rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Lee Bideaux
Armchair Fan (IP Logged)

The Times; "What next for the fallen giants of English rugby?"
14 April, 2018 09:46
Saints, Quins, & Bath

Not paywalled at the time of posting.

I like turtles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 10:08 by Armchair Fan.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

Re: The Times; "What next for the fallen giants of English rugby?"
14 April, 2018 11:39
Interesting, I have to say I hope Bruce/Blackadder/Bath stick together and build/supplement what we have. We shall see.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 01:25
That was never going to happen as Blackadder only committed for 3 years & Matson jumped ship this season so unless TB has changed his mind there wonít be any consistency anyway. It is true that the rate of decline is alarming but the rather superficial article completely ignored injuries which in the cases of Bath & Quins, whilst not the whole story, have played a major part. Thereís also an assumptions that the appointment of the Super Rugby coach at Saints will address their problems. TB was a Super Ruby coach!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 01:29 by Bath Hammer.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 07:23
BH a big difference is that Chris Boyd comes in with a new coaching team including the likes of Vesty. Boyd also knows what it takes to be successful, having led the Hurricanes to their first ever title in 2016 a year after arriving in Wellington and taking the side to the 2015 final. He (along with the others in the coaching team) is a very good appointment for them IMO.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 10:10
Well you could say that we have over performed this season

Carries: 12th
Turnovers won: 9th
Time in possession: 9th
Tries: 9th
Metres made: 9th
Line breaks: 9th
Scrums won: 10th

And yet we are in 8th place, congrats all round

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 17:01 by gaz59.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 10:49
Quote:
gaz59
Well you could say that we have over performed this season
Carries: 12th
Turnovers won: 9th
Time in position: 9th
Tries: 9th
Metres made: 9th
Line breaks: 9th
Scrums won: 10th

And yet we are in 8th place, congrats all round

Thatís encouraging (Sm161)

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 12:19
The one thing that seems to have held is the team spirit - on the basis that we havenít, on the whole, crumbled to pieces - a decent crumb of comfort. But those stats are horrendous - an indictment of the game-planning and the playersí ability and/or willingness to go off script. I do sense a very bad beating today though, unless the game plan (sic) has been chucked out of the window.

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 12:41
I see only mediocrity for the future of our club, we are a team there just to make up the numbers. Do any of us really believe things will change? I mean, just look at our squad of players! Yep, averageness is the future with the odd good win and next year we will have Briss and there owners millions to contend with. Sad days indeed.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 13:01
I see things changing, because they always do.

I look out or squad and see a much better at of players than, to use the tired example, Exeter. Who is lions quality in the Exeter squad? For the most part they are a bunch of fringe internationals at best. That isn't intended as an insult.

Squad quality is neither the problem nor the solution.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 13:41
We need to improve the quality of our squad that is without question - we have not performed this year in key areas - I know Beno and Dunn have had rave reviews yet it is clear our scrum is simply not aggressive or good enough - S/H hopefully the signing of Chudley will go some way to addressing that - KF is getting on and will make more of an impact as a sub - Cook clearly has the ability but he is so hot and cold you cannot rely on him and therefore he needs to address his consistency and learn not to kerb his moments of madness.

The F/Hs this probably causes me more concern - we have two naturally gifted attacking 10s who have not fired all season - partly it is due to the lack of quality we have produced up front but even when they have had good ball they appear devoid of ideas.

The natural instinct to attack is something they both have in abundance so you cannot blame the lack of any kind of game plan - they both just appear so clueless at times - that does worry me.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 15:10
Quote:
BathPatriot
I see only mediocrity for the future of our club, we are a team there just to make up the numbers. Do any of us really believe things will change? I mean, just look at our squad of players! Yep, averageness is the future with the odd good win and next year we will have Briss and there owners millions to contend with. Sad days indeed.

I am as critical as anyone on here but to describe our squad of players as being totally inadequate is a ridiculous overstatement in my view. I agree about the level of performances but I would put that down to the decimation of the squad from injuries & no direction or workable game plan from the coaches, both of which will hopefully be addressed.

Trawling
Trawling (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 18:52
BathHammer check out why Tabai left and then take a long hard look at yourself. Some things are more important than rugby - he did not 'jump ship' you @#$%&.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 19:00
Quote:
Trawling
BathHammer check out why Tabai left and then take a long hard look at yourself. Some things are more important than rugby - he did not 'jump ship' you @#$%&.

We are not privy to all the reasons why Tabai left.

Trawling
Trawling (IP Logged)

15 April, 2018 19:28
Its not a state secret. As was widely reported at the time his mother and mother in law were seriously ill you muppet.

Unless you want to find some dark conspiracy.

Done with this site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 19:30 by Trawling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net