rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

charlieboa
charlieboa (IP Logged)

Johnny williams
11 March, 2018 07:39
Is it which Tyler who crowbars signing him into most topics? If so this could be your lucky day! Rugby paper saying we have signed him as he has a relegation clause.

Would people be happy with him, jj, Clark, willison and wright as our centre options?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Re: Johnny williams
11 March, 2018 07:59
Looks a good player. Is he Welsh because if so & he gets an international call we’ll never seem him (Sm100)

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 08:43
Like Joe C another big strong young lad. Would be very happy with either and even happier with both!

sirtidychris
sirtidychris (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:22
Seriously! Johnny Williams, Jack Wilson, Jackson Willison, James Wilson, Jeff Williams...commtators will have fun !!

fat lock
fat lock (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:25
Time to buy shares in Js and Ws for training kits.....
I blame Jonny Wilkinson

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:42
Quote:
charlieboa
Is it which Tyler who crowbars signing him into most topics? If so this could be your lucky day! Rugby paper saying we have signed him as he has a relegation clause.
Would people be happy with him, jj, Clark, willison and wright as our centre options?
Huzzah!

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:44
Technically Fissler doesn't say Williams has signed, he does his usual set to bolster spiel.

Would be a good signing though and can't see him going down to the champ again.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:47
Don't really know much about him, but this looks promising "He won the 2016 Junior World Championship with England U20s." Probably means Hurrell is off though.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 10:54
Quote:
shipwrecked
Don't really know much about him, but this looks promising "He won the 2016 Junior World Championship with England U20s." Probably means Hurrell is off though.

Wasn't Hurrell always just a short term loan?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 11:03
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Quote:
shipwrecked

Wasn't Hurrell always just a short term loan?

Yes, but he has been more than decent in some tough games so I think some on here hoped for a permanent move.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 11:50
Pat Lam reiterated several time on Friday (was a studio guest) that Hurrell was going back and that they wanted the move to help develop his game away from just being a direct physical presence.

Lost Soul
Lost Soul (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 12:26
I like Hurrell though looks a little to one dimensional for a long term solution

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 15:06
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Technically Fissler doesn't say Williams has signed, he does his usual set to bolster spiel.

???

MESSAGES->author
Tall Paul (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 15:25
Perhaps we have actually signed the world famous film score composer and friend of Steven Speilberg to sort out the PA issues? It could be part of the new stadium plans...

Matt Garvey- proudly adopted for 2017-18

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

11 March, 2018 15:47
Is there actually a credible source linking him with us?

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Barfboy
Barfboy (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 10:05
He signed a new deal with Irish in November. Would be a surprise.

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 10:19
I guess that's where the relegation clause could have been added, as is reported with Joe Cokanasiga.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 11:03
Quote:
Robbinho
I guess that's where the relegation clause could have been added, as is reported with Joe Cokanasiga.

Yes it appears that both signed new contracts but both had the same clause. Good news for us if true.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 14:46
Don't know much about Johnny Williams I must confess. Anyone got any highlights of him or know much of interest about him?

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Pulteney
Pulteney (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:20
How about 21, 6’3” and 16st 8lbs - big lad!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:26
He was very good the season before last before he got relegated the first time.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 17:46
Quote:
hasta
He was very good the season before last before he got relegated the first time.

Slightly unfortunate wording Hasta, it was the team that got relegated, probably not all his fault!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 18:07
I think that he has been injured quite a bit? Hopefully not another Max Clark...the last thing that we need is another big talent on the treatment table.

[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

A torn hamstring in March meant Williams missed Irish’s triumphant Championship run in – a sad end to a frustrating campaign that had already seen him absent for large periods due to earlier knee and hamstring injuries.

Then he had another hammmy injury before Christmas I think.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 18:44
Of course you can’t be certain with any player but some are more susceptible to injuries than others & if we think that is probable we should not sign such a player. I already have concerns as to the value of Max Clark who rarely escapes injury for long. It doesn’t matter how good a player is if he is either regularly injured or playing for his country or both.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 March, 2018 20:56
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Of course you can’t be certain with any player but some are more susceptible to injuries than others & if we think that is probable we should not sign such a player. I already have concerns as to the value of Max Clark who rarely escapes injury for long. It doesn’t matter how good a player is if he is either regularly injured or playing for his country or both.

+1 Agreed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net