rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

England Team v SA Second Test
14 June, 2018 11:13
Launchbury returns. Robshaw not in 23.:

Starters

15 Elliot Daly (Wasps, 19 caps), 14 Jonny May (Leicester Tigers, 35 caps), 13 Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 11 caps), 12 Owen Farrell (Saracens, 59 caps), 11 Mike Brown (Harlequins, 70 caps), 10 George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 46 caps), 9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 75 caps); 1 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 50 caps), 2 Jamie George (Saracens, 26 caps), 3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins, 11 caps), 4 Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 52 caps), 5 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 20 caps), 6 Brad Shields (Hurricanes/ Wasps, 1 cap), 7 Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 2 cap), 8 Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 35 caps)

Finishers

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 6 caps), 17 Joe Marler (Harlequins, 57 caps), 18 Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, 9 caps), 19 Mark Wilson (Newcastle 2 caps), 20 Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 15 caps), 21 Ben Spencer (Saracens, 1 cap), 22 Danny Cipriani (Wasps, 14 caps), 23 Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, 3 caps)

PG

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: England Team v SA Second Test
14 June, 2018 11:23
So clearly the win is more important than exploring our strength in depth.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 11:24
What did Isikwie do that was so bad to get taken off early last week and not included in the 23 this time out? He has been on fire in the Prem.

I guess Brown is in one the wing again to test how we can defend against pace when down to 14 players.

They could have started with Solomona and had Lozowski on the bench.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 11:44
Brown is on the wing again as a massive ‘get stuffed everyone, I pick the team’ by Eddie.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 12:05
"Brown is on the wing again as a massive ‘get stuffed everyone, I pick the team’ by Eddie."

Do you really believe that?

Sure, Eddie picks the team, get stuffed. It doesn't need saying. But I really don't think Eddie does need to say it so why would he?

I still think that he's there to pass on experience. Ok hasta doesn't think that's very valuable, fair enough, let's not go over that again. But if you accept he does have experience to pass on it seems a much more likely reason.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 12:10
I think that his wing options are limited by the available squad but yes I’m surprised that he chooses to pick him on the wing again on performance alone, even with the try that he probably shouldn’t have been allowed to score. I remain amazed that, with all the money and talent in England, Mike Brown is the best left winger available.

(As you say, all been said before and getting a bit boring now)

Interested to see how Shields gets on, starting in his favoured position. Could be a nicely balanced back row.

RuggyBuggy
RuggyBuggy (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 12:34
No reserve lock again, madness. Messing Shields around by potentially shifting him to second row again achieves nothing, must be wondering why he signed up for this. Or maybe Wilson will get stuck in the second row, under preform because it is not his position, then get discarded completely. Isiekwe confidence already given a kicking, through no fault of his own. Meanwhile, mediocrity is rewarded. Eddie's selections defy logic.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 13:09
I'd be pretty surprised if England don't win this.

Launchbury is never less than outstanding so he will make a big difference. The back-row has a great balance to it, and Robshaw has looked increasingly like a bloke with little left to give.

I wish he'd just play Brown at full-back if he feels he needs him in the side.

I can see him leaving Cipriani on the bench.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 13:14
We could have played Solomona or Daly on the wing and had Woodward at 15, then put Cipriani and Lozowski on the bench. We could also have tried the boldest of moves and put Daly at 13. It is a risk to play someone in their correct position these days.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 13:27
Wouldn't that stop him doing that with Slade?

MESSAGES->author
Robbinho (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 14:06
The Isiekwe decision is a bit odd - sure he missed some tackles but he’s hardly alone in that regard. And Jones has done this before this Luther Burrell and Teimana Harrison, neither of whom really got much of a look in again.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 14:26
When Jones hooked Burrell it seemed like evidence of his boldness and instant feel for the game. Now, along with much of what he says and does, it looks like confusion.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 15:25
Thought hooking Isiekwe last week was very harsh. I actually thought of the two second rows he generally had a better game than Itoje who was giving away some incredibly petty and silly penalties in his running fracas with Faf de Klerk!

I am surprised by the decision to not put a second row on the bench again but I am interested to have Mark Wilson on the bench. He's been great for Newcastle and was superb in Argentina last year I though with little plaudits. Hughes is the one I'd remove from the bench but presumably as a result of Billy V's injury run he is covering in case there is an early removal there.

Bit more solid looking than last week and so we will see how it goes I suppose! England to win this one but it'll be close again I think!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 June, 2018 18:44
Eggchasers were talking about Isikewe -apparently in the preceding 5 mins to being hooked he had looked completely lost, missed tackles, wandering around not getting into the defensive line.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2018 10:27
Did he get a bang to the head? He has looked great in the Prem and covers 2nd row and back row in a similar way to Lawes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net