rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

quanco
quanco (IP Logged)

Wales vs SA (Spoilers)
02 June, 2018 21:57
0-0 10mins gone.

Eddie Jones in the week talking about the intensity needed in training to match that of test rugby... Carley taking it right out of this game.

Josh Bayliss [Bath Rugby] - Adopted Player 2018/19

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

Re: Wales vs SA (Spoilers)
02 June, 2018 22:32
Carley is consistent.

Consistently awful.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 23:08
Between the greasy ball, players who donít know each other (on both sides) and Matt Carley reffing like a robot this is one of the worst games I have seen in a long time. Not a great advert for rugby in the US.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 23:14
Certainly a poor advert for the game. Another scrum and I might be sick!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 23:25
Awful, awful game.

Substitute
Substitute (IP Logged)

02 June, 2018 23:35
That was like watching a under-16s B team... Surprising lack of basic skills, what a waste of a trek to a half-empty DC.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 00:39
The only thing England need to worry about is SA counter rucking apart from that neither side showed anything to worry about. Dreadful game!

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 07:36
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that game. Other than Hadleigh Parkes >>> Owen Watkins

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 10:16
Quote:
shipwrecked
The only thing England need to worry about is SA counter rucking apart from that neither side showed anything to worry about. Dreadful game!

That is a supreme level of over confidence. After Englandís recent performances & team selection issues I think itís just as well that the Springboks arenít on fire (Sm100)

bathwickboy
bathwickboy (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 10:25
What a total waste of a couple of hours of my life! I am struggling to think of a more dreadful game that I have watched and as an advert for International rugby in the USA, it was a total disaster.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 10:34
Well i'd have to agree. If at the breakdown we don't compete ferociously we could end up in trouble, the SA pack drove over the ball with real purpose. If they get plenty of that then we are in trouble. Problem for SA of course is that they give away free tries. Expect an arial bombardment from England next saturday.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 11:49
Quote:
bathwickboy
What a total waste of a couple of hours of my life! I am struggling to think of a more dreadful game that I have watched and as an advert for International rugby in the USA, it was a total disaster.

On the plus side itís two fewer hours in purgatory. I could only manage the first half...

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 June, 2018 11:56
Oh Matt you missed the double charge down that led to the final try! Comedy kicking of the highest order.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 09:30
The problem with rugby as a popular game is that matches like this are always a possibility. To be brutally honest we could say, as passionate as we are, that it is not the most ideally devised format as an entertainment for the masses. There are brilliant games & there are dreadful ones like this one and you can never be sure what will be delivered on a particular day. When planning a game in the USA maybe the coaches should get together to ensure that an open attacking game ensues & for onece disregard the outcome, rather like the Ba-baís approach.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 09:37
...after the dire Saracens/Newcastle 'spectacle' a few months ago, rugby union isn't exactly putting on its best look Stateside.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2018 10:41
New Zealand vs Ireland couldn't have gone much better, to be fair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net