rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

Deleted Thread
16 April, 2018 19:34
A thread referring to an incident in Bath last Saturday evening has been deleted because the matter is sub judice.

PG

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

Re: Deleted Thread
16 April, 2018 19:38
True.,it did sound really bad though.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 20:07
Inappropriate comment David, please keep your counsel until all facts are investigated and reported.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

BathPatriot
BathPatriot (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 22:02
No offence was intended CC.

by
by (IP Logged)

16 April, 2018 22:14
Picked up in the Chronicle now.

[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 06:59
The Chronicle describes the incident but (apart from an eye witness) does not mention or speculate about identities of those involved.

We should follow suit- please no mention of those involved until legal proceedings have taken their course.

Copying/linking to newspaper reports is OK (the paper bears the responsibility).

PG

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 08:27
My sincerest apologies PG!! Had not been aware of these rules - will keep it zipped until all comes out.

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

BBandW
BBandW (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 12:17
Quote:
P G Tips
A thread referring to an incident in Bath last Saturday evening has been deleted because the matter is sub judice.
PG

It's nor sub judice - it's only sub judice when someone is arrested or charged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 12:21 by BBandW.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 12:44
You are correct of course, but I used the term loosely on the deleted thread to ensure public debate and comment on the incident was kept to facts as disclosed in the police investigation. This is not the media to discuss matters which should be reported to the police.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 21:07
I do think you are over reacting or did you block a post or two before hand?
There is absolutely nothing in the Chronicle piece to suggest Bath Rugby is involved and it is only because of your reactions (which I understand) which have made me for one think that Bath Rugby employee shall we say is involved! If there is anything it will be all round toytown Bath by now in any event!

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 06:28
Quote:
annie blackthorn
I do think you are over reacting or did you block a post or two before hand?
There is absolutely nothing in the Chronicle piece to suggest Bath Rugby is involved and it is only because of your reactions (which I understand) which have made me for one think that Bath Rugby employee shall we say is involved! If there is anything it will be all round toytown Bath by now in any event!
you obviously missed the entire thread that was deleted

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 09:05
Shucks that'll teach me to log on sooner! I will just have to wait until the film!(Sm120)

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 14:35
I have a slight update on this from a friend who saw what had begun this issue. The individual in question was acting in self defence from their account having been spat in the face of and punched!

The Police are of course in pursuit of those driving the vehicle given it was essentially a pre-meditated attempt to run people down!

I don't think any individuals from the club will be in trouble from this and from the account of those who saw what sparked the entire incident they are not going to be in any Police trouble. Apologies if any offence caused by original post.

In the meantime let's hope the Police catch those in control of the car!!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 14:53
Good, thanks BD.

Let's let Police enquiries take their course - doubtless it will be a more detailed news item in fullness of time.

PG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net