rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

Poll: Season Ticket renewal
08 June, 2018 09:05

Who is renewing?

Renewed already
About to renew
Not sure as yet
Not renewing

You must be logged in to vote.

66 Votes

Show results

The deadline for renewal is Friday 15. Thought it would be useful to know if the Club's actions have convinced us or not?

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: Poll: Season Ticket renewal
08 June, 2018 09:11
I called the club the other day to ask how I would go about getting an additional season ticket (terraces, either side). They made it very clear that there is zero chance without membership and that membership was now full for this year.

On that basis the Club's actions have clearly convinced a lot, whether it is the people on this forum or not.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 09:33
That's a fscinating observation BathMatt.

So despite all of us moaning about things all season, having so many matches on cold and wet Friday nights, increasing ability to watch matches on screens at home, and all of those terrible injuries, there is still nothing quite like the atmosphere of being "at the match".

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 09:47
Nobody so far voted in the last 2 categories.

Doomsayers on holiday -or has apathy taken over?

PG

P G Tips

Paul Grant: my adopted Player, 2017-18.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 10:17
Nope.
And as for the response from the club, the membership category is an extra - not the basic season ticket.

I suspect my nice 'row' neighbours will have snapped up my tkt as soon as voting opens.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 10:25
Yes, they wanted me to spend £50 in the autumn to stand a chance of being in the mix for a ticket should one be spare next July - there were no additional benefits for this season other than that I would be paying to be considered next season. Seemed odd.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 10:49
I renewed 24hr after the opportunity to do so. The way we played in the last two games and made it into the HC cheered me up immensely. Now looking forward to the pre season matches and the new season. If we get Munster in our HC group my cup will runneth over...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 15:48
Too many games on a Friday night and i cant get down from london on time, or on the occasions i could costs me a fortune on the train.

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simple, for rucks sake.

A.B.L.

Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

Bath Supporter Jack

08 June, 2018 16:03
I think we knew who one of the two non-renewers was ..........I am guessing that Pie-Half (great name) is the other one.

Thomond Park in the HC is also on my bucket list......as is Clermont Auvergne

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 16:05
Quote:
BathMatt53
I called the club the other day to ask how I would go about getting an additional season ticket (terraces, either side). They made it very clear that there is zero chance without membership and that membership was now full for this year.
On that basis the Club's actions have clearly convinced a lot, whether it is the people on this forum or not.

Im not renewing mainly due to Friday's but is it the case that I cant even get a membership, I've got over £300 in the account

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 17:42
You canít get one for this season was my understanding - you would need that to get the extra ST. You can get a membership when the season starts I think (aug / sept). I didnít quiz too much as it wasnít any use for me...

DaveOfTrow
GrumpyDave (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 17:55
Renewed pretty early. Persuaded by pgís reports from farleigh that suggest the club is focussed on the right things, by the end of season form, the prospect of heine rugby and the hope that thereís enough demand on ticket exchange for me to dump my ticket for the Friday games.

Jimmer1
Jimmer1 (IP Logged)

08 June, 2018 21:42
Not renewing after 15 odd years, along with a few others I sit with.

Iíve heard it all before and tired of leaving games in a worse mood than when I walked in to the ground. The trip to Kingsholm for the Anglo Welsh was the last straw for me. That and the fact the Club hasnít even contacted me about renewing; literally just a number.

Will always support the club and still do a few home games, plus maybe some more away trips.

All a bit sad really.

Omba
Omba (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 10:02
Season ticket transfer question. So if I have two, want to reduce to one and have a friend who will take the spare, would we be able to simply go to office and have it reassigned, or would it go back in the pot and be allocated to a "member" from the list

Eastbath
Eastbath (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 14:10
No idea but they are pretty helpful in my experience.
You may well not be able to transfer to a new season ticket holder as he would be jumping the queue, however they may hold it for you till the he can buy it.
If not buy it and get the dosh off him?
Good luck

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 15:32
Just renewed for Mrs and I mainly because both now on the concession rate which equates
to £100 discount each, but for us Friday night games an issue(Sm128)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 16:48
OBT

Same with me.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 16:54
And me.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

09 June, 2018 18:30
Quote:
Omba
Season ticket transfer question. So if I have two, want to reduce to one and have a friend who will take the spare, would we be able to simply go to office and have it reassigned, or would it go back in the pot and be allocated to a "member" from the list

I did that last year swapped my seat for a STH who was not renewing. He wrote to the club saying he was not renewing and was happy for me to take the seat. so email the ticket office.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

10 June, 2018 07:33
Just renewed..... glutton for punishment, but gets me out the house!

miller8
miller8 (IP Logged)

10 June, 2018 10:26
Every one in my group on the east stand has renewed

bathwickboy
bathwickboy (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 12:07
I genuinely thought about giving up my season ticket for next year after some dreadful performances at the Rec, but when top flight Heineken Cup was secured, it changed my mind. At least I can see the best teams in Europe play, hopefully no Thursday night games, some good coverage and discussion of the matches on BT sport and a chance for a few away trips to good locations.
Have now paid and looking forward to next season. I think we have a very strong squad on paper, but sadly we never seem able to get them onto the field at the same time!

Omba
Omba (IP Logged)

11 June, 2018 16:57
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
Omba

I did that last year swapped my seat for a STH who was not renewing. He wrote to the club saying he was not renewing and was happy for me to take the seat. so email the ticket office.

Thanks for that, will give it a try

Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 16:12
Just got an e-mail with a video from Batty and Catty.

Forgot what they looked like its been so long..............

Nice to know they are keeping well in the sun at Farleigh Spa

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 16:43
Me Too!
With useless warning that I only have 4 days left to renew.

p.s. Who are Batty and Catty? Must look up some old team sheets.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 17:08
They are the latest media sensation.

Think Abbott & Costello / Laurel & Hardy / Barker & Corbett / Morcambe & Wise

and then Batty & Catty - the classic comedy duo.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 18:21
3 days to go to change your minds! winking smiley

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 18:30
I renewed despite the lack of progress on the pitch.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 19:23
Quote:
OutsideBath

(Sm60)

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

12 June, 2018 19:35
Quote:
OutsideBath

The triumph of hope over expectation, good on you. One could argue, tenuously mind, that we did make progress on the pitch given our AWC final place and a Top 6 finish despite our players starring in the rugby equivalent of Emergency Ward 10 for most of the season. If the final two games are an indication of how we will play in 2018/19 it will be an entertaining season. COUB!!

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 07:39
Yes renewed my STH on the terrace last night, after much soul searching. I really didnít enjoy the rugby Bath served up after a good start to the season.

The last two games showed promise and weíll be stronger in the centres, a weakness for some time.

But I really would missing seeing freinds and familiar faces at the ground and the buzz of live rugby. Looking forward to the new season

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 08:46
It will be quite interesting to see that poll or a fresh one when we have passed the final date for renewal.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 09:54
Think it will also be interesting to read after any prospective non player appearance next season and whether STHs feel short changed in anyway.....

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 10:19
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Think it will also be interesting to read after any prospective non player appearance next season and whether STHs feel short changed in anyway.....

If they feel short changed by that then they need to get out more?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 10:52
Quote:
Bathovalballer

That would be meaningless because there will be a whole season to decide. Clearly many make off the cuff decisions not to renew but eventually do.

Tomato Soup
Tomato Soup (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 18:06
BathMatt53 I think getting out more is exactly the point of not renewing.

I will be happy watching on a Friday on BT Sport happy knowing I can switch off or over.

Instead of being "had over" for the 15th season in a row.

I have been going there since 1983 on and off and almost every game at home since 2003.My first experience of watching Bath was an evening game as a boy and I still remember Roger Spurrell telling me off for messing around - I was 12. Its taken a huge amount of soul searching not to renew.

I am very sad about it but I am going to do something that makes me happy and not so bitter and resentful.

I really think that the club is a shambles and I really believed that Bruce Craig would change things - but he hasn't made a difference at all.

I will always follow Bath and when I think the time is right I will no doubt come back, but as another poster mentioned, leaving in a worse mood than when you arrived isn't entertainment.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 18:28
BOBs point was feeling short changed if DA leaves I thought? That would be odd IMO as I would guess that the teams position in the league and how they play would be much more important.

(But, in relation to your point, quite right, if you aren't enjoying it the why not do something else - I would do the same. You definitely shouldn't feel bitter or resentful about a load of big blokes chasing a ball around, in the grand scheme it really is pretty low on the list of important things isn't it.)

archie10
archie10 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 19:06
I am still undecided, I would have definitely not if we hadn't got in the big boys cup, to many Thursday/Friday night games, But now I am really split, like my seat and the people around me, but the rugby, still 2 days to decide.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 19:17
Just bear in mind that the likelihood is that you are giving it up for several seasons not the one. I had to cancel a few years ago due to family illness and was a nightmare to get another - if I had the same situation I would probably buy it and go to a few whilst selling the rest.

[edit: no I donít work for the ticket office / marketing dept]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 19:18 by BathMatt53.

Montyuk
Montyuk (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 23:35
I'm in the process of renewing. I'm two rows from under the canopy in the Gem stand and would like to move back so I get some shelter when it rains. If that doesn't work out I'll keep my existing seats. Last season had some disappointments but also some great games.

Roko back. Some positive signings. A great stadium in a beautiful city. An excuse for a few beers. Hopefully some better rugby.. whats not to like?*. COYB!

* The stadium announcer. The weird Tears for Fears Bath Rugby song.

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 11:22
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I wonder if the players ever feel short changed by the fans.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 11:54
Don't we pay them? I suppose they could change career if they don't feel like they are getting enough.

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

20 June, 2018 13:52
just got called for my last chance to renew, didnt take it, feeling sad after 10 years, but heyho

Kaapstad
Kaapstad (IP Logged)

20 June, 2018 16:41
It's a difficult thing to do W.

I thought about it for quite some time. As someone pointed out (it may take a long time to get another ST once you have left). But I would be a hypocrite going along if my heart wasn't in it.

Although I've been going for 20 plus years I struggle to enjoy being at the Rec with the awfull PA man. The club seem happy with average/midtable as long as they make to Europe every year?

I wish the club well and those of you still supporting the club- all the best for the season ahead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net