rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

New Attack Coach
14 May, 2018 13:50
Girvan Dempsey from Leinster.

[www.bathrugby.com]

Great news!

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup (IP Logged)

Re: New Attack Coach
14 May, 2018 13:53
A significant appointment that shows ambition.

That's more like it.

Weeksie
Weeksie (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 13:54
That's fantastic news!

ade1865
Ade1865 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 13:54
Well that came out of the blue!

and possibly, if things go well, to take over the reigns as head coach when/if Todd goes home?

miller8
miller8 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 13:59
Better news than if we had signed Cipriani.. There was me thinking BC was going to do something stupid and he comes up with this. Excited!!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:00
Blimey you don't get much better than that... Welcome Girvan!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:00
Very interesting signing!

by
by (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:01
What a great appointment, perhaps the old age saying "good things come to those who wait" is
true after all.

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:03
Great appointment. Rome wasn't built in a day, but hopefully during next season we'll see some big improvements in attack

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Sam Underhill Adopted Player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:04
Like.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

Has he more responsibility here? Why would you move from them to us, if your job was the same?

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

Superb. He ticks every box, including the most important one of knowing how to coach an attack to win big trophies.

Well done Bruce and Tarquin. Could be our most significant signing in years.

MESSAGES->author
jayeatman (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:07
Quote:
cb2
Has he more responsibility here? Why would you move from them to us, if your job was the same?

Maybe.
Or job done at Leinster, move on to the next challenge.
More money for certain.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:07
Quote:
cb2

Big sack of cash would probably do the trick.

Interesting quote in the middle:

Todd Blackadder said: “This season we’ve learnt a lot about ourselves. We need to be more flexible in our game so that we can better tailor our attack to different opposition.

“Girvan is a fantastic addition to our team and I believe together we can go on to great things, not only next season but for years to come.”

So Todd clearly isn't thinking about leaving at the end of this current contract (i.e. next year) if things go well?

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:09
Quote:
BathMatt53
Interesting quote in the middle:

Todd Blackadder said: “This season we’ve learnt a lot about ourselves. We need to be more flexible in our game so that we can better tailor our attack to different opposition.

“Girvan is a fantastic addition to our team and I believe together we can go on to great things, not only next season but for years to come.”

So Todd clearly isn't thinking about leaving at the end of this current contract (i.e. next year) if things go well?

I just spotted that but too, certainly sounds positive.

robhumperson
Humpo (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:41
Great addition. I'd be very happy for Girv the swerve to run our attack and Todd to run our defence, with Hooper growing into an organisational / DOR role.

Sirengco
Sirengco (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:45
Someone at Bath must have a history writing soap operas.... getting all the 'negative' announcements in first... weeks of mystery and speculation in the middle and then piling on some great ones at the end. (Alternative theory - they work in the STH team)

Great news!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 14:48
To be fair he did have quite an important game at the weekend. Assume they wanted that over with first.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:00
A couple of very encouraging comments in the press release and on the offy:

"Girvan’s appointment is part of Bath Rugby’s long-term plan for developing the right support structures to deliver successful and consistent performances in both domestic and European rugby."

And a quote from Tarquin:

"He will contribute enormously to the balance of our coaching team and to the development of our game for 2018/19.”

I hope these mean we'll hear more soon- about medical staff and a mind coach.

PG

P G Tips

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:13
I thought that the medical staff were all done and dusted?

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:26
Well who’d have thought - I’ve been scouring rugby sites to see who might become available but wasn’t expecting this!! This must boost the players as well.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:44
Fantastic appointment. Just what we need. It could be that Bomber has somewhat usurped him from his role at Leinster or maybe he was looking for a head coach role, though that would mean us finding another attack coach in 12 months time. Alternatively, that comment by TB might mean he is staying on. Don’t know, Don’t care.

Shorty Shorty iiv
Shorty Shorty iiv (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 15:48
Holy ****... (Sm128)

They seem gutted to have lost him, always a good sign!
Thankyou Leinster and Bruce...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 15:53 by Shorty Shorty iiv.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:03
The part I really like is we've gone out and got this sorted EARLY!

No SH coach with current commitments that we have to wait join midseason. Dempsey will be with us from the start of the preseason. So he should get some quality time with the squad before the serious stuff starts.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:13
with the history of appointing coaches that Bath has, do we think that this appointment has been some time in the making?
It would be hard to believe that Dempsey made the decision over the weekend!

Perhaps the final accolade with Leinster on Sunday and our achievement to secure top European rugby next season was the seal on the move.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:19
Yep I agree BathSalmon, it's a big plus being not only a winning coach but also NH, it also brings in ideas from a slightly different culture.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised that its been announced prior to the Pro 14 final but nonetheless its a great acquisition. He also has a perspective on players we might not be aware of.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:22
Quote:
shipwrecked
Yep I agree BathSalmon, it's a big plus being not only a winning coach but also NH, it also brings in ideas from a slightly different culture.
Have to say I'm a bit surprised that its been announced prior to the Pro 14 final but nonetheless its a great acquisition. He also has a perspective on players we might not be aware of.

...and some playing contacts not quite good enough for the Leinster team, say a young prop like Andrew Porter - wonder if he fancies some time with Bath?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 16:47 by BathMatt53.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:31
Interesting point about timing. I wonder how soon after Matson's departure Dempsey's name was shortlisted/pencilled/inked in?

We've had such little direction in the backs all season, with our performances so obviously crying out for an attack/backs-focused coach. If the management were holding out until now so that they could get the right man for the long term, then it is kind of understandable that we've been under-coached since Matson left as perhaps Dempsey said yes but not until I finish the season with Leinster. The fact we've snuck into Europe without the right coaches in place is a bonus.

Roll on next season. I'd love Todd to stay for the long term, but perhaps Lancaster will fancy a head coach role in England this time next year?

by
by (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:46
He was rumoured to be looking at going to Castres last season before extending his contract at Leinster for another year, rather than the 2 years Lancaster and Cullen were given.

One would hope that his name was floated around after Matson's departure and the management decided to be patient rather than making another abrupt signing.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:51
Wowzer

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:53
Excellent news, at last someone in the coaching team with experience of winning. Well done BC.

Now perhaps a coach to fix the lineout?

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 16:58
If that was the case then I would be happy about waiting for someone of this calibre.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 17:10
To what extent is Lancaster running things at Leinster or is Cullen the main man? We all know he talks a good game, but what has he actually delivered at Leinster?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 17:16
Quote:
DanWiley
To what extent is Lancaster running things at Leinster or is Cullen the main man? We all know he talks a good game, but what has he actually delivered at Leinster?

A lot, according to Heaslip and Dan leavy

[www.bbc.co.uk]

"He's been a massive, massive addition to the squad," Ireland and Leinster great Jamie Heaslip told the Rugby Union Weekly podcast.

"He has definitely brought a really good intensity and structure to training and he's been a massive addition in terms of playing, and behind the scenes in terms of culture."

Flanker Dan Leavy, one of a handful of young Leinster players developed by Lancaster and now making hay for club and country, is similarly convinced.

"Stuart revolutionised training through the standards he set. We are blessed with the coaches we have here," Leavy said.

"He is loved and adored in Leinster. I would put him up there with Joe Schmidt," adds Heaslip, in another ringing endorsement.

"It's not about screaming and shouting," former Leinster winger Shane Horgan told the Matt Dawson Rugby Show.

"Top-class players want in-depth detail and that is what he is providing."

(or were you talking about Dempsey?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 17:16 by BathMatt53.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 17:46
WHAT A SIGNING.

Well done the boys in the back. Get a lot of stick on here for decisions that are made but I genuinely think this year they have seen what has happened on the pitch, taken their time and made the right signings in both playing and coaching staff now.

Can truly get excited for next season with a great resource added to the coaching team. If Dempsey can get the best out of our backline (he has some hella good players to work with after all) then we could be absolute fire next season!!

Welcome in advance Girvan - hope the rest of your season with Leinster is successful by the way!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 19:21
Agree with BathSalmon it’s nice we’ve sorted this early. 95% of the squad sorted, maybe a couple of squad players to come! main coaches sorted. Players and coaches can enjoy the off season and come back all guns blazing and COML won’t have a 25 page epic thread as we speculate who’s filling a vital position smiling smiley

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Sam Underhill Adopted Player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 19:29
Well, this is terrible news for the site traffic over the summer.

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 20:33
Wonder if this news will affect peoples' decision to renew STs or not?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 21:29
Quote:
cb2
easy.
Risen through the ranks at Leinster, job done there, but no room for further promotion.
Go prove it wasn't just luck by doing it again elsewhere, somewhere that might open open to future promotion, (or even this job as a promotion is it's attack and HC) and angle for the international job.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2018 21:34 by Which Tyler.

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 21:44
Must confess I was in the likely not to renew ST, but this news has changed many things.

Great appointment, welcome to God’s country Girvan.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 May, 2018 23:58
This appointment following on from the Faletau extension is a vote of confidence in Bath Rugby & an indication as to how it is perceived by others. Many of us have been quite critical of how things have been managed & there have been calls for sackings following what we feel was a quite dreadful season. However, it seems our reputation is still intact & ambitious players & coaches do want to join us. It is a great feeling & I fully expect a surge of new found confidence to take root.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:11
It's interesting, from here I'm thinking was Todd ever really in danger? That certainly wasn't what I was thinking a few weeks back, when I thought he should be given another year, but it seemed like he would lucky to get it. Was that all in fans imaginations?

Coaches wise it does feel a better, though I think we should find a set piece coach and I don't really know what booth and the other guy do. But if we can maintain our defence and get some ideas in attack we've made a big step forward.

Squad wise I think we're good

Obano, Dunn, ?, stooke, attwood(?), Garvey, louw, tf, chudley, burns, roko, Roberts, JJ, jc4, Watson

More over the replacements are good, a couple of calls there could have easily gone any number of ways.

I'm a little unsure about tighthead though.

Go on, get a tighthead and a set piece coach.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:22
Was Todd in danger?

Where are all those people who were asking for his head a few weeks ago?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:39
I think the Todd in danger thing news a mix of wishful thinking from the doom-mongers, and genuine rumour that we had a new head coach coming in, alongside a media (and some posters) who don't tpknow the difference between a HC and a DoR

RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 08:39 by Which Tyler.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:43
Also WT some people made much of seeing packing cases outside his house.

he was getting rid of some recycling!

PG

P G Tips

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:48
Quote:
Boldangrey
Was Todd in danger?

A lot of things turned for him over the last month to be fair. If we had been humped by Gloucs and LI, missed out on Europe and TF, Obano etc had decided that Bath wasn't for them I think that it would maybe have been a bit noisier?

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:55
The first two - then yes, the noises and speculations would onlky have increased; but they'd still have been noises and speculations, not actual rumours.
As for the not-extending of contracts that still had 12 months to run... we wouldn't even have thought of them, as we don't expect any re-signing at this time of year; they are expected October-December for the most part.

RAEBURN SHIELD

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 08:58
There was questions about the sides performance and those questions remain.

The backroom and player recruitment seems encouraging, which is great. However we've also been here before and it's not gone to plan. So we'll see. The club are sticking by Todd and I can get behind that.

Last season's performances won't be forgotten because we recruited well - they'll be forgotten if we play well...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:01
Agreed - I guess what I meant by that was that IF the rumours of player unrest etc had been true. It was clear to me from the various statements from players that they were all behind Todd as he was name-checked by a few of them (including TF when he signed back on) despite what was murmured in the shadows by some.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:09
I too wonder if it is with an eye to a larger job down the road with us.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:10
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Boldangrey
Was Todd in danger?

A lot of things turned for him over the last month to be fair. If we had been humped by Gloucs and LI, missed out on Europe and TF, Obano etc had decided that Bath wasn't for them I think that it would maybe have been a bit noisier?

I don't think they did Matt, the perception might have changed but the factors you mentioned would not all happen in a two week period, those plans would have been initiated months ago, in fact the PGT post above is pretty accurate.

What interests me is that there clearly was unrest and some dissent earlier in the season. It would SEEM that management/player relationships have improved significantly. Someone clearly has done a good job, question is who?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 09:49 by shipwrecked.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 09:27
I believe some of us always wanted to keep Todd, to provide some much needed continuity ax much ss anything for the club and the players, and as he came very well recommended with good pedigree, and not much better alternatives around, I am very glad of him staying. Certainly, if his statement is correct, I hope he stays longer than his contract and forges a partnership with Mr Dempsey which endures.

GD looks as good as we can have expected, but I am not sure how much he did to add to Leinster's success but certainly their results and abilities are there for all to see. Even if he does half of what Leinster have achieved, we will be better off.

Really good news all round IMV in what has been a depressingly unfulfilled season after such a good start. Lets hope the good feelings can continue into next season.

Congrats also to Bath management for capturing a man who must have been in demand elsewhere.

MESSAGES->author
BathSalmon (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 10:11
What I would like to see now:

1. Medical and Mind coach appointments sorted

2. A summer of player re-signings, the majority early before the season starts

3. Some exciting stadium concept designs being released

Salmon

Adopted Player 18-19: Anthony Perenise
Adopted Player 17-18 & 16-17: Dave Attwood
Adopted Player 15-16: Matt Garvey

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 10:28
4. A nice relaxing break for all of the players; before

5. A good pre-season with few injuries.

6. A favorable fixture list (i.e. not playing full strength teams in international windows).

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 16:27
Quote:
Boldangrey
Was Todd in danger?

I was one of them and making the CC with the last 2 wins just about changed my mind.

Still think Edwards, Booth and possibly Hooper should be replaced though.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 16:49
My position was Todd should have one more season, but he must perform in it. That hasn't really changed, what has changed is that I think now he might have the tools to do it where as I didn't before.

My understanding of Edwards remit is that he's our skills coach. Last season we had none, I would call his performance (if I'm right in thinking that was his remit) an abject failure as I really couldn't see our basic skills being much worse. On that basis I think he should go, though I'm not actually convinced of the need for a skills coach. What does he do?

I don't know what Booth's remit is. It could be defence, in which case crack on. It could be attack in which case, bye. It could be "forwards" in which case he's used up a certain number of his lives. But he has some credit as from the start of two seasons back when we were getting some surprising results and somehow felt more than the some of the relatively worn parts at the time.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 17:07
Banners' revival a few years ago seemed to coincide with Edwards' arrival. So too our aerial nouse, especially at kick off where we were terrible at chase and especially receipt for a good few seasons. I think there was a bit presented by the club at the time about the focus on enhancing individuals' specific skills as opposed to trying to teach old dogs new tricks. I've rightly or wrongly attributed this uptick to Edwards.

My take on this playing year is a lack of consistent selection options, poor front foot ball/hospital passes and TCUP. All of these may manifest as individual errors, but seem to have 'team' as the root cause. Hopefully a mind coach will also assist.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 17:25
Banners revival coincided 100% with someone realising he's a winger.

I can say I did see a different in these things around 2014.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 17:29
Quote:
DanWiley

I think that there were various articles at the time - he attributed his resurgence (under Mike Ford?) to having tried to hard to pay a more complex game and when he simplified it and ran over people / made space for others he was far more comfortable and successful.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 17:51
That too. Plus the self belief/love for the game that he had admitted been lacking in previous years as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 17:52 by Rawce.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 19:01
Quote:
DanWiley

He was a pretty good centre/number 8 against Irish.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 19:15
Quote:
hasta
Quote:
DanWiley

He was a pretty good centre/number 8 against Irish.

You would have been a pretty good centre /number 8 against Irish I would guess Hasta...they weren't the yardstick that day by any means.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 21:20
Anyone who has seen me in a MozMatch would disagree.

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

15 May, 2018 22:46
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Boldangrey
Was Todd in danger?

I was one of them and making the CC with the last 2 wins just about changed my mind.

Happy to put my hand up and agree that I felt the same.

Am I a ‘Doom Monger?’, I don’t think so.

Reality is that two decent performances allied with the extremely good fortune in other results have bought Toddy more time. I truly hope Dempsey brings a new dimension to our game plan. But grateful as we all are for CC rugby next season, anyone who thinks 5he past season has been a success aid drunk on the koolade.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 16:32
To add to the head coach / DOR confusion:

[www.quins.co.uk]

The appointment sees the previous Director of Rugby role at Harlequins split in two, Head of Rugby and General Manager (Rugby). Gustard, 42, as Head of Rugby, will over-see the day-to-day coaching of Harlequins’ rugby squads. He will work alongside the General Manager (Rugby), who will be responsible for enabling high-performance across the Club’s entire rugby department (including women and academy structures), player and coach recruitment and contracts. Both posts will report to the Chief Executive.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 16:38
Yes that's as clear as mud!

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 16:45
Quote:
Kidney Stone
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
Boldangrey
Was Todd in danger?

Happy to put my hand up and agree that I felt the same.

Am I a ‘Doom Monger?’, I don’t think so.

Reality is that two decent performances allied with the extremely good fortune in other results have bought Toddy more time. I truly hope Dempsey brings a new dimension to our game plan. But grateful as we all are for CC rugby next season, anyone who thinks 5he past season has been a success aid drunk on the koolade.

I was very disenchanted with the Bath Rugby style/game plan before the last two games that gave us HC rugby. I am delighted we made the HC as are others on 'ERE but more delighted with the way we chose to play in those last two games. I hope the new attack coach uses the last two games as a blueprint for 2018/19. If we start the new season in the style we finished the old then I'll be a happy supporter. EPRC pool draws are made 20/6, I don't fancy Leinster but I can't help feeling it's going to happen...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 16:59
Anyone know how the euro champs cup seedings work? Obviously we will be in the lowest seeded group but is the highest on domestic position or previous champs cup performance (or something else?).

I'm hoping for one (preferably 2) nice away trips somewhere warm and / or fun. Racing Amsterdam or Kefalonia Warriors would suit assuming St Lucia haven't entered a team.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 17:55
Hopefully we won't get another English team as that's just boring.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 18:48
Stolen from a similar thread on Shedweb:

Tier 1 Leinster Scarlets Saracens Exeter Montpellier Racing Lyon Castres

Tier 2 Glasgow Wasps Leinster Scarlets Saracens Exeter Munster Newcastle Montpelier Racing Lyon Castres

Tier 3 Edinburgh Toulouse Leicester Munster Newcastle Montpelier Racing Lyon Castres

Tier4 Ulster Gloucester Cardiff Blues Toulon Bath

Those in bold are certain, those that aren't are still 'floaters'. A couple of southern french teams and Munster would be nice. Agree with OB, no English teams please Europe is supposed to be a break from the norm.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 19:22
Provided the rules are the same as last year, as I understand it we are guaranteed to have another English team in our pool. There are a total of 7 English clubs in the draw, with 5 in tiers 1-3. Those 5 will be kept is separate pools, which means each pool will have an English team from tier 1,2 or 3. Two pools will then get an additional English team from tier 4.

Pool draw rules 2017/18:
The Clubs are divided into four tiers based on their status as championship winners and/or on their qualifying positions in their respective leagues. This will be done by a draw in advance of the main pool draw.

Once the tiers are determined, each of the pools will abide by the following principles.

- Each pool will have at least one club from each of the three leagues.
- Each of the five pools will have one club from each of the four tiers.
- There will be no more than two clubs from the same league in a pool.
- No pool will contain two Guinness PRO12 clubs from the same country.
- Clubs from the same league will be kept apart until the allocation of the Tier 4 clubs.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

22 May, 2018 09:55
Quote:
dcsh
Provided the rules are the same as last year, as I understand it we are guaranteed to have another English team in our pool. There are a total of 7 English clubs in the draw, with 5 in tiers 1-3. Those 5 will be kept is separate pools, which means each pool will have an English team from tier 1,2 or 3. Two pools will then get an additional English team from tier 4.
That's certainly my understanding (assuming we ARE pool 4).
What's the bets that it'll also be a team we get in the new AWC farce of a replacement?

I can see it now
Exeter twice in the Prem; twice in the Champ; once in the AWC; and then again in the KO stages of the AWC (hopefully + KO stages of the Prem)

RAEBURN SHIELD

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

22 May, 2018 13:08
Unbelievable start to the summer. Not only one of best available attack coaches for Bath but one of the most sought after managers for West Ham. Yippee!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net