rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Shorty Shorty iiv
Shorty Shorty iiv (IP Logged)

James Wilson still in Bath
13 June, 2018 13:14
Noticed on Rhysís Instagram feed that him and Wilson were enjoying a BBQ in Vicki Park the other day... With pre season starting next week, I believe, itís promising that heís still kicking about and surely if he had left heíd be back in his own back yard by now?!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

Re: James Wilson still in Bath
13 June, 2018 13:41
Wilson put something that I can't quite work out on his twitter which was:

Ben Foden: Pre season - nahhhhh youíre alright this year thanks for asking
James Wilson: Treat yourself old fella, from experience in this department, it can work a treat.

Does that mean that he is or isn't doing pre-season?!

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 15:15
From Wilson's insta it could be he's taking an extended break which eats into pre-season. I think he might be pretty 50/50 on re-signing or retiring.

Shame we're all clutching at straws on social media haha!

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

13 June, 2018 18:59
Bath Matt -
To my mind that could be an invitation from Wilson to Foden to come and join him at pre-season in Bath.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 07:20
Wow, time to play around with celebrity instagram - what the heck did we do before social media came along

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 07:28
Foden is going to play for Major League Rugby in New York next season.

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 14:10
Wonder if the delay in confirmation one way or other with a Wilson is if itís conditional on some other deals coming together - either players in or out?

Or it could just be like when Kahn joined and they pretty much forgot to announce it until the season was about to start.

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 16:47
Interestingly, Chris Ashton has requested release from Toulon as his family have failed to settle.
I'm not suggesting he's our ideal answer, but he'd be better than no-one if Wilson retires, and would be challenging for starts here; and this late in the day to start contract negotiations will have romance of a big pay cut, especially if he wants to play in the big cup...

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 16:56
The main reason I can see for letting banners go is he's on a downward trajectory, to bring Chris feels like a bit of an insult to add to that injury.

I don't think its a problem we need to solve either, with Roko, Brew, Vuna, JC4, Homer and Watson back 3 players aren't a problem. Generally I think we're ok in the backs.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 17:06
Also jack Wilson on the wing and the new 7s bloke RM. Atkins should be useful as well as a squad player I would have thought.

Yes more than covered for back 3 IMO...mind you I would still make some space for this chap:

[www.newshub.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2018 21:07 by BathMatt53.

by
by (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 09:57
Surely Ashton will be going back to Sarries.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 10:40
Isn't Strettle going back to Sarries already? If I were Bris I'd throw tonnes of money at him. I wonder if Sale would be a great fit as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net