rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Jonathon Joseph...
18 July, 2018 20:35
[www.somersetlive.co.uk] Has second foot operation

MESSAGES->author
Which Tyler (IP Logged)

Re: Jonathon Joseph...
18 July, 2018 20:47

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

18 July, 2018 20:47
What wretched luck for all concerned.
Those injured have our sincere simpathies while the supporters and the club would dearly love to see them playing again.

There surely has to be more to Bath's severe injury rate other than simple misfortune.

Shorty Shorty iiv
Shorty Shorty iiv (IP Logged)

18 July, 2018 21:15
I think this is stage two of the getting the foot fixed, this was always planned.

Bath Supporter Jack

19 July, 2018 09:02
Dreadful news/luck

Both Watson and Joseph needed a clear pre-season to really get going for Bath and then England

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 09:42
@#$%& Biscuits!

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Sam Underhill Adopted Player 2018/19

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 09:55
Agreed with Shorty Shorty - I think this was an anticipated second stage!

Just remember that having surgery does not always = months out! A little nip and tuck can be resolved in weeks after all. Look at Sonny Bill Williams - was having knee surgery and three weeks later started for the All Blacks in the third test against France!

I am sure JJ will still be fit and ready to go soon enough though given we have actually recruited some centres this year I would rather we let him get fully fit than rush him back anyways!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 10:49
Rushing back IMV just is not an option. Get it right once and for all and come back gently when he has proved his fitness, had a run out or two with the United.

Must say I, obviously wrongly, believed he would be back this season start and not having him and Anthony is a blow. At least it gives the like of Roberts and Willison to step up, and Clark if he is fully fit.

Still would like to see us sign a big nasty aggressive tough tight head to help ensure we can match if not get on top of an opposition pack. Without parity and decent clean ball, it doesn't matter who is in the backs.

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 19:46
Definitely rest and come back slowly. We need to build a style of play and get the systems right more than we need to rush back ďsuperstarsĒ.

Roberts, Willison and Clarke will do nicely in the centres and we have loads of firepower out wide even without Watson.

Get them rested, robust and at full tilt for the run in where we will hopefully still be in contention this time and they will add quality and competition to raise the standards.

Or more likely, fade horribly mid-season and throw on anyone who might last 20 minutes like we have the last couple of seasons, leading to inevitable reinjury and further selection turmoil and short term replacements.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 20:45
Donít forget Max Wright, also first team squad now so needs to pull his weight when called upon.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

19 July, 2018 23:05
Apparently just having his pins out. Not a good idea to play contact sport with pins so would definitely have been planned and factored into recovery. Also for the glass half empty merchants they would not have taken the pins out unless recovery was on track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/07/2018 23:11 by TG Kesmo.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

20 July, 2018 02:10
Quote:
ken_jnr

Roberts, Willison and Clarke will do nicely in the centres and we have loads of firepower out wide even without Watson.

G

Quite so - if they remain fit - but what is the likelihood of that happening? The unfortunate Clarke has a wretched record & Roberts has had his troubles has he not?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

20 July, 2018 06:59
Quote:
TG Kesmo
Apparently just having his pins out. Not a good idea to play contact sport with pins so would definitely have been planned and factored into recovery. Also for the glass half empty merchants they would not have taken the pins out unless recovery was on track.

Always seemed the more likelier position - rubbish journalism and sensationalist headline

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

20 July, 2018 07:24
This is a non story

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

20 July, 2018 10:38
But a chance for some to keep the negativity stoked up till the season starts!

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

24 July, 2018 16:54
In his Instagram story the other day (I appreciate not a written statement or anything but it has come from the man himself) he has had the pins out and the stitches are out from the removal of them. Has a big nasty scar on his foot but I suspect that means he will be getting rehab over the summer and be able to start running in the not too distant future.

I'm not medic but provided he doesn't suffer any set backs you can see him being fit by late September/October probably if they think his S&C and fitness is up to scratch. I would rather air on the side of caution though given JJ's game is built around his outside break and speed etc. Let's give him the chance to get up to speed (literally) and use the other guys whilst he recooperates!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight; 2018-19 Jonathan Joseph

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 13:09
[www.somersetlive.co.uk] Walking Unaided

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 13:40
If all goes well and his comeback is in October, that will be god news indeed!

PG

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 13:51
Mmm, just in time for the first England international on 3rd November then...

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Bath Supporter Jack

01 August, 2018 14:44
Always the worry!

Toby Faletau gets injured after 10 minutes of the first game........back just in tine for Wales in the AI. Gets injured in the last five minutes of the last match......back just in time for 6N.........well that's how last season felt anyway!!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 15:12
It was in the Toulon game that TF got flopped on by MB. I agree that it didnít seem like it but TF actually started 13 prem games and 3 Euro games for us last season? He only played 87 mins of the 6N though.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 16:45
I'll take that as all good news.

Watson and Obano are the ones to worry about - those types of injuries are career-threatening. They have all our good wishes for the best recovery.

MESSAGES->author
FourSticks (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 18:54
I believe Watson's contract runs out at the end of the 2018/19 season. If Bath hold out until he is fit again before negotiating a contract extension, there's a strong chance we could lose him to another team. Furthermore, if it's a season-long injury, then there is the worrying possibility that Ant may have already played his last game for Bath.

I hope for the sake our my sanity (at the very least) there is an announcement sooner rather than later about a contract extension for our fullback.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

01 August, 2018 19:15
Pretty sure (although canít find it) they they said that contracts would be sorted nice and early.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net