)

6. Tom Ellis

7. Josh Bayliss

8. James Phillips

Replacements

16. Michael van Vuuren

17. Nathan Catt

18. Henry Thomas

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Paul Grant

21. Kahn Fotualiíi

22. Aled Brew

23. Matt Banahan

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: Team's up
08 March, 2018 12:02
Saints going full strength lol.

Must be nice to only have 5 players missing through injury.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:03
Depends a bit on how many of Saint's 'first team' are selected, but its decent for the AW!
I'd love to see Josh Lewis have a blinder!

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:05
Saints:

Injury update:
Alex Waller, James Craig, Tom Wood, Christian Day and Luther Burrell are all unavailable for selection.

Tuala
Tuitavake
Horne
Francis
Foden
Myler
Reinach

Ma'afu
Marshall
Brookes
Ratuniyarawa
Ribbans
Gibson
Brussow
Harrison

Clare, Van Wyk, Ford-Robinson, Paterson, Nutley, Groom, Stephenson, Pisi

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:06
Quote:
ballsout
Saints going full strength lol.

Thats pretty much the strongest 23 we can put out isn't it? OK a few are on the bench who would normally start but that must be the only 23 we have left?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:10
2 desperate teams going pretty much as strong as they can.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:11
It is what it is - you cannot blame Saints for fielding their strongest side and for having fewer injuries!!!

Nice to see Nathan Charles and Josh Lewis starting - good to see coaches putting faith with Atkins - hope he has a blinder!! my only worry with him is the last 2 times I have watched him his defence looked very shaky.

Lest we forget our home game against Tigers in this competition when we had such a strong side against what was their academy - and we only just scraped it...

Our side is still a strong side - we are at home and hopefully we can cheer the team home.

Come on Bath.

HugoBoss
HugoBoss (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 12:25
Pleased to see Lewis start with Wilson outside of him. In theory, you'd hope that as Lewis works his way back into game time, having another playmaker and older head outside him will help in further identifying opportunities and moves, as well as simply controlling the game. I wish we'd tried this at Quins to be honest.

Good line up elsewhere, a nice strong bench. I very much hope VV picks his game up, he has never convinced me. Its also good to see Douglas getting game time. Not seen much of him in recent times yet he has always looked very capable.

I'm praying for a win if I'm honest. Team morale, the chance of silverware, excitement for the supporters, quite a lot is riding on this game.

Come on Bath!

Adopted Player 2017-18.....Semesa "Freak of Nature" Rokoduguni

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:01
No Zach, have i missed something?

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simples, for rucks sake.

Anyone.But.Tiggers.

Charlie Ewels - Adopted player 2018/19
Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

ShortyinBurnham
ShortyinBurnham (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:03
He injured his neck last week, so not available for 2-4 weeks.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:04
Pie-half

Zach injured himself against Quins.

I think (but am not certain) in pulling off that try-saving tackle.

PG

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:09
It might be a decent "A-Side" but it shows where we are at the moment with injuries and call-ups. Imagine putting that side out in the final of the Premiership.

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:10
ta, must of missed that when i watched the last 2 mins with my head in my hands

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simples, for rucks sake.

Anyone.But.Tiggers.

Charlie Ewels - Adopted player 2018/19
Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:16
If ZM did injure himself chasing down Smith, which makes sense given that he was fine up to that point, then I wish he'd just let him score.

He's more valuable playing for us over the next month than not conceding another 5 points in a match already lost with no BP.

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:34
Quote:
dr.bath1865
If ZM did injure himself chasing down Smith, which makes sense given that he was fine up to that point, then I wish he'd just let him score.
He's more valuable playing for us over the next month than not conceding another 5 points in a match already lost with no BP.

Letting Smith score and getting an injury were probably the last things on ZMís mind as he was getting to the end of his 75m sprint! 😉

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:35
As a player it would have been impossible for ZM to let him go.

Fortunately we've got nothing left to realistically achieve this season so hopefully he'll get some good rehab and take his time.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 13:57
Imagine the scenario: Columbus, off the coast of the West Indies, to his navigator "Aaw, it's only a small island, there won't be anything worth exploring here; let's just sail back to Portugal"!

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 14:11
I should have added... WITH HINDSIGHT.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 14:19
That team is relatively decent given the status, however i have long ceased trying to predict how they will play based on who the team is

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 14:24
Anyone know why Tapuai is not picked or has he gone already? I fear for our back row options for the AP home match v Exeter later this month.................

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 15:09
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Imagine the scenario: Columbus, off the coast of the West Indies, to his navigator "Aaw, it's only a small island, there won't be anything worth exploring here; let's just sail back to Portugal"!

As Dr Bath says, 'with hindsight', maybe Columbus would have been better off doing just that? I could live in a world in which Bath players gave nothing for lost, and in which Trump didn't exist.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 16:26
I hear Exeter used Columbus as a talent scout on his travels, we missed a trick there.

Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 19:03
Thomas to the bench and Batty not involved should reduce the penalty count.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

08 March, 2018 21:41
But Van Vureen has problems throwing in. Much rather have benched Batty who had had little rugby this season and he needs the practice.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 06:21
One thing I can say for certain (& hopefully proved completely wrong) is that this backline will not click. None of them have this season particularly when they are largely untried combinations. If we are going to win this game, and I am not convinced that Saints will roll over & have their tummies tickled, it will be down to the forwards impposing themselves in a disciplined manner & Lewis taking whatever opportunities with the boot that come his way. Myler never used to miss any kicks & I doubt if he is much different. We havenít lost many matches this season from missing penalties, quite the reverse, so I hope this is not the case tonight as margins could well be tight. Like others I havenít a clue how this will turn out. I am equally concerned as to how well we play as the final result.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 07:18
This fixture has little pressure so fully expect Bath to win by at least 10. We only really fail when the players are under pressure.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 07:25
Why is there no pressure? With a top 6 slot practically gone this is all we could salvage from the season.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 07:25
Like against Toulon in the European Cup

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 07:32
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Why is there no pressure? With a top 6 slot practically gone this is all we could salvage from the season.

Winning the AWC does not salvage the season.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 08:46
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Bath Hammer

Winning the AWC does not salvage the season.

I think that's different OB. Yes it doesn't make it a good season but (any) cup final makes it a better season than if we don't get to a cup final. They have to keep aiming for the attainable goals which are top 6 and the AW cup or they may as well just give up now.

tboullem
Houghton Saint (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 09:12
Waller
Hartley
Hill
Lawes
Day
Wood
North
Burrell
Haywood

all not involved do not exactly Saints strongest team though we get your point !

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 March, 2018 09:41
Quote:
Mobbs
Waller
Hartley
Hill
Lawes
Day
Wood
North
Burrell
Haywood

all not involved do not exactly Saints strongest team though we get your point !

To be honest Mobbs having watched a few of your games on BT Sport you are the same as us, its not as much the personnel as whether they actually decide to show up on any particular day... fingers crossed for a good watch - the weather isn't going to help an expansive game!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net