rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Comeonmylovers.co.uk
Comeonmylovers.co.uk (IP Logged)

Not at The Party: Premiership Playoffs
16 May, 2018 09:32
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2018 20:26 by CoochieCoo.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Not at The Party: Premiership Playoffs
16 May, 2018 09:42
A record breaking premiership season.

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Interesting stat:

- 776 tries were scored Ė the MOST ever beating the 750 tallied in 1999/2000
- 449 penalty goals kicked Ė the FEWEST ever Ė previous lowest was 514 last season

I see that Exeterís tally of 85 league points is the 2nd best ever after Saracens 87 points in 2013/14. Dominant.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 10:36
The note about the legality of Exeter "bellyflopping bodies all over the breakdown" is one that I have questioned for a long time.
It has become a major part of their game p[lan.
I am not sure what the laws actually say but to date it would appear that referees have let them get away with it.

Perhaps to the absolute letter of the law this seems to be acceptable, or at least hard to differentiate between right and wrong. To my mind it gives them an unacceptable advantage in the opposition's ability to win the ball - something which the laws aspire to in making the game more competitive.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

17 May, 2018 13:49
There was a time not long ago when refs would routinely penalise a player for flopping over the breakdown to delay ball release then the urge to keep the game moving however slower and refs have had to just let it go

Some teams have really maximised advantage from this and Chiefs are certainly one

I don't have a preferred team here but Deano lifting the trophy at HQ would get a few of the old farts spluttering into their beer

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 11:56
Hmmm...

15.12 Player must endeavour to remain on their feet throughout the ruck
15.16.(d) players must not fall over the ball as it is coming out of a ruck

I guess so long as you attempt to stay on your feet, or appear to, and fall away from the ball. I wouldn't want to make a tactic out of it though.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 14:39
Given his record I wouldn't welcome Richards having success again.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

18 May, 2018 14:58
Not one for forgiveness huh OB?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 08:07
Quote:
johnnyf
The note about the legality of Exeter "bellyflopping bodies all over the breakdown" is one that I have questioned for a long time.
I am not sure what the laws actually say but to date it would appear that referees have let them get away with it.

Perhaps to the absolute letter of the law this seems to be acceptable, or at least hard to differentiate between right and wrong. To my mind it gives them an unacceptable advantage in the opposition's ability to win the ball - something which the laws aspire to in making the game more competitive.

Perhaps we should learn from this & if it is deemed legal do the same. Our methods donít seem to get us anywhere.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 14:22
Very enjoyable first semi final to watch. A couple of strange decisions going against Wasps, but you canít take anything away from Sarries in attack, absolutely superb and marshalled brilliantly by Farrell who was a class apart.
Saracens looking ominously strong especially at scrum time, and I hope that they now go on to lift the trophy.

Canít see it but would love Newcastle to pull off a surprise and win at Sandy Park, then itís a day out at Twickenham next weekend for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2018 14:42 by Awp24975.

southgate
southgate (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 18:35
Quote:
johnnyf

I've said this many times ,they flop over the ball other Exeter players then come in rolling the flopped players so the other team can't get near the ball.Look at Nowell's first contribution to the six nations flops on the ball and gives away a penalty.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2018 21:56
Clinical, hugely successful ..and very boring. Will definitely be supporting Sarries next week.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

20 May, 2018 16:27
Quote:
BathMatt53
Clinical, hugely successful ..and very boring. Will definitely be supporting Sarries next week.

+1

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

21 May, 2018 20:00
I hope Girvan Dempsey was watching and taking notes of the Semis.

Plenty of hints there and attacking themes to emulate/ build on:

* Saracens early intensity of support play
* Wasps loose forwards ability to break and pass
* Exeter's running lines

to name a few.

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2018 14:35 by P G Tips.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

22 May, 2018 14:06
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Jack Willis: Wasps flanker sidelined for up to 12 months with knee injury

Scans revealed he has injured several ligaments, including a rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

Poor lad - wishing him a rapid recovery.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

22 May, 2018 16:30
Quote:
BathMatt53
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/44209849
Jack Willis: Wasps flanker sidelined for up to 12 months with knee injury

Scans revealed he has injured several ligaments, including a rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

Poor lad - wishing him a rapid recovery.

Interesting comments by Monye about the 4G pitch and it's potential contribution to injury.

Also Scarlets not happy with Glasgow 4G pitch.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

25 May, 2018 23:14

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

26 May, 2018 06:48
Brilliant, brilliant player. Nice bloke too so everyone says.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net