rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Woodster
Woodster (IP Logged)

Looking on the bright side
16 April, 2018 23:22
I wonder if the fact we have had such a bad run of injuries this season might actually benefit us next season? The game is so attritional I doubt many players go out on the paddock completely free of niggles and many are certainly jaded from over playing.

The majority of our squad will be fresh at the start of next season and will also have had chance to rest niggling small injuries while their "main" injury is repaired/heals.

An adjustment in playing style plus very fresh and fit players might change the picture next season entirely?

Like I said, looking on the bright side.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 23:23 by Woodster.

by
by (IP Logged)

Re: Looking on the bright side
16 April, 2018 23:27
You could have said the same about this season but most of the returnees never managed to get a good run before getting injured again.

The main bright side for me this season, is that there are plenty of obvious things to address over the summer. Recruiting a head coach, refreshing the backroom staff, mind coach and some decent recruitment.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 00:00
Weíve had two consecutive seasons of exceptional numbers of injuries & many from the same players so it hasnít made a difference. If one could be sure that they will recruit a mind coach & an attack coach & stregthen the pack then we could be more confident but will they?

by
by (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 00:13
From the Q&As the club host it sounds almost certain that they'll bring in a new head (attack) and mind coach over the summer, alongside some changes in S&C following an extensive review.

Not expecting any new signings in the pack though.

merc
merc (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 06:04
Wacky locations to go to for the poor persons european rugby.

Italy and Georgia.......

Heaven

merc

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 07:55
Quote:
by
From the Q&As the club host it sounds almost certain that they'll bring in a new head (attack) and mind coach over the summer, alongside some changes in S&C following an extensive review.
Not expecting any new signings in the pack though.

If we could get to the bottom of the S&C issue it would be fantastic, especialy as we are considering a synthetic or hybrid pitch as part of the new stadium, the stadium has to be a huge positive for the future.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 08:07
I don't think we need new forwards, but I would get another forwards coach a la Hats. He transformed our scrum and in leaving it seems to have been transformed back. Broadly the same set of players. An attack coach would be good and so long as we can manage them well, I don't see a downside in having a larger at of coaches.

A mind set coach would be interesting. They've got to be good and I think it's harder to assess. But the last one we had seemed effective.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 08:49
Clearly the fundamental problem is the coaches that require changing for us to progress. However seems to me that we also need forwards that can stay fit for more than a couple of games.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 09:48
Beating Glos (please) would put a small bright patch on the season and cheer up the supporters without hiding the problems of the campaign overall.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 09:57
I would like to say that the silver lining you speak of Woodster is a nice way of looking at things.

The issue is more that people who do get injuries are out long term! Last year I think injuries forced people like Stooke, Brew and Dunn the chance to become first team mainstays. This year the people that have become 1st team mainstays are not even likely to be at the club next year sadly!

I can't see James Wilson staying despite how useful a player of his versatility is and we already know someone like James Phillips is moving on! Both have been consistent matchday 23 players whilst others who it would benefit to have got the extended gametime in the absence of others - e.g. Clark, Ellis, Underhill etc - have had long term injuries too.

As a result we are not much further forward really in helping their careers progress or building that further strength in depth as sadly those younger boys haven't had too many opportunities either. Ellis and Underhill admittedly are both already good players but with everyone match fit are presumably 2nd choices, whilst Clark has been unfortunate to miss a chance at getting a lot of gametime under his belt this year to help push him on.

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

17 April, 2018 16:02
Quote:
B4thB4ck
Beating Glos (please) would put a small bright patch on the season and cheer up the supporters without hiding the problems of the campaign overall.

Totally agree, not matter where we finish I always hope to finish above Gloucester, clearly not going to happen this season ! (Sm128)

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 09:15
The sun is out today, and this bl**dy awful season is nearly over?

MESSAGES->author

18 April, 2018 12:49
Season Ticket price increase may not be as high given weíre in the Euro-Disney Cup next season. Last time that happened Club froze prices, but given continued losses canít see that happening again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2018 12:51 by abendanon-anon-anon.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 15:09
Quote:
abendanon-anon-anon
Season Ticket price increase may not be as high given weíre in the Euro-Disney Cup next season. Last time that happened Club froze prices, but given continued losses canít see that happening again.

Should be a reduction !(Sm42)

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 16:08
Quote:
Old Bath Tub
Quote:
abendanon-anon-anon

Should be a reduction !(Sm42)

If the club did suddenly manage to expand the stadium by a decent number of seats, would the existing price for seats go down do you think given they would have more to fill? I doubt they would but you'd like to think if there was suddenly an extra capacity of 4,000+ more then why not?

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 16:24
Quote:
Big Dog
if there was suddenly an extra capacity of 4,000+ more then why not?

Because the stadium will cost £Xmillion pounds (30? 50?). I think that the Bath season ticket prices have been very reasonable - I note that a few clubs have increased theirs significantly.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 17:11
So long as the club expect to sell 80% of tickets, you won't be seeing a price drop. Even selling less than 80% it would need to be prolonged to benworth dropping the price, more likely to stay steady and let inflation do it.

As for season tickets there's (IIRC) significantly more applications than there are tickets available, so no need to drop the price at all, if anything, you'd say it's under priced to the market.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

18 April, 2018 18:04
Big Dog, by the time we get the new stadium any price cuts will have been cancelled out by inflation anyway.

Positives for me are that a few players who maybe wouldnít have expected much game time for a hell of a lot this season which will hopefully pay dividends in the next season(s) and we continue our world beating record of rebuilding for yet another year. 💥

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2018 18:06 by Rawce.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

19 April, 2018 10:10
"If the club did suddenly manage to expand the stadium by a decent number of seats, would the existing price for seats go down do you think given they would have more to fill? I doubt they would but you'd like to think if there was suddenly an extra capacity of 4,000+ more then why not?"

I'd think the club would, quite rightly, pitch the ticket prices so they maximise profit. That MIGHT mean dropping prices so they fill the stadium. Or they might keep them the same. Unless there is masses of latent fans I can't see them going up and if there is it would suggest our prices are too low currently. I guess they might feel the experience has improved so they can charge more for it? I think the actual experience won't change that much really.

I'm surprised people think our prices are reasonable. How much for an average game does a ST work out at? A pretty poor seat in the Dyson stand can easily cost £50. That seems a lot to me for an hour and a half of "entertainment".

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

19 April, 2018 10:35
I paid £60 for a pretty ordinary seat, no cover, vs Exeter. I only went ahead with it because i'd committed to some friends that we'd go. For me, that's way too high. If we were playing the way we did under Ford, i'd just about consider it again. As things stand I'll keep my £60 + various extras making it close to a £100 night out - watch it on BT Sport and go out for a nice meal instead. It's a ludicrous price. However, it was for much the same seat that i'd paid iirc £30 for the Sale game. I can see that market forces are at work - but how far in advance do they publish match pricing?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 April, 2018 10:45
I paid about £250 for a terrace place after a couple of credits - maybe itís only reasonable because Iím not fussy about standing as long as I get a good view of the game.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

19 April, 2018 11:12
Quote:
DanWiley
I'm surprised people think our prices are reasonable. How much for an average game does a ST work out at? A pretty poor seat in the Dyson stand can easily cost £50. That seems a lot to me for an hour and a half of "entertainment".
It's too expensive for me; and I only really get to watch Bath play at Glos or Wuss.
However, the price is a reflection of demand; and whilst we're near-enough selling out, you can't claim that it's overpriced.

ETA: For the Prem; we're averaging (189290-60880)/9 = 14,268 out of 14,500 = 98.4%
For the Big Boys Cup; we're averaging 41404/3 = 13,801 = 95.2% - which puts us Fourth in the % of capacity table (behind Glasgow 100%, La Rochelle 100%, and Clermont 97%)
AWC 36436/3 = 12,145 = 83.8% - which puts us first in the % of capacity table

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2018 11:28 by Which Tyler.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

20 April, 2018 12:34
That is an impressive turn out by us supports given the teams performance this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net